Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1430515332370.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
P1010801.JPG
GORGARS.png

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

And the playfield! ... Hey, a man can dream...

I hear ya there brother.

#52 9 years ago

Yes, some of it very interesting and cool as some original artwork drawings with the films.

Also we got the print from IPB for "Son of Fireball' which is cool as well.

rick

#53 9 years ago

Nice

#54 9 years ago

I always thought Gorgar might be Fireball's son.

3 weeks later
#55 9 years ago

Ok, so need some feedback here ... were there two different color schemes on Gorgar backglass?

We have the correct artwork - BUT one large difference is that the original films call out "COPPER (aka GOLD)" mirror and what we have seen on games is SILVER only. There are also some additional color differences (lighter/darker primarily).

Anyone ever see a COPPER (GOLD) Gorgar Mirror backglass?

thanks,
rick

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Well, the blackout glass was for sale at Expo, everyone there was able to see it, so there must be some proof in the pudding.
Wondering if Sorcerer backglass would be interesting as we had previously done the plastics?
rick

OMG TAKE MY MONEY. Sorcerer Backglass is amazing. I'd buy it without the game, just to have.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Ok, so need some feedback here ... were there two different color schemes on Gorgar backglass?
We have the correct artwork - BUT one large difference is that the original films call out "COPPER (aka GOLD)" mirror and what we have seen on games is SILVER only. There are also some additional color differences (lighter/darker primarily).
thanks,
rick

So we're talking copper mirroring instead of silver? I can't speak to anything other than the one I have and pics I've seen which all seem to be silver. Copper could look pretty cool, but I wonder how it would look installed in a game considering the side-rails, lockdown-bar, and coin door are silver.

#58 9 years ago

I hope one day a Williams World Cup back glass is made. I have bought two used ones. Each one has been of better quality but a PPS remake would be so awesome.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

thanks,
rick

Sorry never seen one. My Gorgar is silver.

#60 9 years ago

Go silver, any news on a Alien Poker backglass ?

#61 9 years ago

Silver on Mine and others I've seen. Thought the copper(gold) might look cool, but definitely different.

#62 9 years ago

All the ones I ever saw were silver.

#63 9 years ago

Both my Gorgars are silver.

#64 9 years ago

A gold Gorgar would look awesome.

PPS is going to make some amazing stuff I feel.

#65 9 years ago

I've only seen silver.

#66 9 years ago

Any update on when the Backglasses will be ready to ship?

#67 9 years ago

My Gorgars are all silver too. Any chance of getting playfields for Gorgar in the future???

#68 9 years ago

Sounds like a good question would be who would be interested in gold?

#69 9 years ago

+1 for gold. Only hardcore gorgar fans would notice. Nice little Easter egg for those in the know.

1 week later
#70 9 years ago

Any updates on the Gorgar BG?

#71 9 years ago

We are looking for a good original sample.

1 month later
#72 9 years ago

What is the status of the Gorgar Backglass, thought these were going to be ready in December?

#73 9 years ago

I asked last week on PPS forum. Here's Rick's response.

"Everything is in to start production, so I expect first couple weeks of January. Main issue was we were searching for an original glass to use to check colors, etc, but had gotten an older repro so that put a delay in things - this is sorted out and things are ready to go."

#74 9 years ago

What happened to all of the AM reproductions that were done on mirrored glass? They were beautiful. I would have thought that the Gorgar reproduction backglass demands were met long ago. Doesn't mayfair still have them in stock? If someone offered $300 for one I bet they would suddenly pop up out of the woodwork.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from makeittogo:

What happened to all of the AM reproductions that were done on mirrored glass? They were beautiful. I would have thought that the Gorgar reproduction backglass demands were met long ago. Doesn't mayfair still have them in stock? If someone offered $300 for one I bet they would suddenly pop up out of the woodwork.

They were poor reproductions at best, the colors were off. We had one of these supplied by a customer, and that was part of the delay - as we needed to get an 'original' glass as opposed to the off color repro.

rick

#76 9 years ago

I had a Mayfair repro on my last Gorgar. Quality was excellent. If there was a color difference It was very slight, if at all. I had the repro and original side by side ... really couldn't tell. To call it a "poor reproduction at best" sounds like your laying the salesman's butter on a bit thick.

