Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by HHaase
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

First off, I am new to this forum and have only had a pinball machine for about a month. My gorgar has been fairly reliable up until today. Today it just stopped playing during a game and it just says "gorgar" over and over again. I cannot get anything else even after shutting it down and turning it back on ..Same thing every time. The score #'s aren't lit up either. Is this a common prob with gorgar or something much worse? Any help appreciated.

#2 10 years ago

post a video!

#3 10 years ago

Try pulling the driver board off and putting it back on. It will clean the interconnecter pins.

#4 10 years ago

lordloss, I tried to post a vid but it would stop at 8% and not load it. I imagine its too big at 22 meg or something. I would be happy to e-mail it to you it you wouldnt mind. devilknight, I will give that a try..thank you both. BTW I am in SE MN not too far from lordloss by chance. I am near Austin

#5 10 years ago

Sounds like some connectors. Most likely the often worn 40 pin connector. Check the connectors and re-seat them and see if things improve. These are old machines and things go bad from time to time. I love Gorgar by the way, welcome to the community!

#6 10 years ago

If you need I swing out your way some time this week and give you a run down on it. Happy to help

#7 10 years ago

That would be awesome crassmage. I will pm you some contact info. Let me know when it would work out for you. I am here most of the time.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

That would be awesome crassmage. I will pm you some contact info. Let me know when it would work out for you. I am here most of the time.

Welcome to the MN pinball scene. We have our own thread you can join as well.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Welcome to the MN pinball scene. We have our own thread you can join as well.

Is it the minnesota wisconsin thread? Thanks , I will be checking that out.

#13 10 years ago

Thanks for the help everyone and the "guide to bulletproofing" link. I will update this thread later with any developments. I sure miss hearing gorgar say his other 6 words.

3 weeks later
#14 10 years ago

Did you ever get your boards back from Hans?

#15 10 years ago

First off, I would like to thank everyone that posted to my thread with helpful advise. I can see that Pinside is going to be a great forum to be a part of. Turned out that my boards needed a general going over and some "bulletproofing" too, as many of you guys suggested. Crassmage referred me to Hans at http://www.siegecraft.us/ for this work. He did a great job and his price was real fair. Gorgar speaks again. (All seven words, not just one)

#16 10 years ago

Very cool to hear it's all up and running, speech included. I knew the driver was good when I sent it back, so I was curious if the sound problem went away or if the sound/speech boards were having issues too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-gorgar-gorgar-ect-ect and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.