Topic Stats

• 160 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by stoptap
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
weird_(resized).jpg
IMG-20160801-WA0005_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
space_jam_keep_complete_(resized).JPG
Space_Jam_(11)_(resized).JPG
IMG_8927_(resized).JPG
Bender_(resized).JPG
IMGP6495_(resized).JPG
6736812.jpeg
1_(resized).JPG
f85104be7e9dedbeca1c6dfa54ab34efcf129e0a1c6e4d01a09de8ec32202b2a_(resized).jpg
Attach36219_20160721_081854_(resized).jpg
burn06_(resized).jpg
vf3_(resized).jpg
spacejam2_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Fucking inbred rednecks with bad teeth.

University educated, a doctor, successful businessmen, put on some of the biggest pinball and video game shows the UK has ever seen, raised thousands of pounds for cancer charities thru pinball and other events .........yep rednecks ....you got us ..how did you know ?

I'll give you the bad teeth though Apart from Will who is more pampered than a boudoir poodle.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Wow dude, that's pretty dumb. Thanks for destroying part of our hobby. Get out of here, you're not welcome.

Wow .....lighten up pinsiders.

As stated the machine was a BASKETCASE, it came as part of a job lot with another much better SJ. It was quickly clear that this one was beyond salvaging , you prob cant see in the video but

The playfield had some horrendous wear/touchups/patchups
Most targets etc were broken/unusable.
Many major mechs were missing ... kickers, pop bumper mechs
Metal parts were mostly rusted/corroded
Plastic stuff cracked and busted all over
Missing game specific parts
I could go on ....

Anything useful was used on the better SJ.

Cooldan tried his hardest to sell this POS - basically at bottom dollar price - that of the working boards and dmd. NOBODY was interested ...NOBODY. Not a single person wanted to take this on. And we know a LOT of people on the pinball scene.

Anything SALVAGEABLE was taken off. Hell, we even had to stop Dan taking every last nut and bolt from underneath or we would have been there all night. Yes hypothetically there could be someone out there in the world that wanted a f**ked SJ playfield ...but I doubt it somehow.

So then when we basically had a painted wooden box filled with junk ... we had some fun with. F.U.N ....remember that ?? ...Good old fashioned childlike smashing stuff up fun.

Nobody got hurt, nobody got offended ..until now Seriously some of you guys need to remove the shooter rod from yr ass and enjoy life.

And believe it or not beyond 1 ...yes 1 beer shared between 2 ...we were all entirely sober.

In regards to destroying the hobby - you clearly know nothing about any of us. See my above post regarding charity work, pinshows etc Not to mention the many games we have saved over the years.

As for anyone hating the music, its frickin Iggy Pop ....show some respect !!! Maybe we should have used Rush

Love and peace from your friends across the pond.

#39 3 years ago

Bad Girls up next here we are raising a glass to her . Cheers !

uploadfromtaptalk1461097139447_(1)_(resized).jpg

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

And you're still destroying the hobby for?

the hobby !! the hobby !! the almighty, all seeing hobby !!

Get some perspective. I explained above. This machine was JUNK .... between us we have been in the 'almighty, all seeing hobby' for decades, have owned, restored hundreds of machines. We know JUNK. Do you think for one minute we would destroy a working machine? Or valuable parts.

You weren't there, you didnt see the machine - the ramps may look ok from the video but they were JUNK, warps, cracks, broken etc. Do you get it. It was JUNK. Our JUNK to do with as we pleased.

Perspective please.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You can tell they're dumb asses.
ยป YouTube video

Wow. Thanks for the insult. Do you know me ? Do you know my family or friends ?

So some guys have a couple of beers and have silly fun in the games room ?? WOW - call the fun police ! These guys are dumbasses and I can prove it ! Look they have feathers, and a beer and everything.

You must be a lot of fun to hang out with.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

The translite could have been saved though. I'll give you that!
Honestly, these are good guys that love pinball. It was just a bit of fun.

Actually the translite was saved - Matt is a total softy and rescued it intact . The backbox never really caught light which was a bitter disappointment to all involved

Here it is pictured today.

IMG-20160801-WA0005_(resized).jpg

#151 3 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

I'll bring Johnny Thunders and the Damned, and we will put a little "danger" back into pinball (which was cooler when it was countercultural and had the power to enrage folks like mayor La Guardia).
Also, lighten up Francis(s)! I sometimes get the impression that many Pinsiders enjoy hanging out here griping/arguing/being curmudgeonly old farts more than they enjoy actually playing the games! I thought the guys were hilarious; it was their f'n machine to do with as they pleased, the entertainment value from its destruction was apparently worth more to them than tediously parting it out any further, and in the end they were STILL left with one good machine - good times!

^^^^ Thank the maker .........someone 'gets' it. Hit us up mate if you are ever over here for some pinball and beer fun

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Richmond, VA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delray Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 2.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Pinball Machine
Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 47.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 430.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside