So I brought a bit of a do-er up-er. A 1979 Gorgar, same age as me.
First things first, it works and plays. Cosmetically it is awful. I brought it for £690 (approx $850), a pretty fair price I think.
Initial Inspection (Marks out of 10):
1. Apron:7: It has a few scratches / marks, replacement would be good but not essential.
2. Cabinet:5: Poor, top box needs replacement back panel, graphics on right side of cab are faded due to being in the sun. Needs repaint/stencil work.
3. Inner Cabinet:8: Looks very good, needs a hoover out.
4. Side Rails:7: Flat, clean, should be ok.
5. Backglass:3: It is in bad shape, previous owner has tried to touch it up. Ideally needs to be replaced.
6. Electronics:8: All four pcbs seems to be in good shape. Transformer looks good.
7. Solenoids/Mechanical:7: One solenoid replacement needed, flippers need a service, maybe replacing.
8. LCD Displays: 8: All working well.
9. Legs: 6:Ok and look to be original
10. Playfield:3: Oh shit, don’t ask!
11. Plastics:7: Reasonable condition, just some small scratches, signs of use.
12. Pop Bumper Caps:8: Original and intact.
13. Shooter:6: Needs a clean and replacement spring.
Pictures and plan of action to follow.