Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by StratDoc
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 13 days ago

The flasher lamps decided to quit working. I went ahead and replaced both resistors even though they checked out okay with the multimeter. I also checked Q25 transistor - tested fine. I have power to the coil and to the flasher control board. Both lamps are good. Magnet works fine. Anything I am missing?

Thanks

#2 11 days ago

Bumping this because I am stumped.

Went ahead are replaced Q25, and the large and small resistors on the flasher lamp board that is attached to the PF. Voltage coming off the magnet solenoid to the to flasher lamp board is fine. Magnet works fine. Voltage to the flasher bulbs when magnet is activated is around 14vdc which is low. Grounding Q25 does not activate the lamps. Guess I have a continuity problems from board to lamps?

Thanks for any help.

#3 10 days ago

Continuity from 2J11 3 to the lamp board is checks out okay. So to recap, have replaced Q25 and the large and small resistors on the flasher board. I have correct voltage to the flasher board off the solenoid. Magnet works. I have 12-14 vdc on the lamps. Lamps do not activate during diagnostics solenoid test. Lamps do not activate when Q25 is grounded.

What else needs to be checked? Since the lamps do not activate when q25 is grounded that should mean there is something between Q25 and the flasher board. Everything checks out okay though. double checked to make sure both bulbs are good and replaced the sockets with new.

#4 10 days ago

Here's a previous post, these resistors are under the playfield and if they fail the flashers won't work. Very common to fail

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-snake-resistors#post-1833722

#5 10 days ago

Thanks for the link, but have replaced both resistors even though they both tested good.

#6 9 days ago

Is there a GRY-BLU wire going to the flasher bulbs?

If you briefly ground that GRY-BLU wire with a jumper wire to the cabinet ground strap does it light the flasher bulbls?

#7 9 days ago

Yes, GRy-BLU wire from 2j11 3 is connected to the flasher board. Grounding the wire does not light the lamps, and there is continuity from the connector to the flasher board.

#8 8 days ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Grounding the wire does not light the lamps

Good, you have narrowed down the problem to something on the flasher board or the lamps wiring. Where you grounded the GRY-BLU wire should have lit the bulbs.

What does the GRY-BLU wire connect to on flasher board, can you post a picture of flasher board?

#9 8 days ago

Another thing to try: Find the wire on the flasher board that's closest to and feeds to the lamps. Briefly ground that wire with a jumper wire to the cabinet ground strap does it light the flasher bulbs? If that lights up the bulbs, problem is on flasher board.

#10 7 days ago

So, the 1ohm 1/2 watt resistors I bought to replace the small resistor gets super hot. The large resistor stays cool.

Reinstalled the original small resistor and now the flash lamps work. What the heck?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside