PXL_20230921_145607720 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152812628 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152819420 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230822_234604281 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128270_1138714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128316_1138723 (resized).jpg
20230716_181917 (resized).jpg
20230716_181924 (resized).jpg
There are 1,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 36.
#901 4 years ago

I emailed CPR to be on preorder list for Gorgar playfield back in 2017 and never received any conformation and wasn't contacted in 2018 either. Should I be concerned? I absolutely need on of these.

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

I emailed CPR to be on preorder list for Gorgar playfield back in 2017 and never received any conformation and wasn't contacted in 2018 either. Should I be concerned? I absolutely need on of these.

I've been on the list for quite some time as well... from the sounds of it they never respond to let you know you're on the preorder interest list. I would have thought it would make it to production by now, but I know they've been busy with getting up their digital printing method. Hoping we hear something in the next six months at least. I would urge any club members to get on the list if you haven't already... there are a lot of these pins out there in need of a playfield swap or full restore!!

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Can someone please post a pic of the wiring for the snake pit flashers. Mine are always on. Would think it’s a simple wire issue
Thanks

Did you just install LED flashers? And now they stay on?
If so, you need to remove the 330 ohm (orange-orange-brown) 2 watt resistor, from the fiber board terminals by the lamps/magnet area of the playfield underside. (may be a square sand cement resistor... can't remember what mine was)

This is the 'warming resistor" for the original #89 bulbs so they don't slam on, and last longer life...basically, keeps the incandesent bulb ON ever so slightly... hence why the LEDs would be always on.

If you're not using LED's there.. then you probably have a bad stuck transistor (Q25) on the driver board. (possibly bad PIA IC that controls the transistor).

warming resistor (resized).jpgwarming resistor (resized).jpgGorgar Snake Pit warming resistor (resized).jpgGorgar Snake Pit warming resistor (resized).jpg
#904 4 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Did you just install LED flashers? And now they stay on?
If so, you need to remove the 330 ohm (orange-orange-brown) 2 watt resistor, from the fiber board terminals by the lamps/magnet area of the playfield underside. (may be a square sand cement resistor... can't remember what mine was)
This is the 'warming resistor" for the original #89 bulbs so they don't slam on, and last longer life...basically, keeps the incandesent bulb ON ever so slightly... hence why the LEDs would be always on.
If you're not using LED's there.. then you probably have a bad stuck transistor (Q25) on the driver board. (possibly bad PIA IC that controls the transistor).[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks you.
the previous owner had removed the flashers bc he said a wiring issue kept them on..( incand) I will check to see what my light board looks like first.
If it looks the same I will investigate the resistor. I am hopeful its a miss wire since he remembered there was that issue when I mentioned it
thanks again

#905 4 years ago

Shoot. My wires look the same the correct ones. Guess will need to check the transistor as well

E3FF2C8E-81F9-4C67-AFFE-302EDC5A79C2 (resized).jpegE3FF2C8E-81F9-4C67-AFFE-302EDC5A79C2 (resized).jpegE72B52B4-AE5F-4C9B-B0C2-874EF9B5AE0A (resized).jpegE72B52B4-AE5F-4C9B-B0C2-874EF9B5AE0A (resized).jpeg
#906 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Shoot. My wires look the same the correct ones. Guess will need to check the transistor as well[quoted image][quoted image]

You. Need to remove the 330 ohm resistor still.

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I've been on the list for quite some time as well... from the sounds of it they never respond to let you know you're on the preorder interest list. I would have thought it would make it to production by now, ?

Why wait !

0EE20BD5-68E6-497F-AE9C-A7DE303A839D (resized).jpeg0EE20BD5-68E6-497F-AE9C-A7DE303A839D (resized).jpeg718014F8-8081-4D54-8F8A-9F7A6BC47215 (resized).jpeg718014F8-8081-4D54-8F8A-9F7A6BC47215 (resized).jpeg
#908 4 years ago

Here’s ya go ! Ron Kruzman NOS masterpiece,

#909 4 years ago

I Thought having the 330 was ok if incandescent? ( I tested with them in) Will remove it .
Is it possible if one of the resistors is bad it would keep them on?

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

I Thought having the 330 was ok if incandescent? ( I tested with them in) Will remove it .
Is it possible if one of the resistors is bad it would keep them on?

Ah, yeah. Should be fine for regular bulbs, sorry.

