Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen-Shot-2012-09-25-at-12.15.35-AM..png
    images.jpg
    photo(32).JPG
    lebron-james-crying-jemblog.jpg
    331pancake_rabbit_2io8.jpg
    images.jpeg
    Pinball_baby.jpg
    baby-Cry.gif
    buckwheat_otay.jpg
    Pinball_baby.jpg
    crybaby.jpg
    images.jpeg
    Jordan.jpg
    sad.jpg
    Peyton-Manning-face-11-228x228.jpg
    crying_cowboy_kid.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Goodbye Tron. I will miss you.

IMG_6193.jpgIMG_6193.jpg IMG_6605.jpgIMG_6605.jpg IMG_6606.jpgIMG_6606.jpg IMG_6607.jpgIMG_6607.jpg IMG_0455.jpgIMG_0455.jpg

#2 11 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 11 years ago

It's OK...you can come visit my Tron if you have withdrawl!

#4 11 years ago

hell_no.jpghell_no.jpg

#5 11 years ago

Note to anyone shipping a game with legs on, the blanket picture is how it should look. The first picture without the blanket was like mine, and it was damaged.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Note to anyone shipping a game with legs on, the blanket picture is how it should look. The first picture without the blanket was like mine, and it was damaged.

Yes, definitely. The first pic was my prep only. This was what STI said to do. Lower the head and secure it. I added padding to the face of the head to prevent damage and wrapped it. All the goodies were bubble-wrapped and secured into the coin box, which was hitch-pinned into place. Nothing is coming loose here. STI did a stellar job blanketing and corner-boarding the pin, followed by layers of wrap, then a secure belting into the truck. There's nothing else that could have been done to secure it for a safe trip. This is my first stab at shipping a pin and I wanted to nail it.

Now I'll go sob more about losing my Tron. What did I do!?

#7 11 years ago

Bet you're crying all the way to the bank!

#8 11 years ago

Then why did you sell?

#9 11 years ago

why?

business-man-crying.jpgbusiness-man-crying.jpg

#10 11 years ago

What's gonna replace tron?

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

What's gonna replace tron?

NOTHING CAN!!!!!!!!! ....well maybe AC/DC Prem...hehe.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

NOTHING CAN!!!!!!!!! ....well maybe AC/DC Prem...hehe.

Truth.

#13 11 years ago

I'm assuming from yr Past Collection list that this is a Tron Pro you sold ,, Did you get Burned out play-n it ? Why did you sell it ? If you don't mind me ask-n .

#14 11 years ago

Sold it for what I had into it.

Played it, enjoyed it, will regret selling it - just like every other pin that's passed through my hands (really, no exceptions). I have space limits and I had my good times. There's so many great pins I've never played and time is short. Tron was an adrenaline rush just like IM (sold early this year). They almost overshadow all my other pins. I needed to walk away and move on. Now someone post another hysterical human picture so I can get a good laugh and get on with it already....

#15 11 years ago

damn sure was nice.

crying_cowboy_kid.jpgcrying_cowboy_kid.jpg

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I'm assuming from yr Past Collection list that this is a Tron Pro you sold ,, Did you get Burned out play-n it ? Why did you sell it ? If you don't mind me ask-n .

For the same reason people will be selling their ACDC's, because times change. Fever's break. It's just pinball.

Post edited by TheFamilyArcade : Didn't want to sound sarcastic

#17 11 years ago

Peyton-Manning-face-11-228x228.jpgPeyton-Manning-face-11-228x228.jpg

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Played it, enjoyed it, will regret selling it - just like every other pin that's passed through my hands (really, no exceptions). I have space limits and I had my good times. There's so many great pins I've never played and time is short. Tron was an adrenaline rush just like IM (sold early this year). They almost overshadow all my other pins. I needed to walk away and move on. Now someone post another hysterical human picture so I can get a good laugh and get on with it already....

I hear that...

I've been in a year and 4 months... I've got room for 3 at most and I'm about to get #10... I haven't owned one yet that I regret owning. I'll regret that I didn't really get to play Time Machine before it goes...but ya know what....Time Machine is relatively easy to find, and I just put another dead one back out into the pool, working.

I regret most of them leaving though.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Can hardly wait 'till you get sick of bsd

#20 11 years ago

This thread cracked me up...the pics are priceless....kinda like Tron.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

For the same reason people will be selling their ACDC's

LOL....I'll be cremated with mine.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

For the same reason people will be selling their ACDC's, because times change. Fever's break. It's just pinball.
    Post edited by TheFamilyArcade : Didn't want to sound sarcastic

ACDC.....there is no substitute!!!! That's my new slogan from now on. All my others I can see letting go at some point.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

ACDC.....there is no substitute!!!! That's my no slogan from now on. All my others I can see letting go at some point.

Yeah man...for me AC/DC Prem/LE and Tron LE have that *IT* factor that makes me feel like I wouldn't even miss my other games if I sold them all off.

#25 11 years ago

I'm not ever shipping on a pallet again. STI/NAVL is the way to go (and i'll likely try out Uship one day).

Just had my 4th machine damaged in the last year via pallet. They just get handled way too much from truck / port / truck / port etc

#29 11 years ago

You sound like me bro ,, Buy, Pimp , Play then Sell.. it's all Cool !! I want to Play'em all too..

