PXL_20231013_152812628 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152819420 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230822_234604281 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128270_1138714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128316_1138723 (resized).jpg
20230716_181917 (resized).jpg
20230716_181924 (resized).jpg
20230716_181914 (resized).jpg

There are 1,790 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 36.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from cwg29:

Oh no, I just figured out where some of the confusion is coming from. When I search for Pyramid 8 ohm speaker on Amazon.com it shows the 4 ohm speaker. And on top of that it's not very clear what resistance it is. I apologize. My BK and Space Shuttle are 4 ohm. Gorgar and my Buck Rogers are 8 ohm. So here's new link:
&tag=pinsidecom05-20" rel=norewrite target=_blank>amazon.com link »
I'll edit the other post. Again my apologies. If you were to use the 4 ohm speaker a 4 ohm resistor would have to be added to either terminal or two 2 ohm resistors on either side, just as long as the amp sees 8 ohms worth of resistive load.
Speaker_8ohm.jpg 556 KB

I had to bring up this thread because I purchased the Pyramid 8 Ohm mentioned and it is awesome. I saved me some $$$ which is always a good thing too.

-Rev

#102 10 years ago

Gorgar's portrait. Not one of my best, but done in good fun! I gave him wings based on the Boris Vallego version that predates the Constantino Mitchell machine version.

Gorgar_Rescue_e.jpgGorgar_Rescue_e.jpg

#103 10 years ago

I got nice Gorgar! Me love!

gorgar1.jpggorgar1.jpg gorgar2.jpggorgar2.jpg
#104 10 years ago

Gorgar saves Santa! Gorgar says, "Christmassss!" and sends good tidings. Merry Christmas everybody!

Gorgar_Rescue_Santa_s.jpgGorgar_Rescue_Santa_s.jpg

#105 10 years ago

I won GORGAR in a raffle yesterday. It is in nice shape with LED installed. I just wanted to introduce myself to the GORGAR owners club since I am your newest member.

#106 10 years ago

super nice score - welcome to the club

#107 10 years ago

I just purchased a Gorgar and the lower playfield is really worn. Anyone know where I can get a decent playfield, or new overlay. I would also be up for a playfield scan and I can try and make my own overlay.

Thanks

3 weeks later
#108 10 years ago

Knock, knock can i join, double pin day today, this beast took the long boat ride ride from the US, thanks KW will catch up with you soon

gor.jpggor.jpg
PA280092.JPGPA280092.JPG
PA280093.JPGPA280093.JPG
PA280094.JPGPA280094.JPG
PA280096.JPGPA280096.JPG
PA280097.JPGPA280097.JPG
PA280098.JPGPA280098.JPG

#109 10 years ago

Got this about 2 weeks back. It's a little rough around the edges but plays really well. I've always loved Gorgar so I couldn't help but grab it when it was offered to me. It was only a month ago I only had one machine (BOP), now I have 2! A slippery slope this hobby...

BdtA-__CYAEgLEN (1).jpgBdtA-__CYAEgLEN (1).jpg

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Knock, knock can i join, double pin day today, this beast took the long boat ride ride from the US, thanks KW will catch up with you soon

That's a good looking cabinet. Good luck with it

#111 10 years ago

yer thanks, that little PF wear bugs me tho

#112 10 years ago

Installed/applied an apron skin (from http://arcadeskin.com/) and it's looking nice:

gorgar1.jpggorgar1.jpg
gorgar2.jpggorgar2.jpg

#113 10 years ago

Lookin good! Ed

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

Installed/applied an apron skin (from http://arcadeskin.com/) and it's looking nice:

gorgar1.jpg 40 KB

gorgar2.jpg 56 KB

That does look really good. Too bad we can't order them any more.

#115 10 years ago

I got lucky, it came as a bonus with my machine. It looked like it had been rolled up all along and was peeling off the label so I was afraid it wouldn't work but it stuck (and re-stuck during adjustments) well.

#116 10 years ago

I wanted to ask you guys if the ball hits your glass when it comes out of the kick out hole. Mine does every time and I've tried to make adjustments to the deflector but it didn't help much?
Any ideas?

Brian

#117 10 years ago

I don't have that issue (or tried to adjust a kick-out before) so not completely sure. Sounds like its either coming out straight up or with a lot of pressure for a shot so close to the flippers (I know mine seems to come out slow). Any chance the solenoid has been replaced with one that's too strong for the kick-out?

Hopefully someone who's worked with this will jump in.

