PXL_20230921_145607720 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152812628 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152819420 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230822_234604281 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128270_1138714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128316_1138723 (resized).jpg
20230716_181917 (resized).jpg
20230716_181924 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Travish.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#335 7 years ago

They are 1 1/8

4 months later
#343 7 years ago

You probably have a transistor blown on the board. The switch was probably shorted, blew the transistor and cooked the coil.
Lubricated the drop targets? You might want to wipe that off. Clean is good, oil attracts all the carbon and stuff and makes liquid sandpaper.

#347 7 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

YAY, with the new sound and speech board from Kohout Enterprises, no issues with the speech anymore! All the sounds were quite a bit louder actually than with the older board. Had to turn down the volume under the play table quite a bit. Now just waiting for my pinballpro speaker to see if it will make a difference over the 6X9 that was installed in the game when I bought it.

Oh good. Sounds like you are set. How much was the new speaker?

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Past that, I have the lower drop target not blowing the fuse, only the upper drop target set. I'm going to turn the diode around. Thanks for the input so far. Which board were you referring to for a blown transistor? Would it be noticeable or do I have to test them? Thank you, again.

I wouldn't turn the diode around. it goes like this. The banded end goes towards the red wires. You will have to test the transistor. Yes, the transistor will cause the fuse to blow when that coil is activated. If you haven't yet you should read vids system 3-7 guide. It will tell (and show) everything. Also be sure to fuse the bridge rectifiers in the back box.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#365 7 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

Finally rolled the score on my Gorgar! Got past 1 million with the help of the bonus.

Awesome. I have done it twice and close a third time.
It's kind of a letdown though. When it rolls over you don't get the 3 free games for top score.

#367 7 years ago

Jason
Hey I got my new Mayfair back glass in and the light board adjusted. My "old" back glass is much better than yours. If you want my old one you can have it.

#370 7 years ago

I meant I got the glass that Williams did several years back that Mayfair sells. It's perfect but about $350 if I remember right.

Jason
The old glass is much better than yours with just some damage around score windows. Maybe you could stop by and pick it up one day after work. I moved off mt hope church road heading towards Burlington. You can have it no charge.

IMG_2524 (resized).JPGIMG_2524 (resized).JPG
IMG_2525 (resized).JPGIMG_2525 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#373 7 years ago

Gorgar is a great early ss game. Not to shallow not to hard. $1000 is to steep with playfield wear though. Probably looking closer to $600~$750. Have you checked the boards for battery damage, 40 pin connector replaced, and other issues? Condition is everything.

2 weeks later
#403 7 years ago
Quoted from leckylove:

Damn $699 ! Too rich for my blood. I can get another machine for that much give or take. With some thorough searching of course. I'm happy with my restored playfield

I'm on the list. I wish a BUNCH more people would would sign up already and get this done.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It might be worth it if you have a project that you got for cheap or next to nothing, but yeah, I don't think $699 is practical for a nice conditione machine that you can get for not much more.

Yes but most every playfield is shot unless you want to send yours out and it will probably cost as much as a CPR or more when you get it back.

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Can someone take a quick look for me, and tell me the connector configuration for their Gorgar GI?
thanks,
mof

What are you exactly wanting and I can help.

5 months later
#468 6 years ago

You can still get the plastic sets direct from Cpr. They are $16 cheaper on marco though. I have a set just waiting on the playfields. I also have the Mayfair backglass.

IMG_3249 (resized).PNGIMG_3249 (resized).PNG

2 months later
#479 6 years ago

No that's normal.

#482 6 years ago

I have been on the list a long time now. Every time I look it gets pushed farther down the list or another jumps in front. I won't give up yet though. I already got all my rebuild stuff and a new plastic set waiting.

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm on the fence about signing up for a CPR. My playfield has a lot of ball swirl marks on it, and a little bit of wear around one of the star inserts, but otherwise is pretty clean. I'm just thinking a nice shiny pf would be hot in that game though.

Just do it. It will be awesome. (Not because it might get made faster )

1 week later
#505 6 years ago

I think white. Your machine stays cleaner looking with white also.