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Quoted from Pinzap:

I've been on the list for quite some time as well... from the sounds of it they never respond to let you know you're on the preorder interest list. I would have thought it would make it to production by now, but I know they've been busy with getting up their digital printing method. Hoping we hear something in the next six months at least. I would urge any club members to get on the list if you haven't already... there are a lot of these pins out there in need of a playfield swap or full restore!!

Uh...you guys should have gotten an email that has this text:

GORGAR PREORDER - this email is to confirm the receipt of your email into the preorder inbox. If you were sending a preorder, please keep this email as your receipt for date & time of your contact. Please do not send multiples - if you have this response, your preorder is added to the production numbers. If something changes and you must cancel your preorder, please email into the SAME INBOX using the SAME PLAYFIELD LINK at our site, and state your cancellation. You will also get this auto-response to confirm the arrival of that email as well.

#912 4 years ago

does anyone have extra red triangular inserts? I was not able to fine them for sale. I could use 3
thanks

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

does anyone have extra red triangular inserts? I was not able to fine them for sale. I could use 3
thanks

I think I found them...

#914 4 years ago

I pulled mine and sanded them flat before polishing and regluing. If I were using new ones, I would do these: https://www.pinballlife.com/1-12-x-58-triangle-transparent-starburst-amber-playfield-insert.html

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

finished my artwork for the slide... now to figure out which one [quoted image][quoted image]

Why is she sniffing his armpit?

#916 4 years ago

She's clearly sniffing his manly triceps.

*sob*
I sold my Gorgar this weekend. I'm already missing it....

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

She's clearly sniffing his manly triceps.
*sob*
I sold my Gorgar this weekend. I'm already missing it....

#918 4 years ago

Ugghhhhhhh. Six months ago I was searching gorgar pop caps, and they were available. Now it seems all US is OOS.

Does anyone happen to have spares they'd part with? Mine are all melty

1 week later
#919 4 years ago

Are Gorgar lane guides red? orange? amber?

I need to replace mine and it’s hard to tell what’s the correct color as these look faded.... and orange.... but the playfield is red in that area.

Anyone know the original color?

A0472F25-1E6B-4B25-B05A-3A8994CA586E (resized).jpegA0472F25-1E6B-4B25-B05A-3A8994CA586E (resized).jpeg
#920 4 years ago

I emailed CPR inquiring about Gorgar playfield status - they emailed me back sounding like this will be done soon. I'm not sure what's going on.

-Rev

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from KPW66:

Are Gorgar lane guides red? orange? amber?
I need to replace mine and it’s hard to tell what’s the correct color as these look faded.... and orange.... but the playfield is red in that area.
Anyone know the original color?[quoted image]

They should be red.

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from revmex:

I emailed CPR inquiring about Gorgar playfield status - they emailed me back sounding like thi :lol:s will be done soon. I'm not sure what's going on.
-Rev

Sorry, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. Someone posted the same "soon" comment about a year ago. I've been on the list at least 4 years. They even had a price increase on the "preorder" page. With that said... I'm still in.

Don't mind me, sarcasm factor a little high today.

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

They should be red.

Thanks

1 week later
#924 4 years ago

So my “b” lane guide was scoring multiple times with even one contact. Changes the diode and now the scoring is correct but it still gives 4 slots on the bonus counter. “A” and “c” give one but but “b” always gives gives four. If it’s scoring correctly what would cause that ?

#925 4 years ago

That's correct scoring. B is more valuable than A or C. Hit it before the spinner lights, avoid it after until spinner is unlit at 20 bonus.

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

That's correct scoring. B is more valuable than A or C. Hit it before the spinner lights, avoid it after until spinner is unlit at 20 bonus.

Thank you!
I was chasing nothing. Every time I play gorgar, I still can’t believe it’s from 79

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

So my “b” lane guide was scoring multiple times with even one contact. Changes the diode and now the scoring is correct but it still gives 4 slots on the bonus counter. “A” and “c” give one but but “b” always gives gives four. If it’s scoring correctly what would cause that ?

Mine often double scores the B lane too. Was always on my list of things to look into 'when I have the time' so I just replaced that switch diode and will see if that solves it.

Thanks

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Did not know this, good info..

#929 4 years ago

For more fabulous scoring tips and tricks we'll be streaming Gorgar at 6PM EST Saturday from the Richmond Pinball Collective. Twitch channel is #richmondpinballcollective, should be fun times.

#930 4 years ago

Stream starting shortly! Say "hi" in the chat.

1 month later
#931 4 years ago

Selling my Gorgar in SF Bay Area.

