PXL_20230921_145607720 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152812628 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152819420 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230822_234604281 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128270_1138714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128316_1138723 (resized).jpg
20230716_181917 (resized).jpg
20230716_181924 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#692 6 years ago

New member of the club. Picked up on the way back from MGC. Thanks to FatPanda for what is turning out to be a great game. Already tough and as he said, once I get a fresh coat of wax on there it’s going to be brutal. Those outlanes make my TWD look very forgiving!!

5C488516-DC29-4D34-AA5B-2A23ED2E0954 (resized).jpeg5C488516-DC29-4D34-AA5B-2A23ED2E0954 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#698 5 years ago
Quoted from revmex:

So CPR needs an order of 100 to make the playfield? Anyone know what we're at?
-Rev

I've only had the game a month and can't stop playing it. Get's 10x more plays than any other game in my collection now... I suspect some of that is the newness, but I really can't see it wearing off anytime soon.

The reason I quoted the CPR question is that I also put my interest in via email to CPR (does anyone know if you are supposed to get an acknowledgement? because I didn’t). Anyway... game was clean when I set it up and didn't have to do a single thing to it (thanks FatPanda for keeping everything in top notch shape). Finally got around to doing a quick cleaning and waxing and wow does the ball zip now. Of course, slower than my newer games, but much faster for a Gorgar than it was before. I could maybe get 10-15 spins on an average spinner rip before, but now can easily get 25+ on a solid hit. I'm crediting this to a faster ball with a freshly waxed playfield since that's all I did. Didn't have my teflon lube handy, so no lube on the spinner rod... but thinking that maybe a small drop would make it even better. How many spins are people typically getting? And I can hardly even imagine how much smoother that ball will be zipping around on a brand new clear coated playfield... come on CPR!!

1 month later
#714 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

... I think we're still going to be waiting a while.

That’s what I’m afraid of too. What we need is a good restore thread by HEP or similar with a restored or NOS playfield for this title. That would push up interest and maybe more people out there would commit to a preorder? Or is there one out there already that we can all start posting to in order to generate interest.

Me love Gorgar. Gorgar need playfield.

2 months later
#794 5 years ago

My thoughts on the new backglass is that some people with blown out back glasses wait til they go to sell the machine and then feel they need to replace it in order to justify the cost they want to get out of it ($800-900 or more). So, the new owner gets all the enjoyment that you could have had for a few years anyway. Now, if you plan to sell someday with current crappy backglass, then no worries of course.

Having said that, I could probably use new backglass myself (though current one isn't that bad) and just can't seem to pull the trigger... so that's my hypocritical post for the day!! LOL. But if new playfields ever get released, you can bet I'm buying new PF and new BG immediately and making this a top tier game in my collection.

1 month later
#808 5 years ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

Hot damn that looks nice! I'm waiting on reproduction playfields to be run before I do too much to mine. Wish there was a way to know how close that list is from being filled...

Agree on all counts. That restoration looks fantastic!! And I'm also waiting on a CPR playfield to start a restoration. Love this game and it always brings me back to my childhood in the early 80's playing it at a local arcade.

3 weeks later
#811 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m dying to hear

Will buy one in a second if they are announced/released. I wonder how many “interests” they need before committing to build? Makes me want to commit to buy 2-3 just to get the one I need.

1 week later
#815 5 years ago

I was checking out the CPR Playfield website and it looks like Gorgar is in the preorder phase. Am I looking at it correctly? I thought they had previously just been gauging interest... but i sent an email with the preorder button and got an automatic reply telling me they would let me know when the time comes to pay for my order.

Is it finally here? Ok, realize the next phase still may take quite a while, but it feels closer at least.

#818 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Nope. It's the same just looks different because of the new web site. I like the old site better.
I noticed the price says $750. Seems like it was cheaper before. Guess we've been on preorder so long the price increases. Maybe I'm wrong. Anybody remember?

Thanks for clarifying that. Memory wasn't the best I'm sure, but I didn't realize it was at pre-order status before. And you're right... old site was a bit easier to navigate and figure out.

2 weeks later
#822 5 years ago

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/gorgarplastics/

Gorgar plastics now out of mothballs on the CPR website. As far as I could tell, these haven't been in stock at any of the usual suppliers for quite some time. Now just need to get that playfield into production and we will be all set!!

1 month later
#829 5 years ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

I keep waiting until my eventual playfield swap before I switch mine. Guess I'll keep waiting >.>

I think we need to start a new club... “Waiting for Gorgar playfield Club”. I’d be a charter member for sure.

