PXL_20230921_145607720 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152812628 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231013_152819420 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230822_234604281 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128270_1138714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_4128316_1138723 (resized).jpg
20230716_181917 (resized).jpg
20230716_181924 (resized).jpg
There are 1,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 36.
#851 5 years ago

Anyone here in the thread upgrade their Gorgy flippers from the original mech to the Fliptronic mech using the VID guide/Pinball Life complete mech setup? Have the mechs waiting to go in and wanted to know of anything to be wary of ahead of time.

#852 5 years ago

I did the upgrade and recommend it. I put the nails back in as I preferred the black nail heads to empty space or filler. It was pretty straight forward as the guide specifies as I recall. I remember being really nervous about drilling into the playfield for the screw pilots. I did the old masking-tape-on-the-drill-bit trick to make sure I didnt exceed the correct depth and had a buddy hold the mech in place to ensure the bushing / flipper stayed centered while I drilled.

#853 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Are your flipper mechs tight or can you move the flippers from the top of the playfield? You may have worn bushings. Another thing you can try is loosening the screws, putting some pressure on the guides so they are positioned better, and tightening the screws while you have hand pressure on them. If your screw holes are wallowed it you can do the toothpick trick. Make sure you put the toothpick on the worn side, probably the bottom.

It's a combination of the 3 screws to hold the flipper post not staying because the post is too worn, and that I can't keep the guides in the proper place even after trying the toothpick trick. Right flipper is good, but the left is still a touch off again. Though I'd really much rather put in fliptronic flippers, but...not on this playfield. Maybe as a test when the CPR ones ever get done.

#854 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Hard to say what the market will support, but i suspect it will sell fairly quickly if listed at $500. Probably leaving money on the table, but descriptions aren’t as good as photos so it’s hard to say for sure and if truly as bad as you are saying, then $500 might be fair. I paid almost double that for one in decent shape... but not a great one. “Pretty bad” means different things to different people. I want to replace my PF and BG as soon as they have a CPR playfield out... but that doesn’t mean it’s bad, just not as perfect as I’d like.
Post some pics maybe?

Thanks for the feedback. It's kind of in an unassembled state. I'll probably have to get it back together before I can sell, and I'll follow up with some pics for feedback here.

Seriously, if I don't have to do much work to sell it, and someone who will actually enjoy the game rather than flipping it wants it and thinks $500 might be a good price, and can pick it up in person, let me know.

#855 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Thanks for the feedback. It's kind of in an unassembled state. I'll probably have to get it back together before I can sell, and I'll follow up with some pics for feedback here.
Seriously, if I don't have to do much work to sell it, and someone who will actually enjoy the game rather than flipping it wants it and thinks $500 might be a good price, and can pick it up in person, let me know.

Yeah, didn't realize it was disassembled and not playable. That affects value greatly of course. Sorry if I missed that earlier.

#856 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Yeah, didn't realize it was disassembled and not playable. That affects value greatly of course. Sorry if I missed that earlier.

Nothing too bad. Just few topside components removed so I could remove the bad mylar job. I fully intent to reinstall and test that it's working prior to selling it as fully working. It's been sitting in this state for I don't know how long now in hopes of a new pf...

#857 5 years ago

Duplicate

#858 5 years ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

It's a combination of the 3 screws to hold the flipper post not staying because the post is too worn, and that I can't keep the guides in the proper place even after trying the toothpick trick. Right flipper is good, but the left is still a touch off again. Though I'd really much rather put in fliptronic flippers, but...not on this playfield. Maybe as a test when the CPR ones ever get done.

Well the replacement mechs will solve bushing issues, not sure why your guides would be wandering. I'd recommend giving the upgrade a shot if you like the game. It's really a big improvement over old worn mechs, especially if yours are as rough as having loose bushings. At least rebuild!

#859 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Nothing too bad. Just few topside components removed so I could remove the bad mylar job. I fully intent to reinstall and test that it's working prior to selling it as fully working. It's been sitting in this state for I don't know how long now in hopes of a new pf...

I just put it all back together.

IMG_20190201_2021176 (resized).jpgIMG_20190201_2021176 (resized).jpgIMG_20190201_2021267 (resized).jpgIMG_20190201_2021267 (resized).jpgIMG_20190201_2021325 (resized).jpgIMG_20190201_2021325 (resized).jpg
#860 5 years ago

Does anyone have a cleaner, clearer scan of the main Gorgar manual. I'm especially interested in the page with the sound board as it has a lot of notes regarding sound roms and jumper settings which are a bit hard to read. Here is a capture of what I have.

