Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Vandal
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

So my Gorgar started acting funny and randomly give out free credits. Also, the C didn't light up when the ball rolls over it, but then goes on the same time as the free credit is awarded. In trying to find the problem, I noticed that if I swing/tap the coin door it tend to trigger the free credit. I checked for wires touching things they shouldn't be, but couldn't find the culprit. Any ideas or tips? I took video, but it doesn't look like I can upload video here.

#2 4 months ago

Wires shorted to metal. Wires shorted inside a harness you can't see. Something on front underside of playfield hitting stuff on coin door.

Try with coin door open, if problem stops may help sort it out.

LTG : )

#3 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wires shorted to metal. Wires shorted inside a harness you can't see. Something on front underside of playfield hitting stuff on coin door.
Try with coin door open, if problem stops may help sort it out.
LTG : )

Thanks, I will look inside the harnesses. It does it with coin door closed, and when open, but when open if I swing the coin door or tap it, the free game knocker tends to fire.

I can't remember if I tried while playfield was risen. I will try that to see if it is something from playfield hitting metal on cab.

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Mooresville, NC
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!