Topic Stats

• 968 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 354 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0104201921_HDR (resized).jpg
0104201921c_HDR (resized).jpg
0104201921b_HDR (resized).jpg
0104201921 (resized).jpg
0104201921a_HDR (resized).jpg
gg17 (resized).jpg
gg16 (resized).jpg
gg15 (resized).jpg
gg14 (resized).jpg
gg13 (resized).jpg
gg12 (resized).jpg
gg11 (resized).jpg
gg10 (resized).jpg
gg9 (resized).jpg
gg8 (resized).jpg
gg7 (resized).jpg

There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.
#951 56 days ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

After considering everyone's advice, I'm gonna offer the guy $800. If he takes it, then I guess I've got a drive ahead of me this weekend. If not, then I'll wait it out and keep searching. Because while I like Gorgar, its not completely my ideal pin, and I don't think it will be a big hit with my wife and daughter. And I really do want to get pins that they will like too. I don't want my pinball hobby to just be a man-thing! Thanks to everyone for your input. We'll see how it goes!

Added 9 days ago: FOLLOWUP: Crickets from the seller since I offered him $800 . I was friendly and polite with my offer, and I told him no hard feelings either way, so a simple "No Thanks" would have been nice.

Added 6 days ago: FOLLOWUP2: Just a quick update: Guess I won't in the Gorgar club! Seller took down the Gorgar ad, so he musta sold it. Probably to someone a little closer I hope. Now I've got a line on a players Dr. Dude for $1500. A fun sys11 and a little more family friendly. And it looks like I'll only have to drive 3.5 hrs to get it instead of 4, so win win. Still not locked in yet, but I'm hopeful.

Sending low offers for pins you aren’t even sure you want seems like a quick way to send a message to sellers that you aren’t serious. Based on what I saw on those pics, I’d buy 5 Gorgars at $800 and resell all of them for a few hundred more. Even at the cost of a new backglass, you’d have a great pin at a steal.

But, of course, this is the club thread so I guess you’d expect owners to say this.

#952 55 days ago

Have had mine a while now, and been here a while, but she's still a keeper. Came from the flooded basement of an old Op's home. Was buried under piles of crap, and legs had lost 4" due to rot, from standing water. A set of new legs, shop job, boards sent out, has been good ever since (With one minor driver board fire, and epic smoke show (post is somewhere)). Believe I paid either $100 or $125 at the time for her. Have been meaning to upgrade the flipper mechs for years, still on the to do list.
20191126_131814.jpg

#953 53 days ago

Joined the club. Got a pretty decent Gorgar. I had to fix a few things. But it's up and running great now.

Pics with the red background walls are from when I picked it up.

IMG_20191118_140819 (resized).jpgreceived_432718517666097 (resized).jpeg15749041583195026979757907787161 (resized).jpg15749042400491059970800237777431 (resized).jpg15749042913523192665885068361268 (resized).jpg
#954 53 days ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Sending low offers for pins you aren’t even sure you want seems like a quick way to send a message to sellers that you aren’t serious. Based on what I saw on those pics, I’d buy 5 Gorgars at $800 and resell all of them for a few hundred more. Even at the cost of a new backglass, you’d have a great pin at a steal.
But, of course, this is the club thread so I guess you’d expect owners to say this.

If the Gorgar had been closer, it would have been a no brainer! I'd have offered more in that case. But it was going to be a 4+ hour drive, and for every person who said $1080 was a good price, even with the bad backglass, I had someone else say they wouldn't offer more than $600. Hence how I arrived at my $800 offer. Still, maybe someday I'll get to join the club. You never know!

#955 53 days ago

Anyone have news on CPR playfield? I’m seriously exhausted from the wait...

1 week later
#956 43 days ago

Recapped all the boards. Added retro LEDs. New white rubbers. And new flipper bats and coils

IMG_20191207_190046 (resized).jpgIMG_20191207_190050 (resized).jpg
#957 42 days ago

Just finished the cabinet today... used oil based semi gloss enamel. First time doing a stencil, and bloody hell, it is a LOT more work than I thought it would be. But, it came out really nice. Will be going through it with a toothpick and tiny brush to do some touchups, but overall,... wow. The difference. Wow.

And, some before/afters of the playfield. That also came out very nice

gg1 (resized).jpggg2 (resized).jpggg5 (resized).jpggg3 (resized).jpggg4 (resized).jpggg6 (resized).jpggg7 (resized).jpggg8 (resized).jpggg9 (resized).jpggg10 (resized).jpggg17 (resized).jpggg14 (resized).jpggg11 (resized).jpggg12 (resized).jpggg13 (resized).jpggg15 (resized).jpggg16 (resized).jpg
#958 42 days ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

Just finished the cabinet today... used oil based semi gloss enamel. First time doing a stencil, and bloody hell, it is a LOT more work than I thought it would be. But, it came out really nice. Will be going through it with a toothpick and tiny brush to do some touchups, but overall,... wow. The difference. Wow.
And, some before/afters of the playfield. That also came out very nice [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work looks amazing

#959 42 days ago

Wow wow wow! Great work!

Seeing your cab with the hardware off makes me think it might look pretty swanky with black powdercoat.

#960 41 days ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

And, some before/afters of the playfield. That also came out very nice [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great work!!

#961 36 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I thought this would be produced by now.

-Rev

2 weeks later
#962 16 days ago

Hi
I'm not a GORGAR-owner anymore but after searching the forum and finding nothing regarding this important anniversary I want to bring out a big toast on GORGAR's 40th anniversary a few months ago.
As far I remember the machine was presented at the AMOA in autumn 1979
It's first presentation in Germany will be 40 years ago in 2 weeks (at the "IMA 1980" in Frankfurt)
This was big-time, the news of a "talking pinball" could be seen in lots of newspapers and even housewife-magazines over here.
A pinball-addict who had the pleasure to meet GORGAR when it was brandnew won't forget it.
GORGAR is as important as Black Knight, High-Speed or T2 to name a few and deserves a birthday-bash, won't you agree?

#963 16 days ago

Completely agree. I’m of the opinion that Gorgar doesn’t get enough love for its special place in pinball history. Happy birthday big guy!!

“Gorgar, me got birthday!”

#964 16 days ago

I gave Gorgar a new set of pin score displays for Christmas. No more 30 minute warm up period to see your score.

#965 14 days ago

Almost done with mine... 1 more pop bumper skirt to replace and a little cabinet touch up...

0104201921 (resized).jpg0104201921_HDR (resized).jpg0104201921b_HDR (resized).jpg0104201921c_HDR (resized).jpg0104201921a_HDR (resized).jpg
#966 12 days ago

Does anyone have a connect within CPR to get them to move forward with the Gorgar playfield this year?

-Rev

1 week later
#967 2 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Dude, I’ve been waiting 5 years. They posted years ago they have the art just not enough “demand”.

They should at least put it on the “new process” list. I see a few firepower people have got their new process playfields.

#968 1 day ago
Quoted from Travish:

Dude, I’ve been waiting 5 years. They posted years ago they have the art just not enough “demand”.
They should at least put it on the “new process” list. I see a few firepower people have got their new process playfields.

Agreed. If they don’t get them out soon, I’m selling Gorgar to get it out of my garage.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside