Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

I chuckle when I see "goodie bag still stapled" in newer Pinball machine ads, I just have to wonder, who are the guys that are ripping these bags off and going through them when they buy a machine? And why do people think that this is going to be THE deal breaker on a sale?

I've seen goodie bags still stapled in heavily routed machines, and bags ripped out on barely used machines (Pulled a Spiderman out of a home where the guy bought it out of a catalog for example).

Now I've pulled the bag out of machines to look at the extra plastics and/or pull a sling plastic out, either I needed the plastic or I figured I'd own the machine for a long time... or... I deserve to rip the bag off since I bought it. I've also snuck a plastic piece out of a bag while it was still stapled to the side of the machine (Yes you can do this on some of them). So I guess I kind of answered my own question to some extent. but it's super rare I ever touch the bag.

Just thought this would be a funny subject... let's hear your "bag still stapled" story!

#2 1 year ago

I think this an entertaining question! Indeed, what does the goody bag being stapled have to do with the value of a machine?! I’ve always held this false value of knowing that my goody bag was still intact wether i bought it NIB or from one of the glorious members of this community. Now, when I see “goody bag still stapled” I’m going to giggle a bit and think abou this article, probably, for the rest of my life...

#3 1 year ago

The first thing I do is rip that bag off the side of the cabinet to get to the keychain plastic. I like to make up my keys to where there's a coin door key and a head box key on the same ring. I also take all the paperwork that came outside the machine and stuff it in that same bag.

#4 1 year ago

It’s a nice perk if the bag is intact. Makes the game feel that much closer to nib. But I wouldn’t pay a dollar more because of it.

#5 1 year ago

Usually the goody bag has spare plastics,stickers or other items. If it's not opened conveys the impression those items were not needed.

#6 1 year ago

Each NIB I have purchased, the first thing I did was rip that bag off and look inside… damned if I am gonna let anyone else open one of those first. They want an untainted bag stapled to the side they can buy a NIB or a game from one of you!

#7 1 year ago

Didn’t you know it increases the value of your machine by at least $500?

#8 1 year ago

Every last one of you goodie bag haters will be bitching about the bag's absence and trying to knock off another $200 when trying to buy a recent release in the aftermarket!!!

You ain't foolin' nobody!

#9 1 year ago

Someone could corner the marketplace with repro goodie bags

#10 1 year ago

I rip the bag out immediately and put everything in the coin box.

#11 1 year ago

It’s stupid to think it’s going to make the game more valuable, if someone said to me “Well the original goodie bag has been torn into, I would say I have other people interested if you don’t want it.

#12 1 year ago

As a collector If I find 2 pins in the same condition, I would drive a bit further to get the one with bag still stapled inside. Just for the fact I know I have extras. Is that worth a bit more money? To some yes. To me yes. To the 1 out of 10 guy looking to save a buck, nope.

#13 1 year ago

Great post. sometimes I peer inside and wonder whats inside the bag on this game? Gosh i want to rip it off the box but never do. My consciense never lets me down.

#14 1 year ago

"Do Not Remove Under Penalty of Law" applies to pinball goodie bags and mattress tags.
    Penalties are severe for those who do not comply. Do so at your own risk!

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from 6S3NC3:

As a collector If I find 2 pins in the same condition, I would drive a bit further to get the one with bag still stapled inside. Just for the fact I know I have extras. Is that worth a bit more money? To some yes. To me yes. To the 1 out of 10 guy looking to save a buck, nope.

Yeah… 9 out of 10 people will drive further for a ‘used’ pin to get the stapled goodie bag. Uh huh.

#16 1 year ago

When the game is 10-20 or more years old and still has a goodie bag, I’d think that’s a good indicator that it hasn’t changed hands much. It’s also kind of cool to still see one in there on a game that old.

#17 1 year ago

Rip that bag out before playing the first game. Leave the staples with some tattered plastic hanging there.

#18 1 year ago

I rip it out on modern Stern's to replace the ugly insider connect card with one of the yellow pricing cards. I also like and use some of the key ring fobs.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

When the game is 10-20 or more years old and still has a goodie bag, I’d think that’s a good indicator that it hasn’t changed hands much. It’s also kind of cool to still see one in there on a game that old.

Ya for sure all the games I got NIB still has the goodie bags in them and still have the games too too me it's looks still NIB

#20 1 year ago

I am guilty of removing the goodie bags. I want to get at the stuff that is in them. I include them when I sell the games though, I suppose if someone wanted they could re-staple them to the cab...

#21 1 year ago

I rip them out on initial setup on new games and used games that come to me with them still in. Its partly to have a look what’s in there and now thinking about it partly because I like anything that doesn’t need to be in the cab, to not be in there. I don’t like shaker motors, if a used game comes to me with one I either remove and sell it or remove it and refit it when I sell the machine. I don’t know why, I guess I’m some sort of cab minimalist lol

I put the bag and any other bits that fit, in the coin box. Then I take the coin box out and put it in a draw. Weird I know. Each of my machines have their own draw with coin box, goodie bag and any mods I’ve removed.

I also prefer to reference a paper manual if I need to over keep pulling up my phone and looking at the digital version.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Every last one of you goodie bag haters will be bitching about the bag's absence and trying to knock off another $200 when trying to buy a recent release in the aftermarket!!!
    You ain't foolin' nobody!

Wait till they start restoring pins 30 years from now and try to replicate bag contents, bag thickness and size and what gauge of staple to use.

