PXL_20230921_145607720 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152812628 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152819420 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230822_234604281 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128270_1138714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128316_1138723 (resized).jpg
20230716_181917 (resized).jpg
20230716_181924 (resized).jpg
There are 1,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 36.
#1601 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

What can I replace the Snake Pit stand up with? My switch isn't dependable to fire the magnet.

yeah, mine's kinda goofy too. Would like to update it to something a bit more reliable.

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

On my Gorgar, the grounding cable that goes from the backbox wing to under the playfield has come loose from the under playfield location and is just sitting on the cabinet bottom. Can someone describe for me precisely where the cable should be attached under the cabinet?

My ground cable from the backbox is mounted to the left side of the cabinet. Its under the wood rail that holds the playfield up. I hope this helps. Let me know if you what a photo.

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

What can I replace the Snake Pit stand up with? My switch isn't dependable to fire the magnet.

Here’s the one you need. Take apart the new switch and duplicate the stack order like the old one. I replaced every stand up in 4 Williams games. Works perfect.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/25460-6R

Be aware, sometimes it’s not the switch it’s the board. I had a board that wouldn’t grab the ball every time and after adjusting/cleaning the switch several times it would never get better. I swapped boards for testing on another game and it would grab the ball every time no matter how soft or hard the hit.

#1604 1 year ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

My ground cable from the backbox is mounted to the left side of the cabinet. Its under the wood rail that holds the playfield up. I hope this helps. Let me know if you what a photo.

Thanks. Turns out I needed a new ground cable as the one in my game was worn and torn. Received the new one today and installed it into my Gorgar basically stapling the cable to the already existing ground cabling on the left side of the cabinet. Now the game reboots, but I can't get the diagnostics to work and starting a game or pressing the diagnostic button leads to score displays and insert feature lights blanking out. I have seen similar issues occurring in other posts in this thread, and I will see if I can figure out the problem. The lockout coil is erratic, staying engaged sometimes when I turn the game on and trying but failing to stay engaged others. However, the blanking displays and feature lights issue occurs whether the lock out coil stays engaged or not. Still, I will start with resoldering the lockout coil connections and related coin door switch to see if that is a possible cause. Game was 100% working for at least six months then, all of a sudden, Gorgar took over with his evil tricks.

1 week later
#1605 1 year ago

Hello cult of Gorgar. I’m looking for a solution to an issue I’m having with mine. One of the displays has peeled away from the back box and is scratching my back glass. I removed the old double sided tape and replaced it with some foam double sided tape I found on Amazon. It doesn’t seem to be sticking well enough though. Anyone know what I can use so it’ll stay put?
Thanks

#1606 1 year ago

#1607 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Hello cult of Gorgar. I’m looking for a solution to an issue I’m having with mine. One of the displays has peeled away from the back box and is scratching my back glass. I removed the old double sided tape and replaced it with some foam double sided tape I found on Amazon. It doesn’t seem to be sticking well enough though. Anyone know what I can use so it’ll stay put?
Thanks

A Small amount of gorilla glue works good. Clamp firmly but gently to dry.

3 weeks later
#1608 1 year ago

Grabbed a good Halloween mask

20221015_165542 - Copy (resized).jpg20221015_165542 - Copy (resized).jpg
#1609 1 year ago
Quoted from SYS6:

[quoted image]

Where did you find that mask?

#1610 1 year ago

"Aldi" a German retailer with a local Australian presence - not much hope for you, sorry.

I plan to make it into a topper.

#1611 1 year ago
Quoted from SYS6:

"Aldi" a German retailer with a local Australian presence - not much hope for you, sorry.
I plan to make it into a topper.

We have Aldi here too

#1612 1 year ago

Hello one and all!!
As we speak I'm gathering my winter project, a Gorgar missing the backbox.
My main need at this point is a light board or even a template of one to build my own.
Any and all help/info is greatly appreciated. TIA

#1613 1 year ago

Finally finished installing the alternate cabinet decals today...