#831 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Right behind me.

I think we’d have lots of company. Unfortunately not enough to get CPR to move this to actual production yet.

1 week later
#849 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Sounds like about $500 without the new backglass and plastics. To bad the new playfields are not out yet.

Hard to say what the market will support, but i suspect it will sell fairly quickly if listed at $500. Probably leaving money on the table, but descriptions aren’t as good as photos so it’s hard to say for sure and if truly as bad as you are saying, then $500 might be fair. I paid almost double that for one in decent shape... but not a great one. “Pretty bad” means different things to different people. I want to replace my PF and BG as soon as they have a CPR playfield out... but that doesn’t mean it’s bad, just not as perfect as I’d like.

Post some pics maybe?

#855 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Thanks for the feedback. It's kind of in an unassembled state. I'll probably have to get it back together before I can sell, and I'll follow up with some pics for feedback here.
Seriously, if I don't have to do much work to sell it, and someone who will actually enjoy the game rather than flipping it wants it and thinks $500 might be a good price, and can pick it up in person, let me know.

Yeah, didn't realize it was disassembled and not playable. That affects value greatly of course. Sorry if I missed that earlier.

3 weeks later
#871 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Anyone have any suggestions on the right pitch when leveling this game. I can’t seem to get in a good place.

Pretty happy with mine at 6.5 using the PinGuy just above the flippers between the slings.

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from revmex:

I thought I'd post an email for an update I received from CPR regarding Gorgar playfield:
(In short)
>>>"How far along
>>> is the gorgar playfield in getting made? "
"Yes, this is a playfield that's been in our wheelhouse for a while. It
is a 2019 playfield for CPR. Will be done (full production silkscreened
run, not one-offs) before the balance of the year is up.
We have the full painstakingly re-vectored art package from Stu (over
200 hours to complete) and have been collecting names for over 2 years.
We DID reach 100 promised preorder people, finally, in November 2018.
Plus the waiting/standby list has been filling since. So the playfield
is a go for the typical CPR treatment.
The only thing standing in its way are several other runs ahead of it,
all of which are 100+ in size.
To expedite things for those who are antsy, we may do an optional
digital print version (small batch) that comes out sooner - like the
next 2-4 months. But 95% of people prefer silkscreened anyway.
- Kevin"
I can't wait and look forward to this!
-rev

Sweet! Will most likely wait for the silkscreened version. Though would be interesting to hear reviews of the digital printed version as it comes out.

1 month later
#889 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Picked up a reproduction mirrored back glass from Planetary Pinball! Looks so good!
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Definitely need one of those for mine (especially after the CPR playfield gets made). But, ouch... $50 for shipping? I guess Amazon has spoiled me with great shipping rates.

EDIT: found that Marco has shipping approx $10. Much better!!

2 months later
#902 4 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

I emailed CPR to be on preorder list for Gorgar playfield back in 2017 and never received any conformation and wasn't contacted in 2018 either. Should I be concerned? I absolutely need on of these.

I've been on the list for quite some time as well... from the sounds of it they never respond to let you know you're on the preorder interest list. I would have thought it would make it to production by now, but I know they've been busy with getting up their digital printing method. Hoping we hear something in the next six months at least. I would urge any club members to get on the list if you haven't already... there are a lot of these pins out there in need of a playfield swap or full restore!!

5 months later
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

After considering everyone's advice, I'm gonna offer the guy $800. If he takes it, then I guess I've got a drive ahead of me this weekend. If not, then I'll wait it out and keep searching. Because while I like Gorgar, its not completely my ideal pin, and I don't think it will be a big hit with my wife and daughter. And I really do want to get pins that they will like too. I don't want my pinball hobby to just be a man-thing! Thanks to everyone for your input. We'll see how it goes!

Added 9 days ago: FOLLOWUP: Crickets from the seller since I offered him $800 . I was friendly and polite with my offer, and I told him no hard feelings either way, so a simple "No Thanks" would have been nice.

Added 6 days ago: FOLLOWUP2: Just a quick update: Guess I won't in the Gorgar club! Seller took down the Gorgar ad, so he musta sold it. Probably to someone a little closer I hope. Now I've got a line on a players Dr. Dude for $1500. A fun sys11 and a little more family friendly. And it looks like I'll only have to drive 3.5 hrs to get it instead of 4, so win win. Still not locked in yet, but I'm hopeful.