Everything works and just shopped by Chris Kuntz

* New Rottendog MPU/Driver Board
* New Rottendog Power Board
* Sound & Speech board serviced
* New Legs, Bolts, Levelers
* Flipper rebuilds including new coils and bats
* New Rubbers
* Drop Targets rebuilt (new boards & stickers, and adjusted)
* New Glass
* New power cord, lights, buttons, and other misc.
* Original MPU & Driver boards included with game, nonworking
* Original manual, flyer, and record is included

Please see pics for condition.

1ACC33B5-8C38-4CC0-AB83-19D0C098CD99 (resized).jpeg1ACC33B5-8C38-4CC0-AB83-19D0C098CD99 (resized).jpegFC47DFBF-575E-42B7-AF31-2782DB16B7DA (resized).jpegFC47DFBF-575E-42B7-AF31-2782DB16B7DA (resized).jpeg6210426F-97D8-4417-B8B5-3D95C70682BE (resized).jpeg6210426F-97D8-4417-B8B5-3D95C70682BE (resized).jpeg5E7EB587-0165-448F-8AA5-7B196F75B2E6 (resized).jpeg5E7EB587-0165-448F-8AA5-7B196F75B2E6 (resized).jpeg4628F466-FA6A-42A9-8A53-509DCCA0366A (resized).jpeg4628F466-FA6A-42A9-8A53-509DCCA0366A (resized).jpegCB859914-4F3E-412E-A9BD-50BAE9836F11 (resized).jpegCB859914-4F3E-412E-A9BD-50BAE9836F11 (resized).jpeg
#932 4 years ago

Wow! Very nice.

3 weeks later
#933 4 years ago

I have a mint GORGAR that I am considering trading for a new game. I live in the Dallas Fort Worth Area. The game is mint, bought from Todd Tuckey 6 months ago he did a video on it as well. If anyone is interested I will be open to offers.

Thanks,

Leigh

2 weeks later
#934 4 years ago

I have a question regarding Gorgar's backglass. In some photos here, I see that the '1 to 4 can play' is backlit, while others are not backlit. My Gorgar has a light behind that part of the glass, but the glass itself is masked, so the phrase is not backlit. Was the backglass produced both ways, with and without a mask, or is one variant a reproduction?

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from MisterScappy:

I have a question regarding Gorgar's backglass. In some photos here, I see that the '1 to 4 can play' is backlit, while others are not backlit. My Gorgar has a light behind that part of the glass, but the glass itself is masked, so the phrase is not backlit. Was the backglass produced both ways, with and without a mask, or is one variant a reproduction?

Masked? Here's my "2nd run" glass from the back. I have 1 bulb and its lit.
IMG_5522 (resized).JPGIMG_5522 (resized).JPG

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#936 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Masked? Here's my "2nd run" glass from the back. I have 1 bulb and its lit.

I *think* my glass is original to my machine. It does have a single bulb behind it, but it has no effect.
Do you know who produced your glass?

IMG_5415 (resized).jpgIMG_5415 (resized).jpgIMG_5416 (resized).jpgIMG_5416 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#937 4 years ago
Quoted from MisterScappy:

I *think* my glass is original to my machine. It does have a single bulb behind it, but it has no effect.
Do you know who produced your glass?

The backglasses were produced two ways, either with or without a mask over the 1-4 can play, this was done with origin backglasses & with repos as well. Most originals have the mask it seems.

My original backglass had a mask over the 1-4, when I bought a repro it didn't have the mask & was backlit there. I then wondered about this difference too. I ended up finding some pictures on the net of old worn original backglasses that indeed did not have a mask & were backlit, so that confirmed they were produced both ways.

As for the repros, planatery have the version with the masking over the 1-4 area, but the repro I have which does not have the mask & is backlit there was bought from Mayfair years ago, I believe these & were genuine Williams repros done in the 90s & made by Alan Meyer. Superb quality. Mayfair may still have them for sale for someone who really wants the backlit unmasked version.

Here is an example of an original backglass without the mask.

https://petesgameroom.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/IMG_6808.jpg

4 weeks later
#938 4 years ago

Saw this ad posted on Facebook. Guy has a working Gorgar for $1080. Seems like a good price, but the backglass is in pretty bad shape, and I think the backglass is a big part of Gorgar's selling point. I know you can still get replacement backglasses for $250 on Planetary. What do you guys think?

