PXL_20230921_145607720 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152812628 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152819420 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230822_234604281 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128270_1138714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128316_1138723 (resized).jpg
20230716_181917 (resized).jpg
20230716_181924 (resized).jpg
There are 1,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 36.
#1001 4 years ago

Is CPR still going to follow through and make a silkscreened Gorgar playfield? Last I heard they were committed to finishing their current lists before going to 100% digital.

#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Is CPR still going to follow through and make a silkscreened Gorgar playfield?

no. since mirco came out with his version he has eaten up all the sales that cpr would have gotten so stu decided not to run it as it would be a waste of his time drawing it.

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

no. since mirco came out with his version he has eaten up all the sales that cpr would have gotten so stu decided not to run it as it would be a waste of his time drawing it.

I wanted to be sure as I've been on CPR list for one forever and would have to follow through with my purchase when requested by them. Otherwise I would end up on the bad customer list.

#1004 4 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Is CPR still going to follow through and make a silkscreened Gorgar playfield? Last I heard they were committed to finishing their current lists before going to 100% digital.

Years ago CPR said they had the art. Now they say they don’t.

Serial number 397377 has amber D & E’s by the way.

#1005 4 years ago

Mine's serial # 395888 with green D & E.

#1006 4 years ago

Back up peoples. Get in line. Here on Wednesday (hopefully).

92236548-3E67-4114-9AF1-661216A652D0 (resized).png92236548-3E67-4114-9AF1-661216A652D0 (resized).png
#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Years ago CPR said they had the art. Now they say they don’t.

you are correct, Many "years ago" - back when there was an art team - one of the artists claimed he had done the art for it, then when Stu took over as the Art Director and was getting everything in order he came to find out the artist never even started the artwork.....

#1008 4 years ago

you are correct, Many "years ago" - back when there was an art team - one of the artists claimed he had done the art for it, then when Stu took over as the Art Director and was getting everything in order he came to find out the artist never even started the artwork.....

Thanks for the follow up. I was curious what had happened.

#1009 4 years ago

I ordered mine from Mirco too! Excited to finally have it.

#1010 4 years ago

Good info.

After waiting a year or 2 CPR announced again in about April of 2016 they were getting close. I made sure I was on the list and hurried to get my plastic set and stencils. I even said I would take 2 playfields (not because I needed 2 but had been waiting so long just to help the numbers).

If they had just came out and said “oops, we don’t have the art” I wouldn’t have been drooling for 4 more years. They were very misleading is all I’m saying.

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

Wowwwwww.
I wonder what this is going to do to the value of the current Gorgars out there. I am just about finished with my restoration of my original, which required a lot of touch up and clear coating. I got the machine for $1000 with Pinscore displays and solid bulletproofed boards. When people get these beat up machines (a lot of Gorgars are very rough with either paint wear or bad insert cupping - almost every Gorgar I've ever seen has had cupping).. at a "base price" of $1k, a playfield at $800 ... I think we're going to be seeing the days of $2K+ machines ... which might have an effect on the 1K machines now that it's "restorable" with a playfield swap.
And I really don't care about the value so much, have no idea where to price a fully upgraded original cleared cabinet redone bullet proofed pinscore new flipper mech + new lots of other crap machine. Despite the gross amount of work I've put into this, I'm glad I was able to save an original. It's a fantastic game. But with the repro playfield out now, I think mine's "value" has dropped a bit. Demand probably drops too. I dunno. Should be interesting. Crazy market.

I learned a long time ago that the money you put into a restoration rarely comes back to you when/if you go to sell the unit. I'd say do it only if you want to keep the game for a while or are willing to take a loss on your investment and especially the cost of your time. Not directed at you... just general statement for those considering a restore.

#1012 4 years ago

Oh man - Thanks so much for posting! I hope CPR doesn't add me to their shit list, but they're kinda on my shit list after what they pulled. I originally bought my machine thinking that a CPR run wasn't too far off in the future. Hopefully all this goes away with their new on demand model.