Sound Board D8224 (resized).jpgSound Board D8224 (resized).jpg
#861 5 years ago
Quoted from mwsmith:

Does anyone have a cleaner, clearer scan of the main Gorgar manual. I'm especially interested in the page with the sound board as it has a lot of notes regarding sound roms and jumper settings which are a bit hard to read. Here is a capture of what I have.[quoted image]

Maybe use the ones on:

http://blackknightpinball.co.uk/wp/

#862 5 years ago

Thanks Timerider. I already have those. I just recently discovered the ones in Gorgar have references to older system 3 & 4 games/roms, that's why I'm after them.

Update: Just found what I wanted in the Blackout manual. Exactly the same, but a much clearer copy.

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from mwsmith:

Thanks Timerider. I already have those. I just recently discovered the ones in Gorgar have references to older system 3 & 4 games/roms, that's why I'm after them.
Update: Just found what I wanted in the Blackout manual. Exactly the same, but a much clearer copy.

Can you post a link to that manual? In case that question comes up again.

#864 5 years ago

I’m officially a club member!

#867 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I’m officially a club member!

Welcome to the club

2 weeks later
#868 5 years ago

I thought I'd post an email for an update I received from CPR regarding Gorgar playfield:
(In short)
>>>"How far along
>>> is the gorgar playfield in getting made? "

"Yes, this is a playfield that's been in our wheelhouse for a while. It
is a 2019 playfield for CPR. Will be done (full production silkscreened
run, not one-offs) before the balance of the year is up.

We have the full painstakingly re-vectored art package from Stu (over
200 hours to complete) and have been collecting names for over 2 years.
We DID reach 100 promised preorder people, finally, in November 2018.
Plus the waiting/standby list has been filling since. So the playfield
is a go for the typical CPR treatment.

The only thing standing in its way are several other runs ahead of it,
all of which are 100+ in size.

To expedite things for those who are antsy, we may do an optional
digital print version (small batch) that comes out sooner - like the
next 2-4 months. But 95% of people prefer silkscreened anyway.

- Kevin"

I can't wait and look forward to this!

-rev

#869 5 years ago

Anyone have any suggestions on the right pitch when leveling this game. I can’t seem to get in a good place.

#870 5 years ago
Quoted from revmex:

I thought I'd post an email for an update I received from CPR regarding Gorgar playfield:
(In short)
>>>"How far along
- Kevin"
-rev

Awesome, can't wait!

#871 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Anyone have any suggestions on the right pitch when leveling this game. I can’t seem to get in a good place.

Pretty happy with mine at 6.5 using the PinGuy just above the flippers between the slings.

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from revmex:

(In short)
>>>"How far along
- Kevin"
-rev

Sweet! Will most likely wait for the silkscreened version. Though would be interesting to hear reviews of the digital printed version as it comes out.

#873 5 years ago

It’s about time on Playfields. I never got notified in November so I wonder if I’m down the list...

#874 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

It’s about time on Playfields. I never got notified in November so I wonder if I’m down the list...

I signed on in November 2017 and didn't get notified in November 2018, not sure they sent out any correspondence yet.

#875 5 years ago

Anyone have an extra left sling plastic hanging around? I should probably just suck it up and order a plastic set cause I have a few others that are cracked, but presentable... However, the color faded from this left sling and the prior owner thought red sharpie was the way to fix it

#876 5 years ago

Little help needed. Just replaced the batteries in my Gorgar and now the 1-4 targets need to be hit 2 times before they light.
I went through all the settings but I can't seem to find one for this. Anyone seen this before?
Thanks

John

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

Little help needed. Just replaced the batteries in my Gorgar and now the 1-4 targets need to be hit 2 times before they light.
I went through all the settings but I can't seem to find one for this. Anyone seen this before?
Thanks
John

Setting 34 should take care of it.

IMG_5053 (resized).PNGIMG_5053 (resized).PNG

Oh wait, do you mean to light the targets or light the star after you hit all 4 targets? If you mean to light the targets I've never seen that before.

#878 5 years ago

Did the price go up on the CPR website for this? I don't remember it being $749 when I signed up...

#879 5 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

Did the price go up on the CPR website for this? I don't remember it being $749 when I signed up...

My email is from October 2016, and it was $649 at the time.

#880 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Setting 34 should take care of it.
[quoted image]
Oh wait, do you mean to light the targets or light the star after you hit all 4 targets? If you mean to light the targets I've never seen that before.

Yes to light the targets

#881 5 years ago

I aligned the game, however the ball seems to roll up the shooter lane about half way and rolls back at the start of each game. Any thoughts additional thoughts on what my issue might be? I'm at 6.5 right now on the flippers.

#882 5 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

My email is from October 2016, and it was $649 at the time.

Thats what I thought it was, wonder if they will honor the original price....

#883 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I aligned the game, however the ball seems to roll up the shooter lane about half way and rolls back at the start of each game. Any thoughts additional thoughts on what my issue might be? I'm at 6.5 right now on the flippers.