#118 10 years ago

I have a question to members of the Gorgar club, my buddy has one for about 18 months now worked fine until last week. I get a phone call from him telling me that the magnet in the snake pit and the GOR drop targets are not working.

I have to go to his house and help him troubleshoot his pin , any advice on what to look for?

thanks
Mike

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

I don't have that issue (or tried to adjust a kick-out before) so not completely sure. Sounds like its either coming out straight up or with a lot of pressure for a shot so close to the flippers (I know mine seems to come out slow). Any chance the solenoid has been replaced with one that's too strong for the kick-out?
Hopefully someone who's worked with this will jump in.

Thanks for the reply Gtown. It's coming out of the hole like a grand slam Hit. I will have to check if it is indeed the right coil. Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure why I wasn't first thinking that.

Brian

1 week later
#120 10 years ago

Incase everyone didn't see, Jeff at Classic Arcade has released repro pop bumper caps for GORGAR! I have been waiting for this set, along with the space shuttle caps, to be release for years now! I just ordered a set for Gorgar and space shuttle. I am looking forward to finally having a FULL set do caps (on both machines, but Gorgar specifically, as space shuttle hides the majority of the cap) that are ALL bright white...rather than one bright white cap, one off white cp, and one cap with a yellow tint....lol.
I ordered mine via eBay, but I believe Jeff has a website too, he also does many of the conventions, either way, grab a set and give Gorgar some well deserved pop-bumper-cap-love! Lol.
I got a set of space invader caps from Jeff a while back and they are awesome!
FYI-Jeff is a great guy and a huge asset to the pinball community! What he is doing with caps is awesome, especially for games with game specific bumper cap artwork, like Gorgar, space shuttle, and space invaders!

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Incase everyone didn't see, Jeff at Classic Arcade has released repro pop bumper caps for GORGAR!

Thanks for sharing ... just grabbed a set.

#122 10 years ago

Giving Gorgar a clean, stripped him down
image-933.jpgimage-933.jpg

#123 10 years ago

The Gorgar bumper caps came today; they look amazing! Treat yourself, and your Gorgar, to a set, you won't be disappointed!

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

I wanted to ask you guys if the ball hits your glass when it comes out of the kick out hole. Mine does every time and I've tried to make adjustments to the deflector but it didn't help much?
Any ideas?
Brian

about 1 out of 3 times maybe- im not concerned about it to be hounest-

#125 10 years ago

took some pics of the kick hole if you need to compare, mine seems to work ok

gor1.JPGgor1.JPG
gor2.JPGgor2.JPG

#126 10 years ago

Thanks for the pictures skywalker!

Brian

#127 10 years ago

My Gorgar is sadly a beat to crap shell of what it once was, water swell damage on the lamp backboard, worn playfield, warped plastics. I use it for board repair play verification before I send back customer boards. It's a nice rig for testing, I wish I had a nicer game, but oh well, it is what it is.

Chris

#128 10 years ago

enjoyed putting this together, Novus1,2 & 2 licks of Carnauba wax, had to touch up some PF wear may re do that bit again

SAM_0049.JPGSAM_0049.JPG
SAM_0050.JPGSAM_0050.JPG
SAM_0051.JPGSAM_0051.JPG
SAM_0054.JPGSAM_0054.JPG
SAM_0052.JPGSAM_0052.JPG

#129 10 years ago

What do you guys set the pitch degrees at for gorgar, no info in the factory manual stated

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

What do you guys set the pitch degrees at for gorgar, no info in the factory manual stated

Good question ... I think I'm at 6 degrees, but don't quote me on that. Need to go play my Gorgar now....

#131 10 years ago

I'm at 6.5 degrees. Make sure your flippers are strong if you go this steep. Plays fast!

#132 10 years ago

Ohhhhh, I'm in a members only!!!! I have a few tiny issues and when I wake up this thread will be read. Picked up my Gorgar last month.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

I'm at 6.5 degrees. Make sure your flippers are strong if you go this steep. Plays fast!

Not sure about degrees, but my front legs are screwed all the way in and the back legs all the way out. It plays great. Flippers are rebuilt, which is a must because gorgars factory flippers are pretty lame. Ed

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Not sure about degrees, but my front legs are screwed all the way in and the back legs all the way out. It plays great. Flippers are rebuilt, which is a must because gorgars factory flippers are pretty lame. Ed

Measure the incline, then try a shallower setting. As with any pin the higher the incline the less side-to-side action and outline challenges. While it sounds nice to have the ball move faster vertically and not to risk outlane drains, it makes the game more challenging, IMHO.

