• Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

This Aint For You.gif
Untitled.jpg
GUEST_03ef37d5-e279-4107-b8e5-4f85e9012dac (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If your kids are 10 or under go with a Nintendo Switch. Mario Party, Mario Kart, Zelda Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey.
If your kids are 11 or older go with a XBOX One or PS4. Both systems have monthly subscription services available for a fee (pay monthly and get access to 200-300 games) or you can just buy games and play them as much as you want. Those systems also have the ability to pay for older system games.

If your kids are any age, buy them the system that has the games they want to play. The idea that Nintendo games are only for kids and Xbox and PlayStation games are only for teens and adults is ridiculous. All the Switch games you mentioned are fantastic for everyone (Well, except maybe Super Mario Party, I was really disappointed by that game), kids through adults, and the other systems have tons of games that are the same way.

Quoted from RyanStl:

The console converting to handheld means nothing to me because the kids all have tablets anyway if they want portable gaming. I would like to get back to Playstation or maybe try an Xbox. I have no loyalty to either.

Definitely something to consider, but it's important to note that you won't find nearly as many quality games on tablets as you will on a portable console.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nintendo is terrible for online and saving data. SOMEONE needs to slap some sense into their Japanese network dev team. They're at least a decade behind Sony and Microsoft. We have all the systems, but Nintendo is SO BACKWARDS with online and cloud stuff. For that reason alone, unless the kids are really young, I wouldn't recommend a switch to a one console person.

Yeah, Nintendo's online is horrible, so if that's important to someone then they should definitely look elsewhere, but I don't know what that has to do with the age of who you're buying for. Outside of their online stuff Nintendo's games tend to be top tier, so anyone looking for great single player or local multiplayer games can still be more than content with just a Switch.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

They really only want a Switch for Fortnite and the portable aspect. I have 5 kids (only 4 care) and no way do I want to deal with who can play the switch by themself. That's why they all have their own tablets. They literally play the same Mario levels over and over and play SM3 on the Wii more than anything. However, once the PS2 was pulled out after finding the games. Tony Hawk 4 is their new favorite game.

Going off of that I don't really think there's a wrong answer here. Sounds like they enjoy a wide variety of genres, so I'm sure there will be plenty of games they'll enjoy on whichever console or service you pick.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nintendo first party games (i.e. The good ones. in general, there's lots of shovelware from 3rd parties) rarely go on sale, so not a great value. And the age of the kid was so he/she won't remember/care that their saves were lost or trapped on a console because of Nintendo's stupid network/cloud code.
Like I said, I'm probably Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft in general, but Microsoft has come on strong, and Gamepass is a ridiculously undeniable value with the promotions that give you a year of it for about the price of ONE physical game. I have no problem recommending it these days.

I dunno about that, if I was a little kid still and lost all my Animal Crossing save data or something like that I'd be devastated. Certainly wouldn't forget about it.

Man I really hope Nintendo allows cloud saves on Animal Crossing... :/

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just was casually aware of how they are handling Animal Crossing, but I was hearing some really bad things like you could only have one town per Switch or something dumb like that, meaning no multiplayer where you visit each other's towns. I don't remember exactly, only that I was not happy about it. They better not screw this up.

Last thing they said is that you can only have one town per system, but that's the way it's always been and they've added local multiplayer for the first time as well. Personally I enjoyed sharing a town growing up, but obviously I can understand why people would be so upset about having to buy a whole new system if they don't want to share a town.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/google-stadia-what-do-you-think?tu=mystman12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.