PXL_20230921_145607720 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152812628 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152819420 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230822_234604281 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128270_1138714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128316_1138723 (resized).jpg
20230716_181917 (resized).jpg
20230716_181924 (resized).jpg
There are 1,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 36.
#151 9 years ago

Gorgar speaks

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from ChopsHason:

Sorry for posting on an old thread but I picked up my first pinball machine, Gorgar, on july 7! I love this thing! Pretty rough but still playable.

image.jpg 145 KB

image-554.jpg 198 KB

Gorgar needs speed. Wax the playfield, clean and lube (very very lightly) the spinner, rebuild those flippers for max punch, set the incline high. Tons 'o fun.

I have one for sale. It's too nice to put my NoS, HEP restored playfield in, so I'm holding out for a beater down the road.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A4GqkRUiGqcjid

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I have one for sale

Just curious what are you asking for it?

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

Just curious what are you asking for it?

Sorry, should have mentioned... priced to sell @ $1,300.

3 weeks later
#155 9 years ago

Just got my gorgar this July it's my second machine. Me love Gorgar !!! A little rough but with a little tlc. It will be awesome!image-814.jpgimage-814.jpgimage-814.jpgimage-814.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#156 9 years ago

Whoops two to many gorgarsimage.jpgimage.jpg

2 weeks later
#157 9 years ago

For whats its worth, fitted some super bands to Gorgar pretty impressed with the result, only had some short game time & noticed straight away more power off the bats, has std flipper mechs

1 week later
#158 9 years ago

Hello! The rivets for my #2 stand up target have broken. after trying a million different screws I'm at a loss. Should it be a wood screw, machine screw with a nut, anyone else fixed one of these? And if so a size of the screw... Thanks.....GORGAR!!!!

#159 9 years ago

Take a pic of the piece and the rivet. It could be a 6/32 screw size which could you can get in a machine screw with the nut also. A pic is the best thing first.

#160 9 years ago

I would image they are the same for everyone. It's the #2 stand up target on the right side of the PF. Here are some pics. It's the far left one. Also some pics of the rivet which you can see is filled so I'll need to use a screw. Thoughts? I figure I can use a screw, nut, and washer but I think that might be overlkill.
4.png4.png3.png3.png2.png2.png1.png1.png

#161 9 years ago

That can be replaced with a 6/32 screw and nut. It should be the right gauge and is easily found at home depot. If you have a screw cutter you can cut the screw down to the exact size you need. They have many length screws available though. Good luck.
Chris

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from leckylove:

That can be replaced with a 6/32 screw and nut.

Thanks very much!!!! I appreciate it!

#163 9 years ago

Any luck?

#164 9 years ago

I haven't been to the hardware store yet. I had a little party over the weekend so I spent much of my time cleaning the house (well the machines, ha) in preparation or that. Then just been working the ol day job. I should have time tomorrow to get the stuff I need. I have an LED kit coming in for Gorgar today and I am anxious to get those in so m y hope is Friday. I'll let you know. Thanks again for your help and checking in.

#165 9 years ago

Worked!!! It was a bit of a tight fit, but that's a good thing. Thanks for your help.

My next issue is that I put in LEDs this weekend, I know the single LEDs don't work in the pop bumpers but I was having some trouble in the backbox. It's weird because some of them work and then the socket next to it won't work.

Any clues why that us happening? For instance, I have green LEDs in about half of the sockets for the GORGAR portion of the backglass. But the other half only work with regular bulbs for 4 SMD bulbs. Any solution outside of putting all 4 SMDs in there? I really like the look of the frosted single LED in the backbox.

#166 9 years ago

Sounds like a bad socket I have single frosted in all the back box sockets even the controlled ones. Just remember if you use led flashers in the pit they will stay on and you have to snip out the warming resistor then they will flash. I was able use single frosted in my pops as well ... Weird
image-635.jpgimage-635.jpg

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from leckylove:

I was able use single frosted in my pops as well ... Weird

That is odd. Single bulbs don't work in any of my machine save ONE socket in Time Warp. Really odd. But outside of the expense I kinda like having super bright bumpers. I am going to try to clean the sockets out and maybe do a little work. In the end they may just need replaced.