Brian

#136 10 years ago

Being a man who prefers the Darkside of the force I had to have Gorgar in my collection. He's staring at me right now and I love it. Great game.

DSC00627.JPGDSC00627.JPG
DSC00632.JPGDSC00632.JPG
DSC00633.JPGDSC00633.JPG
DSC00634.JPGDSC00634.JPG
DSC00635.JPGDSC00635.JPG
DSC00636.JPGDSC00636.JPG
DSC00637.JPGDSC00637.JPG
DSC00638.JPGDSC00638.JPG

#137 10 years ago

Gorgar and Medusa make a cute couple.

#138 10 years ago

Yes, nice set!

2 weeks later
#139 10 years ago

A couple of Gorgar questions. 1. When you set Gorgar up on free play, do you loose the knocker when you get a credit? and 2. On my right flipper, the ball doesnt transition smoothly from the stainless steel guide. The ball hits the flipper and bounces , making it tough to get off a good shot from that side. Is that on purpose, or is adjustment needed?

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

A couple of Gorgar questions. 1. When you set Gorgar up on free play, do you loose the knocker when you get a credit? and 2. On my right flipper, the ball doesnt transition smoothly from the stainless steel guide. The ball hits the flipper and bounces , making it tough to get off a good shot from that side. Is that on purpose, or is adjustment needed?

Yeah I miss my knocker when I get and extra ball awarded too. wish there was a way to get the knocker to fire, but no
luck here. The ball should transition down the guide smoothly, try adjusting your guide first. could also be your flipper bushing has major wear

#141 10 years ago

Anyone wanna sell a Gorgar?? I'd love to be a part of the Gorgar club!

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Yeah I miss my knocker when I get and extra ball awarded too. wish there was a way to get the knocker to fire, but no
luck here. The ball should transition down the guide smoothly, try adjusting your guide first. could also be your flipper bushing has major wear

Thanks!

Now on that flipper issue, I will be needing to dig into that a little more. I just had a new flipper rebuild kit put in this rig at the shop, so has a new bushing. Hopefully I can adjust the guide to eliminate that bounce.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from Sammyboy93:

Go get one Sammy!

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from Sammyboy93:

I'm selling mine in C.N.J. but shipping to CO. would kill it

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Go get one Sammy!

I will it's on my very short list of games I can afford!

Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:I'm selling mine in C.N.J. but shipping to CO. would kill it

Yeah that'd be bad!

#146 10 years ago

There was no real way to adjust the guide much, but I did get it moved just a little and took out most of the bounce. A major improvement. The only way I could get it perfect would be like to fill the wood screw holes with epoxy and re-drill them in the right spots. It appears that the piece was not quite installed properly from day 1. Thanks again 80spit

#147 10 years ago

Great news. Gorgar Flipper return frames are now available from Cliffy !
I worked with him to make some for Barracora, and they are an exact match for Gorgar as well.
I have installed them, and adjusted my flipper assemblies, and now the ball return is lightning fast and smooth for L and R flippers -- helps it to play like new! (I personally HATE flipper bounce...)
Just email him crinear a t comcast d 0 t net and he'll take care of ya.
-mof

1 month later
#148 9 years ago

Hey Gorgar heads, trying to find out some info on what size mini post rubbers 3/8 or 7/16 in/out lane bump posts, can't seem to find a rubber chart on the net & no info in the manual

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Being a man who prefers the Darkside of the force I had to have Gorgar in my collection. He's staring at me right now and I love it. Great game.

Judging by your decor, it looks like Gorgar is right at home!

My wife and I must have similar taste as you, as Gorgar was our first pin, and he also fit right in at our place. Gorgar is the one that started us down the road of home pinball! I had always wanted a pinball game, but never really got the green light (granted, I also never really pushed), that is, until, my wife came down one morning as I was playing Gorgar on the wii ....and she said "if you can find that game, we can get a pinball machine" !
Needless to say, I found one that day and we had our Gorgar in our home that very same weekend..,.oh, and a cyclone was added too...lol. While buying the Gorgar, we saw and played a Cyclone and fell in love with it .... So we wound up with two pinball machines...all thanks to seeing/playing Gorgar on the Wii! We now have 7 pins in our lineup and 2 pins in my workshop as projects, and I always credit Gorgar for getting us in to it all!!!!

3 months later
#150 9 years ago

Sorry for posting on an old thread but I picked up my first pinball machine, Gorgar, on july 7! I love this thing! Pretty rough but still playable.

image-554.jpgimage-554.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
There are 1,790 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-back-from-the-dead-and-terrifying/page/3?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.