4 weeks later
#519 6 years ago
Quoted from subruckus:

Has anyone added the inlane guide plastics here: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/30-496 to their Gorgar?
Seems like they would look pretty cool, though not original. I don't need the whole set, but am considering it to get those guide plastics. Might be an interesting job to install them as there's not an additional level of 'standoff' posts, or other simple way to add them.
Curious to see if anyone has these / likes them on their game.

Yes I have a set but have not installed on Gorgar yet. I am waiting on the new CPR playfield.

But... I have put them on Black Knight and Firepower. I mounted them on plastic spacers to add depth. Used screws on Firepower and acorn nuts on Black Knight.

IMG_3685 (resized).JPGIMG_3685 (resized).JPG
IMG_3688 (resized).JPGIMG_3688 (resized).JPG

IMG_3689 (resized).JPGIMG_3689 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#545 6 years ago

My pit magnet was doing the same and I changed the magnet capacitor under the playfield and adjusted the gap and everything I could think of and it seemed to help but not really. If the ball hit "regular" it would not trigger but if I held the ball on the switch for just a second or a slow hit from the pop it would.

My first post/ thread here was about the magnet.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-magnetflasher-issue#post-1210498

I had a rottendog mpu combo in it. Years later when I got another rottendog mpu for my firepower I had an issue with it and when I swapped the 2 mpu's the issue went away so it has to be a issue on my mpu. My magnet works REALLY good now and all I did was swap the board. If the ball even touches it hard soft or in between it works perfect. If either of you have a rottendog that's your problem. If I hadn't changed the mpu I would still be wondering what was wrong.

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from subruckus:

Darn, I have original boards. So looks like there's not much to do short of replacing them... Would you recommend replacing the capacitor or is that not even worth the trouble? Thanks.

Can't hurt to try. I have several more in my parts box (minimum order). Pm a address and I will stick one in a envelope.

#551 6 years ago

I didn't do anything to the switch in years and when all I did was swap boards it was instantly 1000% better. Here it is now.

3 weeks later
2 weeks later
#613 6 years ago

Your metal guides may be worn. A cliffy enhanced guide can fix that.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

Or you might be able to loosen up everything and adjust and tighten?

1 week later
#619 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Any idea when CPR will run the New playfield ??? Thanks

Been watching for a long time. Hell i'll take 2 if that hurries it up.

#621 6 years ago

At least 1 1/2 to 2 years. It keeps moving down the list too.

#627 6 years ago

Gorgar is a classic and a great game. If a 3 year old playfield listing for $1200 in the other thread gets people talking it seems a easy decision to go ahead and produce the playfield. CPR already has new plastics and with as many as were produced (14,000) and with most having worn out fields it will sell.
I think the reason it's not moving forward is people are starting to believe it will never happen and not signing up.

Look at the firepower run they did. People line up to pay big money for one. Gorgar would be the same way a couple years after the run is completed.
With CPR acting like they will do it makes any other playfield manufacturer NOT do it. If they are not going to step up I wish they would say so and then Mirco or someone else would.

#629 6 years ago

300k? I think you have a typo there.
Gor and gar lites 10k, gor and gar a second time lites 15k, gor and gar a third time lites extra ball. When you earn the extra ball it clears and goes back to nothing.
You must start over and earn it all over again.

The only adjustment that pertains to the eject hold is #32. The "easiest" is the 01 setting.

IMG_3951 (resized).PNGIMG_3951 (resized).PNG

1 week later
#652 6 years ago

Stupid question, are the bulbs good? Your 3 gor targets advance the green snake pit lights. Looks like you are just missing a bunch of star posts.

1 week later
#660 6 years ago

Peel the backing paper off. It's on all of them but it's harder to see on the ones that are not clear.

2 weeks later
#671 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I put down for 2 playfields hoping to get it done.

I did the same. One for now (?), one to maybe hurry things along. I can always sell the other in a few years.

4 months later
#711 5 years ago

I saw that but until it happens.

