PXL_20230921_145607720 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152812628 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152819420 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230822_234604281 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128270_1138714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128316_1138723 (resized).jpg
20230716_181917 (resized).jpg
20230716_181924 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinster68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 10 years ago

My Gorgar. Plus I have an HEP restored NOS playfield that awaits swapping.

I purchased my backglass from Mayfair. I was told by Steve (Mayfair's owner) that this was the last production from Williams, done in the late 90's before they shut down. Looks beautiful.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

Love my Gorgar! First pin I restored and it didn't come out too shabby. Got some flaking on the back glass but not too bad.
John

John, every time I see your Gorgar it makes we want to get moving on my restore. Beautiful work!

#35 10 years ago

Wow. Show us some pics of the HEP restored playfield. I bet it is amazing!!!!

Here's the NOS playfield when it arrived last year, just before I send it off to Christopher at HEP. Traveling at the moment and can't find the restore photos, but they're in a thread here on Pinside. Will look.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I would recommend OP changes title to "Gorgar Club... Members Only!"
-mof

I agree. There's lots of love for this pin. Such a classic, historically-significant pin.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not an owner, but as a long term Gorgar admirerer can I stay in the thread? Great game and all of yalls rock!

I'm not the OP, but I can't imagine why anyone would say no to you.

That said, Gorgars are still inexpensive and plentiful - so I think you should get one.

#46 10 years ago

Looking good bpull.

BTW. I highly recommend to all that you upgrade the speaker and add a subwoofer. Gorgar's beating heart felt through a subwoofer is awesome. image.jpgimage.jpg

#54 10 years ago

I think any speaker replacement will improve Gorgars sound. In my case it was this one:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Is that 8 ohms?

Is that a comment on your $11 upgrade or a reason to pay $65??

4ohms. I think that matched the original.

I think a set of two was less than $20.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from cwg29:

Yes, double check the speaker resistance and the Pyramid speaker aligns with the screws exactly. Sorry, I speak in short hand sometimes.

Hmmm. The original was 8 ohms. Not sure if its an issue as long as I don't over-load the speaker. Sounds good to me.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

So if you go a 4ohm upgrade you need to wire in some transistors...
And if you go a 8 ohm upgrade you can just wire in as-is.
Right?
Is this this only speaker on Gorgar? 100% of the sounds come from this one speaker?
Can someone upload a detailed pic of the underside of the spinner please? I am having trouble with mine and I think I am missing a piece.

Yes, only one speaker.

Can someone share the resistor setup needed for 4ohm speaker use?

1 month later
#93 10 years ago

My Gorgar has been out of commission for an embarrassing amount of time (maybe 2 years). I finally got a new MPU board and it's back to life and working perfect. Will be messing around with LEDs and getting it running fast as can be ... then I'll see about that playfield swap I've been wanting to do.

p.s., Hey PinballerChef you're pics are no longer visible (FORBIDDEN).

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from revmex:

Have they made playfield repo's? I have a spare Gorgar playfield hanging as a wall ornament but its a little warped and needs to be airbrushed. Seems easier to wait for a repo than to be trying to paint all those small details.

-Rev

IMG_0769.JPG 2 MB

No repro. Mine was an NoS playfield I had restored by HEP.

#99 10 years ago

So the only pin I played today was Gorgar. Brutally short games ... felt like I was playing an EM ... loved every minute of it.

I highly recommend a few basic maintenance items with Gorgar. You'll notice the improvement.

1) Service the flippers completely (adjust the flippers, fresh set of rubbers, clean the bushings, coil sleeves, linkage, and all switch contacts including the flipper button contacts)
2) Wax the playfield with 100% carnauba
3) Adjust the spinner switch to limit resistance, and put an ever-so-small dot of oil on the two spinner axle contact points
4) Adjust & clean the sling and pop bumper contacts to ensure maximum response
5) Put a new ball in.

Gorgar may not be a deep game ... but good luck trying to achieve even the basic goals when it's dialed in right and playing lighting fast.

2 months later
#110 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Knock, knock can i join, double pin day today, this beast took the long boat ride ride from the US, thanks KW will catch up with you soon

That's a good looking cabinet. Good luck with it

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

Installed/applied an apron skin (from http://arcadeskin.com/) and it's looking nice:

gorgar1.jpg 40 KB

gorgar2.jpg 56 KB

That does look really good. Too bad we can't order them any more.

1 week later
#121 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Incase everyone didn't see, Jeff at Classic Arcade has released repro pop bumper caps for GORGAR!

Thanks for sharing ... just grabbed a set.

1 week later
#130 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

What do you guys set the pitch degrees at for gorgar, no info in the factory manual stated

Good question ... I think I'm at 6 degrees, but don't quote me on that. Need to go play my Gorgar now....

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

I'm at 6.5 degrees. Make sure your flippers are strong if you go this steep. Plays fast!

Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Not sure about degrees, but my front legs are screwed all the way in and the back legs all the way out. It plays great. Flippers are rebuilt, which is a must because gorgars factory flippers are pretty lame. Ed

Measure the incline, then try a shallower setting. As with any pin the higher the incline the less side-to-side action and outline challenges. While it sounds nice to have the ball move faster vertically and not to risk outlane drains, it makes the game more challenging, IMHO.

Brian

#137 10 years ago

Gorgar and Medusa make a cute couple.

5 months later
#152 9 years ago
Quoted from ChopsHason:

Sorry for posting on an old thread but I picked up my first pinball machine, Gorgar, on july 7! I love this thing! Pretty rough but still playable.

image.jpg 145 KB

image-554.jpg 198 KB

Gorgar needs speed. Wax the playfield, clean and lube (very very lightly) the spinner, rebuild those flippers for max punch, set the incline high. Tons 'o fun.

I have one for sale. It's too nice to put my NoS, HEP restored playfield in, so I'm holding out for a beater down the road.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A4GqkRUiGqcjid

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

Just curious what are you asking for it?

Sorry, should have mentioned... priced to sell @ $1,300.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinster68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-back-from-the-dead-and-terrifying?tu=pinster68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.