#23 1 year ago

There's nothing in the Stern ones anymore. No spare plastics, no manual, no pricing cards, nothing. Honestly, they should have a few spare coil stops and node boards in there. Something useful.

#24 1 year ago

Anyone with a Led Zeppelin Pro missing a Goodie Bag? I no longer have my pin, but do have the full, intact, goodie bag with paperwork and manuals.

$65 shipped.

#25 1 year ago

I want to rip the bag off because I feel it's vibrating on Speaker. But yet I leave it alone; don't really care about keychains or decals.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

There's nothing in the Stern ones anymore. No spare plastics, no manual, no pricing cards, nothing. Honestly, they should have a few spare coil stops and node boards in there. Something useful.

They are cheaping out theses days

#27 1 year ago

My JB Pro had a manual, plastics, outlane post, spare drop stickers.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

I rip them out on initial setup on new games and used games that come to me with them still in. Its partly to have a look what’s in there and now thinking about it partly because I like anything that doesn’t need to be in the cab, to not be in there. I don’t like shaker motors, if a used game comes to me with one I either remove and sell it or remove it and refit it when I sell the machine. I don’t know why, I guess I’m some sort of cab minimalist lol
    I put the bag and any other bits that fit, in the coin box. Then I take the coin box out and put it in a draw. Weird I know. Each of my machines have their own draw with coin box, goodie bag and any mods I’ve removed.
    I also prefer to reference a paper manual if I need to over keep pulling up my phone and looking at the digital version.

I think you have cab ocd issues. That is a bit odd. I say this in good humor and not dissing you. Just. So. Odd.

#29 1 year ago

I always keep them in with the machine they still look NIB that way

#30 1 year ago

i dont ever remove mine or open them. so yeah, that goes in my ad, doesnt mean i want more or less for the machine. just something i mention, so the buyer knows they are getting everything that i got when it was new in box.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

i dont ever remove mine or open them. so yeah, that goes in my ad, doesnt mean i want more or less for the machine. just something i mention, so the buyer knows they are getting everything that i got when it was new in box.

This is the only way that's the best ,I still own my machine from 2007 and still has bag inside in my eyes still is NIB too me

#32 1 year ago

I don't rip the bag off but carefully remove it, including the staples. Then I fill the holes they have pinched into the cabinet, paint the filling and eagerly go through the content of the bag, bragging out loud about Stern been so greedy just adding literally nothing in the bag. Then I hide the bag and the nothing that was in there somewhere safe so my wife cannot find the key chain and use it on her car keys… long story short.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

I think you have cab ocd issues. That is a bit odd. I say this in good humor and not dissing you. Just. So. Odd.

what can I say! I know it's weird but I guess I'm a cab minimalist!

#34 1 year ago

I take all of mine off (yes I remove the staples from the cab) and file them away accordingly... To each there own I guess...

#35 1 year ago

I leave them stapled in the game until I need something from it. Then use what I needed and sort the rest into appropriate places for later use.

LTG : )

#36 1 year ago

If you go back 15 or 20 years, it was a big deal to have a huo machine as most of them were routed at some point. Having the goodie bag stapled inside or a goodie bag at all, was an indicator of HUO. btw, I’ve taken the large rectangular sticker out of a few newer Sterns that have gone through my hands. I like sticking them to my game room door

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Yeah… 9 out of 10 people will drive further for a ‘used’ pin to get the stapled goodie bag. Uh huh.

I did not say "further" I said "a bit further".

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I did not say "further" I said "a bit further".

Ha. Thanks for clearing that up for us! One certainly wouldn’t want to put words in your mouth.

#39 1 year ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again. People put a big premium on "HUO" or whether goody bags are stapled to the cabinet or not. Who cares?? The ONLY thing that matters is game condition! I have seen plenty of HUO games that were played to death by a family of teenagers, never waxed or maintained, and look like crap. I've also seen lots of game that were heavily routed, but waxed regularly and well maintained, and they are pristine. Nothing beats looking at the game in person and evaluating the condition for yourself. HUO might mean something, or it might mean nothing at all.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. People put a big premium on "HUO" or whether goody bags are stapled to the cabinet or not. Who cares?? The ONLY thing that matters is game condition! I have seen plenty of HUO games that were played to death by a family of teenagers, never waxed or maintained, and look like crap. I've also seen lots of game that were heavily routed, but waxed regularly and well maintained, and they are pristine. Nothing beats looking at the game in person and evaluating the condition for yourself. HUO might mean something, or it might mean nothing at all.

People say this all the time, but In over 20 years of doing this I’ve never seen an actual HUO machine that was anything less than pristine.

Where are you guys finding these trashed HUO games ?!

#41 1 year ago

Ya I always look with my own eyes too really tell the true story

#42 1 year ago

I am selling Rush LE and premium Goodie Bags,only 200 left.50 bucks plus shipping

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #43 1 year ago

What a deal this is lol

#44 1 year ago

yeah wait till you guys find out about this store called "staples" I mean, anything is possible; you could put two goodie bags in there!

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People say this all the time, but In over 20 years of doing this I’ve never seen an actual HUO machine that was anything less than pristine.
    Where are you guys finding these trashed HUO games ?!

That's because these machines were not HUO. They were HUO after having been on route for several years. But the owner says it is HUO because HE only used it at home.

#46 1 year ago

I rip the bag out looking for more evidence that my purchase was worth the money I paid.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goodie-bag-still-stapled-lmao- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.