• Latest reply 6 years ago by mwsmith
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

switch_problem (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hello, I just picked up my first pinball machine, Gorgar, and am having some issues. The 'B' roll over is spotty as to whether or no it registers. Some times the ball rolls over and it plays the sound, scores, etc, but other times it doesn't register at all.

The second issue is the display. The 3'rd and 4th player scores are all 7's (that flash )at start up and in game. If the 3rd or 4th players gets any points the displays change, but parts of numbers are missing and it is inaccurate.

The game doesn't have a working battery back, so I have to do a double flip to start it. It did not have the score display this issue this morning, the first time I played it, but just developed it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Rick

#2 6 years ago

Clean the rollover switch contact with a business card and make sure the contacts are close enough together to make good contact

Reseat all the display connectors going into the main display board (with the credits on it), see if that effects it at all. If not, try swapping good and bad displays around and see if the problem stays with the display or with the player number, that'll tell you if it's a problem with an individual display or with the master display

#3 6 years ago

Also, re-seat the connectors that run across the top of the CPU board. Only re-seat cables with the power OFF.

If this resolves the issue, you should replace the header pins on the CPU board and possibly replace the cable connectors. Re-seating the cable is usually a temporary fix. Replacing the header pins might should make it reliable.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks so much for the advice so far! I probably won't be able to try this out until this weekend, but I'll let you know if any of them fix the issue! I really appreciate it!

#5 6 years ago

As for the rollover switch issue, Williams had a lot of improperly assembled switches. One contact was installed wrong. The switch can be disassembled and the blade flipped, but the other contact may be damaged and need replacement. Pinball Resource has all the parts to rebuild switches.

switch_problem (resized).jpgswitch_problem (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-display-and-roll-over-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.