20221025_141213 (resized).jpg20221025_141213 (resized).jpg20221025_141220 (resized).jpg20221025_141220 (resized).jpg
Gamerwraps.com stopped producing this decal set. It's no longer available.

Added 18 months ago:

I did install steel cabinet protectors on the corners. I also cut the decals out from behind the protectors before screwing them down. This is the proper way for installing cab protectors when using decals to prevent crinkling of decals.

#1614 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Finally finished installing the alternate cabinet decals today...
[quoted image][quoted image]
Gamerwraps.com stopped producing this decal set. It's no longer available.

Looks good.

#1615 1 year ago

I recently picked up a Gorgar machine and for the most part it has been working okay. I rebuilt the flippers and replaced all coil sleeves and it's working great. My question is whether or not the slingshots are supposed to give points and/or trigger sounds? I've never played another one and simply don't know if it's working right.

#1616 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

My question is whether or not the slingshots are supposed to give points and/or trigger sounds? I've never played another one and simply don't know if it's working right.

Yes. Gorgar’s slingshots are supposed to trigger sounds and give points. There is a set of contacts under the playfield that are triggered by the slingshot mechanism. Those contacts are for scoring the points and are separate from the contacts that trigger the slingshot coil.

#1617 1 year ago

Yes, I really like the sides. But the front reminds me of cows WTF? They could have done better. I'll have to figure a way to spice it up.

#1618 1 year ago

Thank you @jscaptura, I'll have a look and see what I can find.

#1619 1 year ago
Quoted from SYS6:

[quoted image]

Got another picture like this? Love it. Hope you don’t mind I shared it…

#1620 1 year ago

Here's my solution!
* I love paint.net
9d619e0efba0763fb3d30e1e79f026cdd27f0448 (resized).jpg9d619e0efba0763fb3d30e1e79f026cdd27f0448 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1621 1 year ago

Picked it up today. Gonna have some questions. Hope you can help. Such a great game.

20221112_210424 (resized).jpg20221112_210424 (resized).jpg
#1622 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Picked it up today. Gonna have some questions. Hope you can help. Such a great game.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club. Looks pretty good.

#1623 1 year ago

Hey, noob question. What are the two stars just above the flippers for? 2x 3x * *

I know 2x, 3x. But what are the stars telling me?

#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hey, noob question. What are the two stars just above the flippers for? 2x 3x * *
I know 2x, 3x. But what are the stars telling me?

You get a star for completing 1234

#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

You get a star for completing 1234

Also, once you light both stars (complete 1-2-3-4 twice) then the red arrows in front of the 1-2-3-4 targets light one at a time in rotation. Hitting the #target when the associated arrow is lit earns an extra ball!

#1626 1 year ago

I'm hanging out by myself, unmolested by wife and kids (4) switching back and forth between Gorgar and Godzilla, while listening to Slayer too loud. I could swear Dave Lombardo's kick drum keeps syncopation with Gogar's heartbeat. Fuckin love pinball.

20221116_203552 (resized).jpg20221116_203552 (resized).jpg
#1627 1 year ago

Hey there. This started happening last night. The score for player 3 and 4 started getting wonky. Any chance there's a Fonzie solution?

20221117_204820 (resized).jpg20221117_204820 (resized).jpg
#1628 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hey there. This started happening last night. The score for player 3 and 4 started getting wonky. Any chance there's a Fonzie solution?
[quoted image]

Unplug 3 or 4 and see if the other comes back. Then swap cables between 2+3 and see if it follows. If it does the master display board needs work. if not, you need new slave displays.

#1629 1 year ago
Quoted from pincoder:

Unplug 3 or 4 and see if the other comes back. Then swap cables between 2+3 and see if it follows. If it does the master display board needs work. if not, you need new slave displays.

Thank you. Will try that this weekend.

#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

[quoted image]

The same thing happened to our Gorgar on number 4 and number 2. I had to buy new displays. I tried to unplug and switch the connecter but no success.