1 month later
#736 5 years ago
Quoted from WinstonH:

Hey folks! Just bought my first pin - it's a non-working Gorgar. On start up it has what I've been told by someone, is an error msg that means the batteries or Ram is bad. I'm a total newb with zero tech experience but my pinsider buddy and I are gonna try and figure that out this week some time. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. So Hi!
[quoted image]

Hopefully the batteries haven't taken a crap on your board. Try rapidly flipping the power switch on/off/on and see if it boots. I think the coin door needs to be open. If it does replace the batteries on the main board. You should check vids guide on system 6. Don't forget to add fuses to the rectifiers. Gorgar is a great game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-bulletproofing-williams-system-6

1 week later
#762 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Looking for new Gorgar magnet ? Did someone remake these ???
[quoted image]

Damn, nice playfield. I'll take it.

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

The Repro Gorgar backglasses Mayfair stocks are a different repro from to what other vendors are currently selling. I believe the latest repros are very good, but I haven't personally seen one.
Mayfair's repros were done around 15 plus years ago. I have one, they are absolutely true to original & beautiful, I had it side by side with a NOS Gorgar glass & it was pretty much identical. I'm also assuming (as they were made years ago) that they were done the same way as originals in terms of being an actual etched mirror as opposed to how it's done today with silver paint for the mirroring. No issue with age as these glasses were well sealed.
You would not be dissapointed with the Mayfair glass, that's for sure.

The Mayfair glasses were actually done by Williams so they are the same. So like a factory repro.

3 months later
#817 5 years ago

Nope. It's the same just looks different because of the new web site. I like the old site better.

I noticed the price says $750. Seems like it was cheaper before. Guess we've been on preorder so long the price increases. Maybe I'm wrong. Anybody remember?

#819 5 years ago

The more I think about it I'm sure the price wasn't $750. It did go up since the list started.

2 weeks later
#823 5 years ago

Oh no. I thought this was good news. I already have a Mayfair backglass and the CPR plastics waiting. Still stuck on playfield.

1 month later
#830 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I think we need to start a new club... “Waiting for Gorgar playfield Club”. I’d be a charter member for sure.

Right behind me.

1 week later
#847 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I'm looking to sell my Gorgar. Any advice on pricing is appreciated. Basically it's all working, but PF and BG are pretty bad. Cabinet is ok. On the PF, a previous owner put down full mylar on top of a dirty PF, and a lot of paint peeled off during removal. I'd say consider it a working player's game that looks pretty bad.
I have PPS Repro BG and CPR plastics, but figure I'd relatively try to recapture the price of those if the buyer wanted them. Otherwise they're not taking up much space, so I can hold on to them.

Sounds like about $500 without the new backglass and plastics. To bad the new playfields are not out yet.

4 weeks later
#877 5 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

Little help needed. Just replaced the batteries in my Gorgar and now the 1-4 targets need to be hit 2 times before they light.
I went through all the settings but I can't seem to find one for this. Anyone seen this before?
Thanks
John

Setting 34 should take care of it.

IMG_5053 (resized).PNGIMG_5053 (resized).PNG

Oh wait, do you mean to light the targets or light the star after you hit all 4 targets? If you mean to light the targets I've never seen that before.

1 month later
#890 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

(especially after the CPR playfield gets made).

4 weeks later
#897 4 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Could you post a picture of your rubber o
Above the in/out lanes, I think yours is th correct way.

That's not the way marco ring map is. It goes all the way around all 3 posts like the Williams manual shows.

IMG_5174 (resized).PNGIMG_5174 (resized).PNG
1 month later
#917 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

She's clearly sniffing his manly triceps.
*sob*
I sold my Gorgar this weekend. I'm already missing it....

1 week later
#921 4 years ago
Quoted from KPW66:

Are Gorgar lane guides red? orange? amber?
I need to replace mine and it’s hard to tell what’s the correct color as these look faded.... and orange.... but the playfield is red in that area.
Anyone know the original color?[quoted image]

They should be red.

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from revmex:

I emailed CPR inquiring about Gorgar playfield status - they emailed me back sounding like thi :lol:s will be done soon. I'm not sure what's going on.
-Rev

Sorry, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. Someone posted the same "soon" comment about a year ago. I've been on the list at least 4 years. They even had a price increase on the "preorder" page. With that said... I'm still in.

Don't mind me, sarcasm factor a little high today.