Did it work before and this is a new thing? Should be no problem regardless of angle.

Start by checking to see if the shooter tip is contacting the center of the ball. If the shooter rod is misaligned, contacting the ball at the top or bottom will cause problems.

1 month later
#884 5 years ago

About to do another Gorgar restoration,
First was done in chrome, thinking of doing one in black powder coat trim,
Any cool ideas ?

#885 5 years ago

I threw some red legs from Pinball Life on mine after my cabinet restore. I bet the all black would look sweet though...

Gorgar (resized).jpgGorgar (resized).jpg
#886 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I threw some red legs from Pinball Life on mine after my cabinet restore. I bet the all black would look sweet though...
[quoted image]

Red looks hot!

#887 5 years ago

I've got my gorgar first coat of clear down.. the man/woman in front of gorgar is chewed up a bit. Does anyone have very high resolution, 90 degree photos of that area?

I'm considering just wiping them out entirely and doing a slide from photoshop.. matching the flesh tones with that dithering is beyond my artistic capabilities.

#888 5 years ago

Picked up a reproduction mirrored back glass from Planetary Pinball! Looks so good!
4B3E8432-26B5-4C65-89D7-FBA46DDF23BF (resized).jpeg4B3E8432-26B5-4C65-89D7-FBA46DDF23BF (resized).jpegF4293668-B8B0-4877-B851-AE0BEB0F7691 (resized).jpegF4293668-B8B0-4877-B851-AE0BEB0F7691 (resized).jpeg

04425A86-375D-4ABD-AA9E-E13F92BAFD97 (resized).jpeg04425A86-375D-4ABD-AA9E-E13F92BAFD97 (resized).jpeg
#889 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Picked up a reproduction mirrored back glass from Planetary Pinball! Looks so good!
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Definitely need one of those for mine (especially after the CPR playfield gets made). But, ouch... $50 for shipping? I guess Amazon has spoiled me with great shipping rates.

EDIT: found that Marco has shipping approx $10. Much better!!

#890 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

(especially after the CPR playfield gets made).

#891 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Definitely need one of those for mine (especially after the CPR playfield gets made). But, ouch... $50 for shipping? I guess Amazon has spoiled me with great shipping rates.
EDIT: found that Marco has shipping approx $10. Much better!!

Yeah 50 is heavy but that glass was well protected when I got it. The way it was packed kept it super safe from damage so that extra 50 for the shipping is pretty reasonable for how quick I got it and how protected it was when transported.

1 week later
#892 5 years ago

finished my artwork for the slide... now to figure out which one

gorgar (resized).jpggorgar (resized).jpggorgar2 (resized).jpggorgar2 (resized).jpg
#893 5 years ago

Unleash the creative demon. Everyone has the modest Gorgar. Sure someone wants the modded gorgar more.

Make it obscene you can always add modesty decal on final clear for the ward cleavers and tipper gores.

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

finished my artwork for the slide... now to figure out which one [quoted image][quoted image]

Love the clean look. Most of my playfield looks good except the people have been abused.
I'll buy one if you can make an extra. - Glenn

2 weeks later
#895 4 years ago

Hey all. just picked up a Gorgar. Doing a little clean up. Wanting to know if any one has a picture of the proper rubber routing above the in/out lanes? Looks like people have it two different ways. Can't find the proper way in print anywere.

Thanks

#896 4 years ago

whitey
Could you post a picture of your rubber above the in/out lanes, I think yours is th correct way.

I believe the top image is the correct routing. The bottom image seems to be the most common routing.

Screenshot_20190505-223916~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190505-223916~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190505-223122~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190505-223122~2 (resized).png

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Could you post a picture of your rubber o
Above the in/out lanes, I think yours is th correct way.

That's not the way marco ring map is. It goes all the way around all 3 posts like the Williams manual shows.

IMG_5174 (resized).PNGIMG_5174 (resized).PNG
#898 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

That's not the way marco ring map is. It goes all the way around all 3 posts like the Williams manual shows.
[quoted image]

If you follow the Marco chart then you end up with an extra rubber out of the kit...

#899 4 years ago

Looking to do another Gorgar restoration
But want to do something different?
Any suggestions? Was thinking of changing main cabinet color ? Powder coat trim ? Here’s our last one

40B97C4F-052C-40DF-A8D8-15B3BB20CC87 (resized).jpeg40B97C4F-052C-40DF-A8D8-15B3BB20CC87 (resized).jpegC8F136C4-A8FA-4765-88E1-3CED1F596AAD (resized).jpegC8F136C4-A8FA-4765-88E1-3CED1F596AAD (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#900 4 years ago

Can someone please post a pic of the wiring for the snake pit flashers. Mine are always on. Would think it’s a simple wire issue
Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

There are 1,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-back-from-the-dead-and-terrifying/page/18?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.