#1013 4 years ago

If anyone want different insert colors I'm happy do create a different version. Lead time is approx 2 weeks from now. Please send me a pic of the difference...

Regards, mirco

#1014 4 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

If anyone want different insert colors I'm happy do create a different version. Lead time is approx 2 weeks from now. Please send me a pic of the difference...
Regards, mirco

Bravo micro! nice!

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Back up peoples. Get in line. Here on Wednesday (hopefully).[quoted image]

Did yours make it today? Mine is supposed to get here tomorrow. Just wanted to check out the real deal.

I've cleared off the top and some of the bottom in preparation for the swap. I'm so excited!

#1016 4 years ago

No not yet. Been sick last 2 days.

Did you get a tracking notice? I didn’t. Looks like I’ll have 14 days to work on it.

#1017 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

No not yet. Been sick last 2 days.
Did you get a tracking notice? I didn’t. Looks like I’ll have 14 days to work on it.

That sucks! Hope you're feeling better soon!

I didn't get a tracking number. I PMed Mirco to check and it looks like I should see mine tomorrow.

#1018 4 years ago

Smooth as glass and nice hard feeling clearcoat!! Me got you!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Smooth as glass and nice hard feeling clearcoat!! Me got you![quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great. Theres going to be some great playing Gorgars soon!

#1020 4 years ago

Just got mine! Looks amazing! Now I'm wondering if I should install upgraded flippers onto it >.>

IMG_20200312_095857 (resized).jpgIMG_20200312_095857 (resized).jpg
#1021 4 years ago
30AC5108-22DE-458D-AED7-1F9B6FE78AAC (resized).jpeg30AC5108-22DE-458D-AED7-1F9B6FE78AAC (resized).jpeg
#1022 4 years ago

Can you guys that have your Mirco playfields tell me if the holes have been cleaned up after the clear? Specifically wondering about the pop bumper "nail" holes.

I was under the impression that they didn't usually but it looks like they might be from the pics.

Thanks!

#1023 4 years ago

All holes are clean. There might be some white dust from polishing in some holes, but for sure no coat.

I'm glad they arrived save!

Regards,
Mirco

#1024 4 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

All holes are clean. There might be some white dust from polishing in some holes, but for sure no coat.
I'm glad they arrived save!
Regards,
Mirco

That's a great bonus. That should save some work. Thanks!

I have my slip to go pick mine up tonight. I'm so excited!

#1025 4 years ago

Has anyone documented a playfield swap on Gorgar? I’d love to get an idea of the time invested. And maybe a step by step.

#1026 4 years ago

I am willing to go as far as saying Gorgar has the best artwork above any other game. The whole thing is entirely its own world. When I first got mine I had to search if there was a movie or comic book it was themed from I didn't know about. Never gets old.

#1027 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I am willing to go as far as saying Gorgar has the best artwork above any other game. The whole thing is entirely its own world. When I first got mine I had to search if there was a movie or comic book it was themed from I didn't know about. Never gets old.

My son and I were looking at the new playfield (absolutely gorgeous) and the backglass. It really does seem like they had a whole plot figured out before doing the art. The art we see is just the highlights of the story. Like this guy:

gor (resized).jpggor (resized).jpg
#1028 4 years ago

Hey, I’m getting ready to do the playfield swap for Gorgar. I thought I’d put new posts in but i can’t find anywhere that lists the red posts. Mine are kind of beehive or Michelin man rather than Star. Anyone have a part number and quantity on this game? Also the little white plastic nuts on top of the plastics. Where can I get these new and crispy white?

Shoot, while I’m asking, is there just a parts list somewhere? I was hoping to install all new t-nuts rather than reusing the old. Help!

#1029 4 years ago

For future reference, I think it’s this part:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-951-7

#1030 4 years ago

Can someone put the link for upgrading the flippers for Gorgar.