Pinball_baby.jpgPinball_baby.jpg buckwheat_otay.jpgbuckwheat_otay.jpg baby-Cry.gifbaby-Cry.gif

#30 11 years ago

wtf is that..... that will make anyone cry!!!

Pinball_baby.jpgPinball_baby.jpg images.jpegimages.jpeg

#31 11 years ago

Nothing to see here...

331pancake_rabbit_2io8.jpg331pancake_rabbit_2io8.jpg

#32 11 years ago

lebron-james-crying-jemblog.jpglebron-james-crying-jemblog.jpg

#33 11 years ago

I don't know what all the sad faces are about. Tron is not that great of a game. I don't even understand why some of you are so ape shit about it. It's average at best.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

It's Mileena.

#35 11 years ago

I just sold my beautiful princess, TOTAN. I feel your pain. Only much more. I sold Tron once so I know. This one hurts.

photo(32).JPGphoto(32).JPG

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't know what all the sad faces are about. Tron is not that great of a game. I don't even understand why some of you are so ape shit about it. It's average at best.

You judge games based on their prices, not on their fun. If you can separate yourself from the price factor, you would be one step closer to seeing why Tron is so f*cking awesome.

#37 11 years ago

Captain, what game do you like since 1990?

#38 11 years ago

I gotta agree with Neo, Tron just doesn't have 'it' for me.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

No Comment ( Yet ),, I've Only played the LE 1-tyme and the Pro 1-tyme , but I'm Gonna have fun and do as many mods as I can . I Really want to install the Fiber Optic wire for the ramp's .. I'll Only do that if i decide to keep it lOnger than 6 mth's...

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

Thats Micheal Jackson on the day he croaked .... he was teaching little boys how to eat black crayons... LOL

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You judge games based on their prices, not on their fun. If you can separate yourself from the price factor, you would be one step closer to seeing why Tron is so f*cking awesome.

I don't judge them on price at all. CV is my favorite game of all time. It's expensive as shit..even more than Tron. I've played Tron a ton. Played the LE a ton. And it's still Meh at best. Ac/Dc is better. I like Dark Knight better and even TF. Has nothing to do with price. I'm not looking for a Tron so I couldn't even tell you what they are selling for right now. I've seen some stupid prices here and there, and know that it's one of the few sterns that actually went up after opening the box, but I couldn't give you any exact numbers. I just dont' think the game is all that fun. Layout is nothing spectacular and the rules are average at best. If I thought it was awesome, i'd own one. I own every game I like.

#42 11 years ago

Now I'll go sob more about losing my Tron. What did I do!?

All you need is some "dual possession"

images.jpgimages.jpg Screen-Shot-2012-09-25-at-12.15.35-AM..pngScreen-Shot-2012-09-25-at-12.15.35-AM..png

#43 11 years ago

Goodbye Tron, hello cash!

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't judge them on price at all. CV is my favorite game of all time. It's expensive as shit..even more than Tron. I've played Tron a ton. Played the LE a ton. And it's still Meh at best. Ac/Dc is better. I like Dark Knight better and even TF. Has nothing to do with price. I'm not looking for a Tron so I couldn't even tell you what they are selling for right now. I've seen some stupid prices here and there, and know that it's one of the few sterns that actually went up after opening the box, but I couldn't give you any exact numbers. I just dont' think the game is all that fun. Layout is nothing spectacular and the rules are average at best. If I thought it was awesome, i'd own one. I own every game I like.

That is, indeed, one of the joys of pinball. I like TRON but do not like CV. Go figure. Yet in the end it means nothing as both machines have earned a lot of respect in the pinball community as they are both solid and fun, but just might allure to different types. For example, I really liked owning a Shrek and only moved it in a trade for a MB, yet most really do not like Shrek (and I would own it again if the conditions were right).

I still follow the motto of play what you like and have fun.

#45 11 years ago

CV is eye candy ... wonderful art, but I just felt something was missing in the gameplay. To each his own. I won't crap on it as I never know. One day it may grow on me and I'll have to have one. The back story on CV, if I recall correctly, is that distributors couldn't give the game away back in the day. They were dumping them off at stupid-cheap prices. Today - it's coveted gold to some. Give me a Paragon and I'm happy as can be for a fraction of the price.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

The back story on CV, if I recall correctly, is that distributors couldn't give the game away back in the day. They were dumping them off at stupid-cheap prices. Today - it's coveted gold to some.

Yep.....They were closed out for around 2k.

#47 11 years ago

actually they were even cheaper $1700. But back then, they didn't have the Home Roms. Which Cameron made on his own time well after williams closed it's doors. Did some vast improvements to the Game. It is eye candy, but I like it for it's massive chaos of stackable multiballs and unique playfield layout/ruleset. With the quirky eerie cirqus feel. TZ is a better game on paper tho as far as rules and toys go. It's my second favorite and I know it deserves to be number 1, but there is some stupid fun element that CV has that captivated me the first time I've ever seen or played one on route. By game 2 I was hooked and no game has done that to me since 93. To each there own, but not everyone has to agree which titles are the greatest thing ever and which ones are not. Lovers will voice their opinions, and people on the other side of the spectrum will voice theirs. I don't hate tron, but it doesn't give me an instant hard on either.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goodbye-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.