#168 9 years ago

Just got my project Gorgar last night.

It boots, but isn't playable due to one of the tilt switches constantly registering. I unplugged the switch connectors and even removed the switch detection PIA and the game still registers some switches in the switch test mode...

Any help is appreciated. I've got a general troubleshooting thread set up for my project.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-gorgar-troubleshooting#post-1918376

#169 9 years ago

I am far from an expert at this but I am an electrician by trade and most phantom problems usually stem from the boards. If the molex connectors are clean and not burnt the pins off the board and the 40 pin connecting the two boards need to be redone or reflow solder as everyone says. Vid1900 has a thread for bulletproofing system 6 boards ( really awesome ). I haven't bit the bullet myself but I am gonna have to do it eventually because I have to many intermittent problems. I'm a little nervous but I know it is worth the effort. The other problem with the led lamps could be the brand you bought I bought pinball life. People say coin taker are the best but I had no issues with mine and they were cheaper. If you have a hard time finding vids thread I can probably forward it.
Good luck
Chris

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from leckylove:

If you have a hard time finding vids thread I can probably forward it.

I read it daily:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-bulletproofing-williams-system-6

#171 9 years ago

It's like the holy grail ,the pinball bible and vid is the pope of pinball! Haha if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't tackle half of the things I've done.

#172 9 years ago

Gorgar rules. I still play mine the most even with a couple of dmds besides it.
One question though: why are the 1-2-3-4's flashing if hit a second time and the sequence is not complete?

1 week later
#173 9 years ago

Next on the agenda is replacing the speaker with a sub woofer and mid range speaker. I think I'll do what a lot of people are doing which is put the woofer in the bottom of the cab and a mid range in the neck.

I have everything laid out pretty well but have a few questions. From what I've read (and seen in the cab) I need an 8 ohm speaker. Now I have seen some people with two 8 ohm speakers and some people with two 4 ohm. I guess in one you wire in parallel and one you wire in series. Which goes with which and what is the advantage?

I think I will put an L-pad ( http://www.amazon.com/Steren-820-400-L-Pad-8-Ohms-Adaptors/dp/B00HIYCFQI/ref=sr_1_1 ) on so I can adjust the neck volume independently but again how do I wire that in?

As for speakers I looked at a few different options:

http://www.amazon.com/PLX4102-4-Inch-10-Inch-Two-Way-Speakers/dp/B0002BEP2G/ref=wl_it_dp_o_nC

http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-WH68-6-Inch-Power-Subwoofer/dp/B000CQIR7A/ref=sr_1_4

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PL463BL-4-Inch-240-Watt-Speakers/dp/B00026BMBI/ref=pd_sim_e_2

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PL42BL-180-Watt-Two-Way-Speakers/dp/B000230LBI/ref=sr_1_3

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-A1072R-4-Inch-150-Watt-Speakers/dp/B000LYABHW/ref=sr_1_23

#174 9 years ago

Bump. Anyone have a thought?

3 weeks later
#175 9 years ago

Looking for help with a problem with the ball hitting the glass when it comes out of the kickout hole. Doesnt happen all the time. The coil is the correct size.

#176 9 years ago

It should probably be mentioned here that Rick at Planetary Pinball is gauging interest in new backglasses for Gorgar

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac666:

Looking for help with a problem with the ball hitting the glass when it comes out of the kickout hole. Doesnt happen all the time. The coil is the correct size.

my game does the same thing. I've asked before also and it seems like a lot of people have the same issue. I haven't had much time to mess with it but I'm wondering about trying to adjust the angle of the armature that hits the ball out. Or a stronger spring.

Brian

1 week later
#178 9 years ago

What is wrong with my Gorgar!? I sent all the boards to be rebuilt. when I got them back the hole kicker was locking on when I turned it on. SO I replaced the sol. NOW the stand up targets (both sets) AND the hole kicker is locking on......

It seems to be spreading. First it was the kick out, now the stand up targets are locking on. Why is it regressing??

1 week later
#179 9 years ago

Anyone have a thought on my speaker question. Not sure what resistance to do if I am going to do a sub woofer and a mid range speaker. Might just do the mid range replacement.