#1031 4 years ago

Hi all, I’m swapping playfields with a new Mirco. Can’t wait. I’d like to touch up the cabinet a bit, but I’m not up for major woodworking and stencils. So, I’m wondering if we have a good color match for the main cab colors? Anyone know?

#1032 4 years ago

I have some spare parts from my Gorgar if anyone needs them. I have a set of drop targets with stickers, and a fairly average condition plastic set (the pictures show the worst of it). Let me know what you can use and we'll figure it out.

I also have a question:
On the large plastics there are some stand up spacers (pictures). What is the best way to deal with these?

IMG_20200318_190001 (resized).jpgIMG_20200318_190001 (resized).jpgIMG_20200318_185851 (resized).jpgIMG_20200318_185851 (resized).jpgIMG_20200318_185825 (resized).jpgIMG_20200318_185825 (resized).jpgIMG_20200318_185746 (resized).jpgIMG_20200318_185746 (resized).jpg
#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

I have some spare parts from my Gorgar if anyone needs them. I have a set of drop targets with stickers, and a fairly average condition plastic set (the pictures show the worst of it). Let me know what you can use and we'll figure it out.
I also have a question:
On the large plastics there are some stand up spacers (pictures). What is the best way to deal with these?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So are these spacers riveted onto the plastics? That an interesting problem for me. I’m making the playfield swap next week.

#1034 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

On the large plastics there are some stand up spacers (pictures). What is the best way to deal with these?

CPR used to have instructions for these. IIRC, you can use a drill bit wider than the hole and slowly drill from the top to remove enough metal to get them to where they can slide out through the bottom. Then you can reuse them on the new plastics by inserting through the bottom and allowing the screws to hold them in once installed.

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So are these spacers riveted onto the plastics? That an interesting problem for me. I’m making the playfield swap next week.

Yep.

Quoted from winteriscoming:

CPR used to have instructions for these. IIRC, you can use a drill bit wider than the hole and slowly drill from the top to remove enough metal to get them to where they can slide out through the bottom. Then you can reuse them on the new plastics by inserting through the bottom and allowing the screws to hold them in once installed.

Thanks for the confirmation. That's kind of what I assumed. I'll see if I can find the instructions but I think I can handle that either way.

#1036 4 years ago

Ok. Interesting note on my Gorgar. It’s clear a previous owner had replaced some stuff on the original. The wire loom and stuff has been recently washed. It was in great shape. So, not original.

I have noticed the plastics looking all warped and upon removal there were clear wear spots where the metal ball guides or nails had rubbed holes in the plastics paint. The warping And scratching appeared to be caused by the ball guides, etc pressing up on the plastics. In researching the red plastic concentric spacers, they come in 1” and 1 1/8” versions. I had bought replacements in the 1” size. I’m wondering if it should have been the 1 1/8 size? Does anyone have a parts manual that might tell? Do you think it would be a problem if I used the taller version even if it was technically wrong? I’ll be ticked if my brand new plastics set looks like the ones it it now...

#1037 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Has anyone documented a playfield swap on Gorgar? I’d love to get an idea of the time invested. And maybe a step by step.

That repro looks great. You won’t find many (any?) Gorgar playfield swaps. I’m an old timer that started collecting in the early 90’s and Gorgar was one of my first pins. I remember some well known collectors looking for a Gorgar playfield in rec.games.pinball for years. It became a running joke about finding one. These playfields actually look better then the Gorgars I played when they were new in the arcade. My friends and I were fascinated by the speech and it is the machine that sparked my interest in pinball.

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from embien:

That repro looks great. You won’t find many (any?) Gorgar playfield swaps. I’m an old timer that started collecting in the early 90’s and Gorgar was one of my first pins. I remember some well known collectors looking for a Gorgar playfield in rec.games.pinball for years. It became a running joke about finding one. These playfields actually look better then the Gorgars I played when they were new in the arcade. My friends and I were fascinated by the speech and it is the machine that sparked my interest in pinball.