That said, I'll still buy one of your repros.

#77 9 years ago

gorgar playfield please! i'm actually surprised they haven't been made before

1 month later
#78 9 years ago

Any updates on the Gorgar BG? I'm coming into some money with tax refunds and would love to purchase!

Quoted from miguelortega:

gorgar playfield please! i'm actually surprised they haven't been made before

+1. Any chance screens for the pf were found?

1 month later
#79 8 years ago

Gorgar backglasses are done and should be here end of next week. We will notify those on the pre-reserve list and then any remaining will be on the site. These have come out great.

rick

#80 8 years ago

I lent pps my glass to help with the remake and got the new one the other day. I am very happy with the outcome and they look great! For those that have a toasted back glass, now is the time to make this classic look good again.

#81 8 years ago

Totally looking forward to seeing this hit the web site.

#82 8 years ago

Checking to see if an email went out to pre-orderers yet. Haven't seen anything come through myself...

#83 8 years ago

I'm in for one.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from LEE:

Joe,
Tried to work a deal on a Gorgar, but the seller is sitting on it instead of being willing to sell it. So, I still have this;
P1010801.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

How much?

#85 8 years ago

Also I need 1...

#86 8 years ago

I think these will be on pps site very soon guys. I have a feeling these will go fast

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I think these will be on pps site very soon guys. I have a feeling these will go fast

Hopefully the PPS manufacturing and sales model will allow for additional runs if they run out and there's enough demand for it.

Quoted from supercombo:

Checking to see if an email went out to pre-orderers yet. Haven't seen anything come through myself...

I haven't heard anything yet. My guess based on Rick's post is those on the list will get emailed when they're ready to sell. Towards the end of this week maybe?

I hope playfields get run at some point. With CPR plastics and the PPS backglass, all I'd need for a full on pristine game is stencils to redo the cabinet and a repro PF. I would love to have a fully restored game in my collection.

#88 8 years ago

Got the email from PPS this morning and made the purchase. The $249 price tag does not include shipping, btw. Not cheap to get it to Chicago from California ($33 for FedEx ground), but I've seen the packaging of the Blackout backglass firsthand and it was top notch. Thanks to Rick and PPS for re-running these - my Gorgar... Thanks... Youuuuuu

#89 8 years ago

Yes, they are in and very limited, and we've had special packaging and have not had one broken glass (knock on wood).

[email protected]

#90 8 years ago

Gorgar Backglasses are on the store, we've notified the pre-reserve people, so now anyone interested can purchase. We have very limited supply of these, and will sell out shortly. They are silkscreened with mirror and are really nice.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-GORGAR-BG&Store_Code=PP

#91 8 years ago

I was on the pre-reserve and never got contacted. I signed up the day it was posted.

#92 8 years ago

I have one on the way.

#93 8 years ago

I don't even have a Gorgar (yet), but I was just thinking about how nice it is to have quality replacement parts like these available now for so many classic games. Good times. Good times.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Yes, some of it very interesting and cool as some original artwork drawings with the films.
Also we got the print from IPB for "Son of Fireball' which is cool as well.
rick

Have you any interest in selling the original drawings by chance? Pretty sure a number of pinheads would go nutty over a chance at that sort of thing.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Have you any interest in selling the original drawings by chance? Pretty sure a number of pinheads would go nutty over a chance at that sort of thing.

Nothing original will ever be sold, we may think about reprints, etc as there are a bunch of original artwork we have of games that were never produced, early versions of art, as well as art with different titles than what ended up on the games ...

#96 8 years ago

wahoo! mine showed up yesterday, on my birthday too! Looks really nice!
FB_IMG_1430515332370.jpgFB_IMG_1430515332370.jpg

#97 8 years ago

Picked mine up, looks great. Next step will be to mount it, until such a time that I can acquire a local Gorgar directly.

#98 8 years ago

Got mine last night, it looks awesome. Now if someone would just reproduce the playfield again to go with it.

-Joe

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-backglass-ready-to-go/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.