2 months later
#935 4 years ago
Quoted from MisterScappy:

I have a question regarding Gorgar's backglass. In some photos here, I see that the '1 to 4 can play' is backlit, while others are not backlit. My Gorgar has a light behind that part of the glass, but the glass itself is masked, so the phrase is not backlit. Was the backglass produced both ways, with and without a mask, or is one variant a reproduction?

Masked? Here's my "2nd run" glass from the back. I have 1 bulb and its lit.
IMG_5522 (resized).JPGIMG_5522 (resized).JPG

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
3 months later
#967 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone have news on CPR playfield? I’m seriously exhausted from the wait...

Dude, I’ve been waiting 5 years. They posted years ago they have the art just not enough “demand”.

They should at least put it on the “new process” list. I see a few firepower people have got their new process playfields.

1 week later
#981 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

They posted a week ago on Facebook that they were closing preorders and completing them under their new system. I commented asking if this was good news for Gorgar? Please see their response on Facebook...[quoted image]

Say what... it’s not April 1st yet.

1 month later
#1004 4 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Is CPR still going to follow through and make a silkscreened Gorgar playfield? Last I heard they were committed to finishing their current lists before going to 100% digital.

Years ago CPR said they had the art. Now they say they don’t.

Serial number 397377 has amber D & E’s by the way.

#1006 4 years ago

Back up peoples. Get in line. Here on Wednesday (hopefully).

92236548-3E67-4114-9AF1-661216A652D0 (resized).png92236548-3E67-4114-9AF1-661216A652D0 (resized).png
#1010 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

you are correct, Many "years ago" - back when there was an art team - one of the artists claimed he had done the art for it, then when Stu took over as the Art Director and was getting everything in order he came to find out the artist never even started the artwork.....

Good info.

After waiting a year or 2 CPR announced again in about April of 2016 they were getting close. I made sure I was on the list and hurried to get my plastic set and stencils. I even said I would take 2 playfields (not because I needed 2 but had been waiting so long just to help the numbers).

If they had just came out and said “oops, we don’t have the art” I wouldn’t have been drooling for 4 more years. They were very misleading is all I’m saying.

#1016 4 years ago

No not yet. Been sick last 2 days.

Did you get a tracking notice? I didn’t. Looks like I’ll have 14 days to work on it.

#1021 4 years ago
30AC5108-22DE-458D-AED7-1F9B6FE78AAC (resized).jpeg30AC5108-22DE-458D-AED7-1F9B6FE78AAC (resized).jpeg
11 months later
#1331 3 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Just joined the club today. Is there a way to set up Gorgar for free play ?

Adjustment 18. Set it to zero.

You might need this someday too.

https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-pinball/G/Gorgar_OPS.pdf

#1332 3 years ago

I have a stack of these original Williams stickers somewhere in all my stuff but can’t seem to find them. Friend of mine just got a Gorgar and wanted one. I haven’t seen any of them in 20 years. Here’s the picture of mine.

Any leads?
5A015A81-9B52-4F3C-B429-77D2FC42950B (resized).jpeg5A015A81-9B52-4F3C-B429-77D2FC42950B (resized).jpeg

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I have a stack of these original Williams stickers somewhere in all my stuff but can’t seem to find them. Friend of mine just got a Gorgar and wanted one. I haven’t seen any of them in 20 years. Here’s the picture of mine.
Any leads? [quoted image]

1 month later
#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Random question but how many speakers are on the bottom cabinet of gorgar? The machine im restoring has the bottom panel destroyed and I can’t tell. It looks like two but there was only one speaker in there.

One.

1 year later
#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

What can I replace the Snake Pit stand up with? My switch isn't dependable to fire the magnet.

Here’s the one you need. Take apart the new switch and duplicate the stack order like the old one. I replaced every stand up in 4 Williams games. Works perfect.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/25460-6R

Be aware, sometimes it’s not the switch it’s the board. I had a board that wouldn’t grab the ball every time and after adjusting/cleaning the switch several times it would never get better. I swapped boards for testing on another game and it would grab the ball every time no matter how soft or hard the hit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Travish.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-back-from-the-dead-and-terrifying?tu=Travish and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.