Next on the agenda is replacing the speaker with a sub woofer and mid range speaker. I think I'll do what a lot of people are doing which is put the woofer in the bottom of the cab and a mid range in the neck.

I have everything laid out pretty well but have a few questions. From what I've read (and seen in the cab) I need an 8 ohm speaker. Now I have seen some people with two 8 ohm speakers and some people with two 4 ohm. I guess in one you wire in parallel and one you wire in series. Which goes with which and what is the advantage?

I think I will put an L-pad

#180 9 years ago

Got an eye on one, just need to get home!

1 month later
#181 9 years ago

NCM_0043.JPGNCM_0043.JPG

Just another GORGAR fan. Thought you might want to know that Arcadeskins.com have new skins for GORGAR.Mine turned out great. 40 bucks.

#182 9 years ago

NCM_0048.JPGNCM_0048.JPG

#183 9 years ago

NCM_0047.JPGNCM_0047.JPG

#184 9 years ago

Where can you pick up some of those red flippers?

2 weeks later
#185 9 years ago

Didn't know there were two designs on the apron wrappers. Here's mine:
179676-i.jpg179676-i.jpg

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

Didn't know there were two designs on the apron wrappers. Here's mine:

179676-i.jpg 56 KB

I'm guessing the one you have wasn't licensed and they had to stop selling it since it has a reproduction of Gorgar from the PF and the overall Gorgar logo.

#187 9 years ago

Cool, so I have a Gorgar LE (License Encroached).

1 month later
#190 9 years ago

Me beat you! You beat Gorgar!

#191 9 years ago

Gorgar rules!
DSCN3458.JPGDSCN3458.JPG

#192 9 years ago

O-din, what the heck are the rules on this thing?
I was messing around with the glass off -- and I got an arrow to float around between 1-2-3-4 targets.
-mof

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

O-din, what the heck are the rules on this thing?

Ask Bob. He is the guy who was taking notes.

#194 9 years ago

What do you think the story is on this game?

I can think of a few scenarios:

The guy has nefarious intentions: Guy is pretending to bring the girl on a date, takes her to Gorgar's cave to sacrifice her for ultimate power. Gorgar agrees to the sacrifice, contingent on the guy's ability to beat him in a fight. Guy wins, Gorgar takes girl's soul, guy gets the power he wanted.

The guy has good intentions: Gorgar stole girl from the local barbarian settlement. Guy wants to get her back, fights Gorgar, saves girl.

The guy has desperate intentions: Girl has died. Guy takes her body to Gorgar in a plea for bringing her back to life. Gorgar agrees, contingent on guy's ability to beat him in a fight. If guy loses, Gorgar gets guy's soul. If guy wins, girl comes back to life and they leave.

#195 9 years ago

Where can I find the list of controls so I can set special to free ball?
I have a printed original owner's manual which appears to be 99% schematic.
-mof

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ask Bob. He is the guy who was taking notes.

Who's Bob?

So, with the glass off, I figured there's some deal with hitting 1-2-3-4 in order towards getting the flashing special arrow light.

o-din when you have the rules figured out let us know.

-mof

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Who's Bob?
So, with the glass off, I figured there's some deal with hitting 1-2-3-4 in order towards getting the flashing special arrow light.
o-din when you have the rules figured out let us know.
-mof

I think if you get the 1-2-3-4 out two or three times, ( it advances the stars) the arrow will light up and move around the targets, once hit it awards a special, either extra ball or game.
You beat me Me hurt !

Download this http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1062/Williams_1979_Gorgar_Instruction_Booklet.pdf

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

What do you think the story is on this game?

If you look closely, there's a "dead" gorgar off screen on left. How the HECK did these warrior guys kill a Gorgar?

-mof

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Who's Bob?

He is the guy I was playing Gorgar with last night. The rules are on the apron card.

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

How the HECK did these warrior guys kill a Gorgar?

Ah, so you see it as multiple guys and not just one guy portrayed multiple times? That could change up the story.

Maybe the girl is the prize for defeating Gorgar and the guys flock to his cave so they can finally get the armpit-sniffing woman of their dreams.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-back-from-the-dead-and-terrifying/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.