(Topic ID: 212175)

Gorgar is a real Devil!

By Eddie

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eddie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Have a Gorger in the shop that would not boot. There were blown fuses as someone hacked in a light mod that shorted and almost started a fire.

Maybe the short burned something related to the diagnostics?

Once the fuses were replaced (with the proper values) the game would go into a crazy reset mode.

It would reset instantly over and over but on occasion would boot up for about 1 min.

When it did boot the game played fine for about 20 secs before it would reset again.

The only issue is that the diagnostics from the coin door buttons would partially work.

You can get into diagnostics but only the first test (Display). You could cycle the numerals with the advance button but nothing else. Auto button does nothing.

Score reset works fine.

I reworked the MPU and the power supply with all new caps, new fuses, desoldered and reflowed all connector and component pins on both boards and cleaned them.

You can follow what I did on my (Pintech FB page )

Once that was done the game boots up just fine and plays really fast and strong. Only the diagnostics issue has remained.

I did not change the scanbee sockets as the chips are being held very tightly. I did reseat them.

I will probably go ahead and change them out but don't see how they would fix this issue.

I desoldered, cleaned and reflowed the 40 pin interconnect but will change the headers and connectors later as I didn't have any in stock and they just arrived.

Again I don't think that connector would address this issue.

Im getting 2 volts low evenly across all test points. 12v is 10v, 5 volts is 3v etc.

As I stated the game plays really fast and strong (Despite the low voltage readings) ?

Any ideas where to go from here?

Once the diagnostics is fixed I can begin to shop the rest of the machine.

Thanks!

#4 6 years ago

CadillacMusic I finally broke down and checked the buttons as you suggested.

I was going to do it as I usually start with the simple things first but this time I didn't as they looked really clean and both momentary switches were working.

What do you know? The center toggle switch with the 3 tabs O,G,O failed in one of the toggled positions so I simply changed the wire on the failed O tab to the working O tab and the Diagnostics works fine.

The head and body ground is continuous. The machine is playing flawlessly so Ill leave it at that.

Thanks for the smack I needed it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eddie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-is-a-real-devil?tu=Eddie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.