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

Also, once you light both stars (complete 1-2-3-4 twice) then the red arrows in front of the 1-2-3-4 targets light one at a time in rotation. Hitting the #target when the associated arrow is lit earns an extra ball!

I need to clarify/correct my earlier posting quoted above regarding the Gorgar ruleset related to the 1-2-3-4 targets. You have to complete the 1-2-3-4 targets 3 times (not just twice) to start the roving lit arrow. Also, hitting the target when the associated roving arrow is lit awards a "special" and not an extra ball (unless, of course, you have the adjustments set to award an extra ball when a special is earned).

#1632 1 year ago

Here’s my Gorgar. Helped my operator friend buy it from the Tilt Arcade in the Westgate mall in Madison Wi back in the mid-80’s for maybe about $400. We routed him for maybe 10 years until I took ownership. He’s put in a lot of miles and still plays great.

I got bored with the play and decided to make him mean some time ago, and found it’s much more frustratingly fun to play. I thought the flipper gap was too close, so installed Lightning flippers. Moved the posts between the 1-4 targets forward a little and occasionally set it difficult (so you have to complete 1-4 in order to light the pit). For a tournament, a reverse flipper switch I call the Ragrog switch was installed.

The original boards worked well, but a Rottendog combo board was installed for reliability. Sunlight frosted leds everywhere except up top where there’s flame leds in the rollover and pit area. A few sunlight strips in dark areas.

Total keeper game that brings back great memories!
4B10016E-E419-4B73-9D74-DA6D8CFD94CC (resized).jpeg4B10016E-E419-4B73-9D74-DA6D8CFD94CC (resized).jpeg8F01A260-A1C1-4566-ABCC-F45BC9FBF08B (resized).jpeg8F01A260-A1C1-4566-ABCC-F45BC9FBF08B (resized).jpeg

#1633 1 year ago
Quoted from tullster:

Here’s my Gorgar. Helped my operator friend buy it from the Tilt Arcade in the Westgate mall in Madison Wi back in the mid-80’s for maybe about $400. We routed him for maybe 10 years until I took ownership. He’s put in a lot of miles and still plays great.
I got bored with the play and decided to make him mean some time ago, and found it’s much more frustratingly fun to play. I thought the flipper gap was too close, so installed Lightning flippers. Moved the posts between the 1-4 targets forward a little and occasionally set it difficult (so you have to complete 1-4 in order to light the pit). For a tournament, a reverse flipper switch I call the Ragrog switch was installed.
The original boards worked well, but a Rottendog combo board was installed for reliability. Sunlight frosted leds everywhere except up top where there’s flame leds in the rollover and pit area. A few sunlight strips in dark areas.
Total keeper game that brings back great memories!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That reverse flipper switch is cool. Was it easy to do?

#1634 1 year ago

Hahaha! Just took the high score down!

20221124_165234 (resized).jpg20221124_165234 (resized).jpg
#1635 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

That reverse flipper switch is cool. Was it easy to do?

Yes. Just a DPDT switch hooked up to the flipper button wiring.

I seldom use it, but it’s fun occasionally. When I’ve used it for a side tournament or when league is over, people enjoy it.

#1636 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hahaha! Just took the high score down!
[quoted image]

Great job, post your score

#1637 1 year ago

Hey everyone. I have a decent bounce when the ball reaches the flipper. Makes hitting the spinner almost impossible unless I'm cradling the ball. I bought Cliffys but it didn't seem to help much. Maybe I installed them wrong? They go right on top of the older rails, right?

Also, is this an issue everyone just deals with or can it be resolved? TIA

#1638 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hey everyone. I have a decent bounce when the ball reaches the flipper. Makes hitting the spinner almost impossible unless I'm cradling the ball. I bought Cliffys but it didn't seem to help much. Maybe I installed them wrong? They go right on top of the older rails, right?

It sounds like the left ball guide is out of alignment from the flipper. I had the same thing on my gorgar. Someone has probably changed the position of it at some point.