Sending low offers for pins you aren’t even sure you want seems like a quick way to send a message to sellers that you aren’t serious. Based on what I saw on those pics, I’d buy 5 Gorgars at $800 and resell all of them for a few hundred more. Even at the cost of a new backglass, you’d have a great pin at a steal.

But, of course, this is the club thread so I guess you’d expect owners to say this.

1 month later
#976 4 years ago

They posted a week ago on Facebook that they were closing preorders and completing them under their new system. I commented asking if this was good news for Gorgar? Please see their response on Facebook...

63B347CE-D737-497E-BC01-35C4016DBCC9.jpeg63B347CE-D737-497E-BC01-35C4016DBCC9.jpeg
#980 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

I thought they had said the art had been done for a long time.

I thought I read that somewhere as well... but can’t recall where.

1 month later
#996 4 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Wonder if I’ll get a email soon I’m sure I was on the list. Has anyone got a email from them yet?

Are you sure you're not thinking of CPR? I don't think Mirco takes a list... but I might be wrong.

I was going to ask if anyone can vouch for the quality of the Mirco playfield?. I've only bought a couple from CPR in the past and have been pretty pleased.

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

Wowwwwww.
I wonder what this is going to do to the value of the current Gorgars out there. I am just about finished with my restoration of my original, which required a lot of touch up and clear coating. I got the machine for $1000 with Pinscore displays and solid bulletproofed boards. When people get these beat up machines (a lot of Gorgars are very rough with either paint wear or bad insert cupping - almost every Gorgar I've ever seen has had cupping).. at a "base price" of $1k, a playfield at $800 ... I think we're going to be seeing the days of $2K+ machines ... which might have an effect on the 1K machines now that it's "restorable" with a playfield swap.
And I really don't care about the value so much, have no idea where to price a fully upgraded original cleared cabinet redone bullet proofed pinscore new flipper mech + new lots of other crap machine. Despite the gross amount of work I've put into this, I'm glad I was able to save an original. It's a fantastic game. But with the repro playfield out now, I think mine's "value" has dropped a bit. Demand probably drops too. I dunno. Should be interesting. Crazy market.

I learned a long time ago that the money you put into a restoration rarely comes back to you when/if you go to sell the unit. I'd say do it only if you want to keep the game for a while or are willing to take a loss on your investment and especially the cost of your time. Not directed at you... just general statement for those considering a restore.

1 year later
#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I put a “pyramid” speaker in mine. »

This lists as a 4ohm speaker on Amazon.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Just get this speaker. I installed it and sounds great.

This lists as an 8ohm speaker on Amazon.

Anyone know what the original is?

4 weeks later
#1375 2 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Some pictures of the start of my gorgar topper Bobble head.
A few things left to print and more paint.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks awesome. I really like the 3rd pic where it looks like he’s reaching for you. Seems more menacing than the other pic that makes me think of that party song “I put my hands in the air like I just don’t care”. Ha. Either way will be a cool topper. Let me know if make more than 1 and want to sell…

2 weeks later
#1379 2 years ago

Are there any leads on another company making replacement MPU boards since rottendogs are no longer available?

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from Hyperion:

Original [quoted image]

Thanks… I was hoping to find the rottendog to replace both boards as I’ve had problems with the 40 pin connector and not exactly sure which board it is. But I also don’t know much about the replacement board, so maybe I need to just have mine gone through.

#1385 2 years ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

I had to buy one at Christmas time, I found my at pinballpcb. I bought a new mpu and driver board combo. I hope that helps.

Very helpful… unfortunately it appears they are not in stock and not taking new orders. But hopefully that will change at some point in the future.

5 months later
#1426 2 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

I have a Gorgar that is driving my nuts. Everything works but the right flipper. We have tested the coils, they are fine. We have traced the wires for continuity all the way back to the back box, they are fine. We have tested the flipper switches and continuity from them and they are fine.
The PCB and Drive board are brand new from PinballPCB.
Anyone other ideas on what would make the right flipper not fire?
Thanks

Did you talk to them at pinballpcb yet? I had issues with my flippers on the new board they supplied. Different problem… mine would flip ALL THE TIME… even after tilt or when a game wasn’t even started. Never seen such a thing. Sent board back and they replaced it (or fixed it, not sure which). Works perfect now. Wish it had better QC leaving their shop, but in the end they provided excellent customer service.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-back-from-the-dead-and-terrifying?tu=Pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.