View topic image gallery

1234bc046adf2742a704f0c8b65f9e1802db4534 (resized).jpg
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
IMG_3064 (resized).JPG
IMG_3063 (resized).JPG
IMG_3062 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

Hello, I am more of an EM guy and I need help with a couple small issues on a Gorgar I'm working on. First, I have a loose wire from a switch behind the upper drop targets that I cannot tell where it came from. I'm guessing it goes with the orange wires from the lamp sockets but I am not sure. I do not see anywhere that it broke free from. Secondly, I have to replace the pins on a connector. The wires from the connector lead to the potentiometer. I just need to know the size/type of pins I need. They kind of look like the Gottlieb System 1 connectors. Thanks in advance.

IMG_3062 (resized).JPGIMG_3062 (resized).JPGIMG_3063 (resized).JPGIMG_3063 (resized).JPGIMG_3064 (resized).JPGIMG_3064 (resized).JPGIMG_3065 (resized).JPGIMG_3065 (resized).JPGIMG_3066 (resized).JPGIMG_3066 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinjunkie16:

First, I have a loose wire from a switch behind the upper drop targets that I cannot tell where it came from. I'm guessing it goes with the orange wires from the lamp sockets but I am not sure.

I wouldn't do that. Never mix your switch matrix with your lamp matrix.

On the switch the white wire blue stripe goes to the lug with the black end of the diode. The orange wire is likely a jumper to a nearby switch with a green wire or jumps to another orange wire that leads to a green wire. It would hook onto a green wire. Look at how all your other switches are wired. Same thing each switch for the base color white or green, stripes will be different colors.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Connector looks like the .156 size connectors. Ed has them - https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago

That Red/Black/Ground Molex (White) connector(s) looks like a hack job. I would either fix it right or find another connector from a computer power supply or something like that and splice those three wires onto a good, clean connector that has wiring already in it. You can lift the pins out you don't need or even move them around in the socket. Let me know if you need help. I would be happy to make one or two for you if you feel comfortable working with crimp or solder splices. Free, of course.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinjunkie16:

Hello, I am more of an EM guy and I need help with a couple small issues on a Gorgar I'm working on. First, I have a loose wire from a switch behind the upper drop targets that I cannot tell where it came from. I'm guessing it goes with the orange wires from the lamp sockets but I am not sure. I do not see anywhere that it broke free from. Secondly, I have to replace the pins on a connector. The wires from the connector lead to the potentiometer. I just need to know the size/type of pins I need. They kind of look like the Gottlieb System 1 connectors. Thanks in advance.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The loose orange wire attaches to the Green with orange stripe wire.
Follow the small orange jumper's coming off at the green and orange stripe wire lug to the other solder pads re attach wire to the nearest solder pad.
1234bc046adf2742a704f0c8b65f9e1802db4534 (resized).jpg1234bc046adf2742a704f0c8b65f9e1802db4534 (resized).jpg

#6 4 years ago

Thanks Everyone, I will solder the loose wire to the green and orange wire as PINTEC suggested. As for the connector I will order a few .156 molex ? pins and replace all three. The connector itself seems fine. I have replaced System 1 connectors/pins before and it looks very similar. I really appreciate the help. You guys are the best. Roger

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-help-needed-1?hl=md_pinball_dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.