#1639 1 year ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

It sounds like the left ball guide is out of alignment from the flipper. I had the same thing on my gorgar. Someone has probably changed the position of it at some point.

Mine does the same thing when it comes down the left side. I let it bounce over to the right flipper and go from there. It was designed that way as to keep you from hitting spinner especially when lit for 1000.

#1640 1 year ago

Im not sure it was factory to do that. Iv played a few different others and hadn’t seen that problem. But maybe those were fixed.

#1641 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hey I was having the same hop issue. I drilled the posts out of the old ones and reused the posts with the Cliffy’s. It makes them adjustable enough to correct the problem.

#1642 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Hey I was having the same hop issue. I drilled the posts out of the old ones and reused the posts with the Cliffy’s. It makes them adjustable enough to correct the problem.

I used the old rails and posts. Just put the cliffys on top. But that didn't work. That's why I wasn't sure. Maybe I did it wrong.

#1643 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I used the old rails and posts. Just put the cliffys on top. But that didn't work. That's why I wasn't sure. Maybe I did it wrong.

Honestly, I didn’t even consider trying that because on mine the problem seemed to stem from the location and restriction of the old posts being secured to the worn down rails. There wasn’t much room for adjustment.
I can report that drilling them out and reusing them was an improvement. Still not perfect on mine but it’s more about getting the flipper alignment spot on now.

#1644 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Honestly, I didn’t even consider trying that because on mine the problem seemed to stem from the location and restriction of the old posts being secured to the worn down rails. There wasn’t much room for adjustment.
I can report that drilling them out and reusing them was an improvement. Still not perfect on mine but it’s more about getting the flipper alignment spot on now.

Actually it looks like the cause is that the factory has the plastic housing where the flipper shaft goes through is not positioned correct in the playfield. At least that is the cause for bounce on my game.

#1645 1 year ago

Mine was off too. Someone tried to fix it in the past and relocated the lower guide post hole and did not get it positioned correctly.
I epoxied the holes and drilled out new ones before I did the hard top install. Also installed the new Cliffy lane guides and it's perfect now.
Hop is no good. Can't imagine that being factory on any pin.

#1646 1 year ago

I have been trying to fix the same issue on mine for sometimr. I was told because the guide must have taken a hit from the ball and pushed it back a little. So do the cliffys work or not? My rail is solid and has no play, not sure what else to do?

#1647 1 year ago

Here’s a picture of my return lane guide and how far I had to move it to get rid of the hop. I did both sides when I installed new flipper bats and silicone flipper bands.
It was totally worth it and really makes a difference. You can’t see it unless you’re looking for it. I’ll hopefully touch it up one of these days.

D5E19B98-0F7A-4A04-8850-4D02A581688F (resized).jpegD5E19B98-0F7A-4A04-8850-4D02A581688F (resized).jpeg
#1648 1 year ago
Quoted from tullster:

Here’s a picture of my return lane guide and how far I had to move it to get rid of the hop. I did both sides when I installed new flipper bats and silicone flipper bands.
It was totally worth it and really makes a difference. You can’t see it unless you’re looking for it. I’ll hopefully touch it up one of these days.
[quoted image]

Did you leave the first hole alone? Shift the 2nd a little, and the 3rd (closest to the flipper) the most?

#1649 1 year ago

I put toothpicks in the old holes and shifted the whole rail up. Tested before screwing it back down. It’s buttery smooth now.

7D6C2D51-91A6-4813-824B-0CFB80D84AC4 (resized).jpeg7D6C2D51-91A6-4813-824B-0CFB80D84AC4 (resized).jpeg
#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from tullster:

I put toothpicks in the old holes and shifted the whole rail up. Tested before screwing it back down. It’s buttery smooth now.
[quoted image]

So it looks like you filled the old holes and moved the whole line up, maybe 1/8". Did the holes overlap, or cause issues cause they were too close?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 1,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-back-from-the-dead-and-terrifying/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.