Yep it’s a classic. I’m so excited to see it in new condition. I have the whole top stripped and 1/4 of the bottom. I’m really enjoying the process.

#1039 4 years ago

So I turned on my gorgar today and this came up. Anyone know what this means it won’t play. Thanks in advance.

#1040 4 years ago
E38BEB6F-81AE-48EA-A47E-26F2CF246B54 (resized).jpegE38BEB6F-81AE-48EA-A47E-26F2CF246B54 (resized).jpeg
#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

So I turned on my gorgar today and this came up. Anyone know what this means it won’t play. Thanks in advance.

Dead batteries or a bad Batt holder
turn off and back on quickly and it should come up, 1 time.

#1042 4 years ago

Batteries are dead, or 5101 chip is bad or not getting power from batteries.

You can test the 5101 fully with the 03-cmos test from here: http://pincoder.ca

#1043 4 years ago
Quoted from Jr99svt:

Dead batteries or a bad Batt holder
turn off and back on quickly and it should come up, 1 time.

It Sure did thanks. I did replace the batteries a few days ago with new cheap ones. Maybe I’ll grab some good one next time I have to leave. Thanks again

#1044 4 years ago
Quoted from pincoder:

Well hope it the cheap batteries I put in. But got time so I’ll see if I can figure out how to test it. Thanks

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from pincoder:

I read it twice I think. I know this is out of my league. I don’t have a computer or know how to use one.

#1046 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ok. Interesting note on my Gorgar. It’s clear a previous owner had replaced some stuff on the original. The wire loom and stuff has been recently washed. It was in great shape. So, not original.
I have noticed the plastics looking all warped and upon removal there were clear wear spots where the metal ball guides or nails had rubbed holes in the plastics paint. The warping And scratching appeared to be caused by the ball guides, etc pressing up on the plastics. In researching the red plastic concentric spacers, they come in 1” and 1 1/8” versions. I had bought replacements in the 1” size. I’m wondering if it should have been the 1 1/8 size? Does anyone have a parts manual that might tell? Do you think it would be a problem if I used the taller version even if it was technically wrong? I’ll be ticked if my brand new plastics set looks like the ones it it now...

Confirmed that Gorgar should have used the 1 1/8” (one and one eighth inch) concentric plastic posts. Maybe it’s a non issue for most, but mine was all switched out to the wrong ones and it ruined the plastics. Hopefully that will save someone hassle at some point.

#1047 4 years ago

Got about 95% done with the top. It's a beauty to look at. Still have to wire up the upgraded flippers and a couple finishing touches.
Has anyone else put the pinscore led scoreboards in? I'm wondering the best way to route the ribbon cables.

IMG_20200327_175344 (resized).jpgIMG_20200327_175344 (resized).jpg
#1048 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

Has anyone else put the pinscore led scoreboards in? I'm wondering the best way to route the ribbon cables.

My displays were easy to install.
Keep the cables with tight bends and flat against the wood.
I used some two sided foam tape to keep the ribbon cables on the wood and from touching the backglass.

Display cable (resized).jpgDisplay cable (resized).jpg
#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

My displays were easy to install.
Keep the cables with tight bends and flat against the wood.
I used some two sided foam tape to keep the ribbon cables on the wood and from touching the backglass.[quoted image]

That's perfect. Thanks. I'll do that exact thing!

#1050 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

Got about 95% done with the top. It's a beauty to look at. Still have to wire up the upgraded flippers and a couple finishing touches.
Has anyone else put the pinscore led scoreboards in? I'm wondering the best way to route the ribbon cables.[quoted image]

Beautiful! The wood printed areas stand out so much more and look different yhan my original. Classic!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-back-from-the-dead-and-terrifying/page/21?hl=sparksterz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.