PXL_20230921_145607720 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152812628 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152819420 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230822_234604281 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128270_1138714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128316_1138723 (resized).jpg
20230716_181917 (resized).jpg
20230716_181924 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

finished my artwork for the slide... now to figure out which one [quoted image][quoted image]

Why is she sniffing his armpit?

1 year later
#1168 3 years ago

I'm looking for a mostly or fully populated playfield if anyone has one for sale.

1 month later
#1230 3 years ago

Horseshoe drops are a pain in the ass. Has anyone come up with a more reliable mod for them?

1 week later
#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

I know you don’t have to convince Outside Edge that there should be a hardtop for any pin that a “hardtop is more in line with the overall value” of said machine... Hopefully people continue to buy Firepower and Gorgar and show that there is a market for hardtops and repro playfields and this leads for more licensing opportunities of Williams titles. I would love a Flash hardtop!!!

I will be a Gorgar buyer as soon as I can find a populated playfield.

3 months later
#1325 3 years ago
Quoted from lastinterceptor:

my gorgar starts more than 1 game when the ball is ejected into the shooter lane. I checked the credit switch and does not seem to be the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated

I have had this issue on various early SS Williams games. Try cleaning and playing the gapping of the start switch.

6 months later
#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Has anyone installed a Hardtop for their Gorgar? I just bought a Hardtop and have the playfield stripped down. My question is what did you do about the inserts, did you sand until the number and letters were removed? My inserts are slightly cupped and it would take a lot of sanding to remove the letters and numbers off the inserts and might make them worse.
Thanks

I have done a Firepower and a Blackout. I just picked up a Gorgar playfield to do one on soon. You could sand them by hand with a small piece of 220 grit sand paper. When you do the recommended rattle can clear spray on it before laying down the Hardtop, it might bring those inserts back up to a proper shine. I am not confident enough in my painting skills to trust that. You could also pop out the inserts, sand them and glue them back in. However, if you are going through all of that trouble, you might as well just replace them. I replaced all of the inserts on both of the games I did. Like Spraynard said, it's not hard but time consuming. There should be a number of threads on how to remove inserts if you want to go that route.

6 months later
#1495 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Looks like I'm getting a Gorgar this weekend!
A vocabulary of seven words: Gorgar, Speaks, Beat, You, Me, Hurt, Got for different phrases."
.. Now, just imagine the fun we could have if you could add just one more word like ""Butt" to the mix!

The Pinball Technologies NW7 can make all of your Gorgar butt dreams come true. Well, if they are in stock. He is having supply shortages like everyone else. Sounds are swappable, just like Pinsound.
41F86EF7-7D03-4DAE-B8E6-DA1290718678 (resized).jpeg41F86EF7-7D03-4DAE-B8E6-DA1290718678 (resized).jpeg

#1499 2 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Do tell, please describe these "Gorgar butt dreams", you have sparked my curiosity lol

Well...I mean...you know

2 weeks later
#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

How the f**k do you find 100 pinball machines? Never seen one in my life!

If you lurk around in the hobby long enough, you'll get lucky and find one that cheap or even free.

2 weeks later
#1528 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It plays nice with mine.

Same here. I have MPU327 in the one at our club while the original MPU and Solenoid driver are out at Coinop Cauldron. No issues.

#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Also, the NMP drop target kits are awesome!! Easy to install and work perfectly. I can't recommend these enough!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration/page/18#post-1730160
https://troxelrepair.com/product/nmp/

Agreed. I will say, make sure you use some strong glue to adhere the magnets on the back of the drop targets. I used super glue gel and have had the magnets fall off a couple a times. I just picked up some two part epoxy to rectify this.

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I used these. No worry about the glue shattering and easy clean installation. Clean drop targets and magnets with alcohol before applying pads.
https://www.theclip.com/store/3m-vhb-double-sided-adhesive-small-round.html

Hm. Maybe I'll give those a try on my current build. Here is where we are right now.

IMG_0693 (resized).JPGIMG_0693 (resized).JPG
#1536 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Perfect Hard Top project!! Don't buy a Mirco repro!

Hardtop in hand! I'm going to sand it and clear it this weekend.

#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Be really cautions of too much clear on inserts. Just sand to 1000 grit and hit them with one coat of Rust-Oleum 2X Painter's Touch Ultra Cover Gloss Spray Paint Clear. Just so the inserts look smooth and not pocked with egg shell like texture. Make sure to blow out saw dust for inserts and tack cloth first. Also, don't forget to clean the back side of the Hard Top insert windows.
Good luck!

Replacing and polishing all of them. Let’s sand!

ECDA737A-7690-4E46-914F-338BC498174C (resized).jpegECDA737A-7690-4E46-914F-338BC498174C (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1569 1 year ago

Hardtop conversion done. Most things on the top side are new. I replaced a bunch of burned coils, damaged mechs and light sockets on the bottom. I added the following-
LEDs
Blue inserts under the stars
Light for saucer
Black and white colored target faces
Clear red pop bodies
NMP magnetic drop target sensors
Connectors on drop banks for ease of service
Fire effect leds under “gor” and “gar” inserts
I turned off the heartbeat and added demonically themed songs to play via the NW7’s jukebox feature. I only had to swap two coil drive pins to get this running in my 3-6 multi-pin cabinet(originally a Flash). I sanded and repainted the apron. The red on the apron decal from Planetary went super dark when I applied it. Other than that, I was super stoked on how it came out.

2EAAF68F-77A5-4CDA-8AC5-A8026529684A (resized).jpeg2EAAF68F-77A5-4CDA-8AC5-A8026529684A (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1587 1 year ago
Quoted from syrinx:

No big news on the project- but getting closer! Figured I would post a pic to help revive thread! Virtually everything is working-but a few slow switches, doesnt go into attract on playfield and when you hit a pop bumper- save one, it kills the ball. If I dont have progress this weekend will likely call in someone who knows what they are doing
[quoted image]

Run Gorgs through the Ampeg for extra boom!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-back-from-the-dead-and-terrifying?tu=clytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.