IMGP6495_(resized).JPG
6736812.jpeg
1_(resized).JPG
f85104be7e9dedbeca1c6dfa54ab34efcf129e0a1c6e4d01a09de8ec32202b2a_(resized).jpg
Attach36219_20160721_081854_(resized).jpg
burn06_(resized).jpg
vf3_(resized).jpg
spacejam2_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooldan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

To be listed on eBay as a project.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#69 7 years ago

Woah, well that was quite a reaction. Sorry not to reply before, I posted it in Bangkok airport just before boarding my flight back to London.

I admit that we did know *exactly* what reaction this would get. And thanks for not disappointing us! The TNT roof video gave me the same reaction when I first saw it ...... then later I heard the back story and realised nobody wanted to come and take his rubbish away for free, and he wasn't prepared to pay to ship it miles to someone.

When I received this game imported on a pallet from Italy with others, I discovered that some operator had filled in two playfield saucers, and robbed whatever used to lie below them. After much searching I realised that those parts were unobtanium. The rest is history. As stated above, almost anything of value was removed. And then we had some fun with it. Initially we were gonna drive a fast car into it (relax, it was gonna be a MOT failure) but then the dumper truck came up. I was hoping it'd roll over the top, monster truck style, but meh, what are you gonna do?

Nobody meant any disrespect to our American friends by suggesting you all love guns and Trump. It's true, we are all dumb rednecks over here in little England. Us Brits are famous for wishing we had as good a sense of humour as you Americans!

Anyway peace out. My bags just arrived here in Heathrow so I'd better get myself off to my dentist pronto.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I own a Space Jam and I could have used that plastic behind the Wabbit Hole.
I've been trying to find plastics for this game for years.

what, this one?

yeah, that is a tragedy i agree. i feel bad about that now.

IMG_8927_(resized).JPGIMG_8927_(resized).JPG

you can see those two saucers i mentioned in this picture as well. maybe i can suggest you make one? using many of the plans on the internet, some lexan and a printer. i swapped all the plastics that weren't completely snapped up like the one you mention, to my working Space Jam. anything you see in the video was basically unrepairable junk. even the legs were all rusted up and bent, with mangled rusted feet. do you want a nice lock down bar perhaps?

Space_Jam_(11)_(resized).JPGSpace_Jam_(11)_(resized).JPG

one thing about this thread, is that at least the forum moderators didn't just step in themselves and join the baying mob. right? because they moderate instead of instigate, and so they set an example to others. sheesh.

i hope some of the angry ones up there remember to step back and enjoy life. everything has a natural beginning and a natural end. even that beloved thing so dear to all our hearts, pinball. you can nowadays make flat missing plastics fairly easily. the internet is awash with replacement parts for 90s games. knackered old parts are not worth saving when their value is less than postage, and when they're twisted, rusted bent and decayed, beyond what the time-to-try-to-fix is worth. for rare and popular items yes, for the others, sorry no.

that Queen Kate teeth picture was fantastic btw, i enjoyed that one. though i expect by now she's been sent to the royal toothologist. actually when i think of perfect American teeth, you know which image springs to mind? that dentist who shot a lion for his pleasure. i expect that what we did may seem to some of you to be very similar. yes. yes, like on a dog forum.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

whats your next sacrificial pin ?
those wireforms didnt look too bad, no ?

maybe not. so what, you're saying i should have taken them out, photographed them up, listed them on ebay and here and lots of forums, then packaged them up and posted them to someone for $30 or something?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooldan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goodbye-space-jam?tu=cooldan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.