Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mfishell
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I'm troubleshooting a Gorgar / Williams System 6 issue.

When the magnet releases the ball, the top & left jet bumpers and both slingshots fire.

I've tried disconnecting the capacitors (as I read in another thread) on the two jets and it stops them but then the right jet bumper and both slingshots fire.

All jet bumpers and slingshots score properly and function normally (with and without the capacitors disconnected)

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from mfishell:

When the magnet releases the ball, the top & left jet bumpers and both slingshots fire.
I've tried disconnecting the capacitors (as I read in another thread) on the two jets and it stops them but then the right jet bumper and both slingshots fire.
All jet bumpers and slingshots score properly and function normally (with and without the capacitors disconnected)

To add to this, I ran test mode on the solenoids and a couple of the solenoids fire at the same time but then, the 2.5A fuse for the solenoids blew. Replaced it and now the fuse blows when the machine is powered on.

#3 3 years ago

I'd check the diodes and operation of the magnet relay as a place to start.

#4 3 years ago

Check that you don't have a plug off by one pin in the head. And the interconnect between the mpu and solenoid driver board is seated properly. I had this issue with my gorgar. I put a plug off by one pin.
When I serviced my boards.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Check that you don't have a plug off by one pin in the head. And the interconnect between the mpu and solenoid driver board is seated properly. I had this issue with my gorgar. I put a plug off by one pin.
When I serviced my boards.

No, they are connected correctly.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from mfishell:

Well, I did a lot of troubleshooting this, disconnecting solenoids, replacing diodes, etc. Finally I unplugged the solenoids and clipped onto the pins for the slingshot and hit the switch for the pit to trigger the magnet. Amazingly the slingshot fired when the magnet released. Guess the RottenDog MPU board has some interesting quirks...

Guess should have checked this earlier...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-jet-bumpers-and-sling-shots-fire-when-magnet-releases?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.