Its about a 4hr drive up the interstate for me, and this would be my first home pin. I'm thinking of offering $900, to drive up and get it. How does that sound to you gorgarites?
Gorgar (resized).jpgGorgar (resized).jpgGorgarBG (resized).jpgGorgarBG (resized).jpgGorgarPF (resized).jpgGorgarPF (resized).jpg

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Saw this ad posted on Facebook. Guy has a working Gorgar for $1080. Seems like a good price, but the backglass is in pretty bad shape, and I think the backglass is a big part of Gorgar's selling point. I know you can still get replacement backglasses for $250 on Planetary. What do you guys think?
Its about a 4hr drive up the interstate for me, and this would be my first home pin. I'm thinking of offering $900, to drive up and get it. How does that sound to you gorgarites?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I paid 1500 for mine so 900-1080 seems like a pretty good deal.. If the boards are clean seems like it would be worth it
my 2 cents

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

I paid 1500 for mine so 900-1080 seems like a pretty good deal.. If the boards are clean seems like it would be worth it
my 2 cents

Someone else mentioned looking at the boards too, I'll see if he'll send me some pictures. Thanks for the input!

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

How does that sound to you gorgarites?

Displays look good, playfield looks fine and the add states that it plays so the boards are good enough to me.
Glass is easy to replace - go get that Gorgar...

#942 4 years ago

Agreed. Get it. They will make playfields for it (someday!?) so even if that’s bad, I’d get it.

#943 4 years ago

This is what he sent me, he responded quick, but darn if it isn't a small image-file.

gorgar board (resized).jpeggorgar board (resized).jpeg
#944 4 years ago

Hard to tell but it looks
Like batteries of the board And I think the 40 pin I newer. It’s much brighter than the original ones I have seen. But even if and issue if you get for 900 , boat repair or new rottendog all in one are few hundred. I’d think you stil com out ok if you like the game

#945 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Hard to tell but it looks
Like batteries of the board And I think the 40 pin I newer. It’s much brighter than the original ones I have seen. But even if and issue if you get for 900 , boat repair or new rottendog all in one are few hundred. I’d think you stil com out ok if you like the game

He sent me a video in much better quality. I pulled some screens from it. They're still a bit blurry in stillframe, cuz he kinda panned around the whole time, but
gives a lot more story than that first pic. Boards look pretty clean to me, but I'm no expert on Gorgars or on this era machine.

GorBord2 (resized).pngGorBord2 (resized).pngGorBord3 (resized).pngGorBord3 (resized).pngGorBord4 (resized).pngGorBord4 (resized).png
#946 4 years ago

It looks to me like he replaced the 40 pin and a few capacitors? Just by the fact they look brighter than 40 yr old components. 4 hours is a drive but, I think it looks like a reasonable deal for the price

#947 4 years ago

What's up with the PC cooling fan? I've never seen this.

#948 4 years ago

Guess it can’t hurt ? Even if it cools a few degrees I would think it would help some.

#949 4 years ago

After considering everyone's advice, I'm gonna offer the guy $800. If he takes it, then I guess I've got a drive ahead of me this weekend. If not, then I'll wait it out and keep searching. Because while I like Gorgar, its not completely my ideal pin, and I don't think it will be a big hit with my wife and daughter. And I really do want to get pins that they will like too. I don't want my pinball hobby to just be a man-thing! Thanks to everyone for your input. We'll see how it goes!

Added over 4 years ago:

FOLLOWUP: Crickets from the seller since I offered him $800 . I was friendly and polite with my offer, and I told him no hard feelings either way, so a simple "No Thanks" would have been nice.

Added over 4 years ago:

FOLLOWUP2: Just a quick update: Guess I won't in the Gorgar club! Seller took down the Gorgar ad, so he musta sold it. Probably to someone a little closer I hope. Now I've got a line on a players Dr. Dude for $1500. A fun sys11 and a little more family friendly. And it looks like I'll only have to drive 3.5 hrs to get it instead of 4, so win win. Still not locked in yet, but I'm hopeful.

1 week later
#950 4 years ago

Finaly im in after years of searchimg for a nice one.

IMG_20191124_210838_845 (resized).jpgIMG_20191124_210838_845 (resized).jpgIMG_20191125_000526_459 (resized).jpgIMG_20191125_000526_459 (resized).jpg1124192338a_HDR (resized).jpg1124192338a_HDR (resized).jpg1124192338b (resized).jpg1124192338b (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-back-from-the-dead-and-terrifying/page/19?hl=sparksterz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.