3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by StratDoc
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stratdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

The flasher lamps decided to quit working. I went ahead and replaced both resistors even though they checked out okay with the multimeter. I also checked Q25 transistor - tested fine. I have power to the coil and to the flasher control board. Both lamps are good. Magnet works fine. Anything I am missing?

Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Bumping this because I am stumped.

Went ahead are replaced Q25, and the large and small resistors on the flasher lamp board that is attached to the PF. Voltage coming off the magnet solenoid to the to flasher lamp board is fine. Magnet works fine. Voltage to the flasher bulbs when magnet is activated is around 14vdc which is low. Grounding Q25 does not activate the lamps. Guess I have a continuity problems from board to lamps?

Thanks for any help.

#3 3 years ago

Continuity from 2J11 3 to the lamp board is checks out okay. So to recap, have replaced Q25 and the large and small resistors on the flasher board. I have correct voltage to the flasher board off the solenoid. Magnet works. I have 12-14 vdc on the lamps. Lamps do not activate during diagnostics solenoid test. Lamps do not activate when Q25 is grounded.

What else needs to be checked? Since the lamps do not activate when q25 is grounded that should mean there is something between Q25 and the flasher board. Everything checks out okay though. double checked to make sure both bulbs are good and replaced the sockets with new.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for the link, but have replaced both resistors even though they both tested good.

#7 3 years ago

Yes, GRy-BLU wire from 2j11 3 is connected to the flasher board. Grounding the wire does not light the lamps, and there is continuity from the connector to the flasher board.

#10 3 years ago

So, the 1ohm 1/2 watt resistors I bought to replace the small resistor gets super hot. The large resistor stays cool.

Reinstalled the original small resistor and now the flash lamps work. What the heck?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stratdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-flasher-lamps?tu=stratdoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.