Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1430515332370.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
P1010801.JPG
GORGARS.png

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

We have the Gorgar Backglass queued up (Blackout was available at Expo and we are receiving the rest of them in the next couple of weeks).

Gorgar is original WMS Artwork which is 12+ colors + gold/copper mirror + blackout text layer - all silkscreened on tempered glass. Expected to be $239

If interested please let us know so we can gauge production:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/product/gorgar-williams-blackglass-silkscreened-wmirror/

Looking for these to be done late Nov / early Dec.

[email protected]

GORGARS.pngGORGARS.png

#2 9 years ago

How about a new playfield to go with this?

#3 9 years ago

we'll look around and see what we can find.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We have the Gorgar Backglass queued up

Great work, Rick!
-mof

#5 9 years ago

I'm interested in a Gorgar BG!

Any chance you've found screens for the Alien Poker backglass? Does your current process allow you to do smaller runs for less popular games and still make it worth your while? I think there are a few Alien Poker owners hoping BGs will be run at some point.

#6 9 years ago

Yes, for backglasses we can do smaller runs, increases price a bit, but can still do them. We will look for Alien Poker glass. All of the different process in process (and there are many) are updated on the PPS forum as it's too many different threads here and we don't want to overload things on pinside with PPS products.

#7 9 years ago

That is great news. PLEASE make extras, so they remain "affordable" for a little while? Once they hit the collector market...WHOOSH!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

How about a new playfield to go with this?

Joe,
Tried to work a deal on a Gorgar, but the seller is sitting on it instead of being willing to sell it. So, I still have this;
P1010801.JPGP1010801.JPG

#9 9 years ago

Great product, very exciting. Would be interested in an Alien Poker backglass. Hard item to come by.

#10 9 years ago

+1 for Alien Poker BG.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Would be interested in an Alien Poker backglass. Hard item to come by.

Quoted from Razor:

+1 for Alien Poker BG.

I know I started it, but let's not derail this thread with Alien Poker begging! I posted an Alien Poker Backglass thread in the PPS forum wishlist section. That would probably be an appropriate place to show your interest.

I'm genuinely excited for a Gorgar backglass, too, since I need one.

Big thanks to Rick and PPS for using the new-found films and jumping in and making parts we need!

#12 9 years ago

My Gorgar could use a back glass...and a playfield, lol

Next thing you know I'll be ordering the cabinet stencils too (hey, ol' Gorgar deserves it)

#13 9 years ago

Another +1 for Alien Poker!

#14 9 years ago

I'm interested in a Gorgar backglass and playfield as well

#15 9 years ago

Dam, I guess I'd better start working some overtime so I can bank it. Count me in for a Gorgar BG Rick!

Brian

#17 9 years ago

Why is she smelling his armpit?

#18 9 years ago

just committed to a backglass. i love gorgar! thank-you to rick for making these available! if there was a playfield available i'd order that too! fingers crossed!

or... does anyone have a good NOS one available... i am also impatient...

#19 9 years ago

That was fast Rick. Some people were skeptics but I guess they need to see the proof in the pudding now.

#20 9 years ago

Id be interested in a Gorgar backglass and playfield..

Thanks
Mike

#21 9 years ago

Well, the blackout glass was for sale at Expo, everyone there was able to see it, so there must be some proof in the pudding.

Wondering if Sorcerer backglass would be interesting as we had previously done the plastics?

rick

#22 9 years ago

I'm absolutely in for a Sorcerer BG.

EDIT: I'm in for a Sorc playfield too.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I'm interested in a Gorgar BG!
Any chance you've found screens for the Alien Poker backglass? Does your current process allow you to do smaller runs for less popular games and still make it worth your while? I think there are a few Alien Poker owners hoping BGs will be run at some point.

I might if I can get the dang thing running again

#25 9 years ago

Interested in GORGAR backglass

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Wondering if Sorcerer backglass would be interesting as we had previously done the plastics?

My Sorcerer glass is near perfect and I'd still consider purchasing a repro. It's a beautiful backglass.

...but what I really need is a new playfield.

Great job on the Sorcerer plastics by the way. I really needed that new center plastic.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

My Sorcerer glass is near perfect and I'd still consider purchasing a repro. It's a beautiful backglass.
...but what I really need is a new playfield.
Great job on the Sorcerer plastics by the way. I really needed that new center plastic.

2nd.

#28 9 years ago

I need one also. Ed

#29 9 years ago

I'm in on a Sorcerer BG.

#30 9 years ago

This thread is making me want a Gorgar!, Argh.

#31 9 years ago

Will your various backglasses be available at the Allentown show in May 2015?

#32 9 years ago

This is a long long long shot but will you ever do the prototype backglass for Grand Lizard?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

This is a long long long shot but will you ever do the prototype backglass for Grand Lizard?

Learn more here. Stuff is in the works.
-mof

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-grand-lizard-proto-backglass

#34 9 years ago

Oh man my dream is coming true!!!
Thanks so much for that link mof

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Well, the blackout glass was for sale at Expo, everyone there was able to see it, so there must be some proof in the pudding.
rick

Sorcerer would be freaking awesome.

Gorgar is amazing artwork.

#36 9 years ago

Gorgar is really really detailed artwork, I've not see anything so intricate perhaps with the exception of Pinball Circus cab art in terms of art and detail.

#37 9 years ago

Could just be the pic or lighting, but that Gorgar looks orangish. Seems he should be red.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Gorgar is really really detailed artwork, I've not see anything so intricate perhaps with the exception of Pinball Circus cab art in terms of art and detail.

It is a very striking image...although I never knew if the barbarian is putting her down as a sacrifice, or if he's resucuing her.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Could just be the pic or lighting, but that Gorgar looks orangish. Seems he should be red.

It's just a small jpeg, so the orange is the closest orange for consumption in that format (and displays show color differently, etc). The colors are called out on the films specifically and otherwise are color matched against an original as well.

rick

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Can't wait!

#42 9 years ago

Sorcerer playfield and backglass ... yes!

Alien Poker playfield and backglass ... yes!

Very hard to find parts (if you want NOS quality) ... repros needed for sure.

... and glad to see Gorgar getting done... great game too!

#43 9 years ago

I wish someone could figure out the licensing and rerun the space invaders playfields...

#44 9 years ago

I know this might be asking WAY too much Rick but what about running the Elektra prototype backglass?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#45 9 years ago

First we need to find things, there several hundred tubes of films and about 20 flat file cabinets - not inventoried and identified as to what is what ... so I have one person who is doing nothing but doing film inventory for the last several weeks. We are always looking for those 'nuggets'.

rick

#46 9 years ago

It's crazy you have so much film it can give someone a full time Job

#47 9 years ago

yes, it is crazy, but it is true, this is all of the remaining and usable WMS film inventory that IPB had.

#48 9 years ago

Hopefully you find some nice prototype backglass's in those films like Grand Lizard. I'm Definintly buying that one when it's done!

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Hopefully you find some nice prototype backglass's in those films like Grand Lizard. I'm Definintly buying that one when it's done!

And the playfield! ... Hey, a man can dream...

#50 9 years ago

Super excited about picking up a new Gorgar backglass!

I would love to sit in on the process of going through some of those old films. I bet you guys are uncovering some really cool archival stuff. Live video stream, perhaps?

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-backglass-ready-to-go and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.