IMGP6495_(resized).JPG
6736812.jpeg
1_(resized).JPG
f85104be7e9dedbeca1c6dfa54ab34efcf129e0a1c6e4d01a09de8ec32202b2a_(resized).jpg
Attach36219_20160721_081854_(resized).jpg
burn06_(resized).jpg
vf3_(resized).jpg
spacejam2_(resized).png

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Bet it is nice in TWATT?

Twatt was fully penetrated

#102 7 years ago

But sometimes I go to the other side....

Bender_(resized).JPGBender_(resized).JPG

#103 7 years ago

Matt, I think that's a uniquely British term. Don't think I've heard that used since the 80s. Made me laugh though

#104 7 years ago

I am a man living in the past. Maybe Twat is as well then?!!! Needless to say we entered Bender via the back door

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I own a Space Jam and I could have used that plastic behind the Wabbit Hole.
I've been trying to find plastics for this game for years.

what, this one?

yeah, that is a tragedy i agree. i feel bad about that now.

IMG_8927_(resized).JPGIMG_8927_(resized).JPG

you can see those two saucers i mentioned in this picture as well. maybe i can suggest you make one? using many of the plans on the internet, some lexan and a printer. i swapped all the plastics that weren't completely snapped up like the one you mention, to my working Space Jam. anything you see in the video was basically unrepairable junk. even the legs were all rusted up and bent, with mangled rusted feet. do you want a nice lock down bar perhaps?

Space_Jam_(11)_(resized).JPGSpace_Jam_(11)_(resized).JPG

one thing about this thread, is that at least the forum moderators didn't just step in themselves and join the baying mob. right? because they moderate instead of instigate, and so they set an example to others. sheesh.

i hope some of the angry ones up there remember to step back and enjoy life. everything has a natural beginning and a natural end. even that beloved thing so dear to all our hearts, pinball. you can nowadays make flat missing plastics fairly easily. the internet is awash with replacement parts for 90s games. knackered old parts are not worth saving when their value is less than postage, and when they're twisted, rusted bent and decayed, beyond what the time-to-try-to-fix is worth. for rare and popular items yes, for the others, sorry no.

that Queen Kate teeth picture was fantastic btw, i enjoyed that one. though i expect by now she's been sent to the royal toothologist. actually when i think of perfect American teeth, you know which image springs to mind? that dentist who shot a lion for his pleasure. i expect that what we did may seem to some of you to be very similar. yes. yes, like on a dog forum.

#106 7 years ago

whats your next sacrificial pin ?

those wireforms didnt look too bad, no ?

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

whats your next sacrificial pin ?
those wireforms didnt look too bad, no ?

maybe not. so what, you're saying i should have taken them out, photographed them up, listed them on ebay and here and lots of forums, then packaged them up and posted them to someone for $30 or something?

#108 7 years ago

Us Brits could have got together and chewed off the rust with our appalling teeth, bent the wireforms back in to shape and then set up some kind of pledge/donation scheme to send them off to the most 'needy' Space Jam owners.

Honestly cooldan....why did you not think of this....

#109 7 years ago

Loving all the bad teeth jokes. You Brits are alright. Glad we saved your asses back in WWII.

BTW that dentist who shot the lion was a real asshole.

#110 7 years ago

Wondering if you blokes can verify something for me. I recently read (online, so it must be true!) that in all of Europe, English birds have the largest fun-bags. 60% are a D cup or larger !!! 60 fckn percent...can that possibly be ?? Gonna need some pics, and an airline ticket pronto.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

American's is plural so I think you were calling out a few of us. Unless you were referring yourself as well. Cause I think you would be right with that one.

(American's) is possessive, (Americans) would be plural. Never mind, and good luck to you.

#112 7 years ago

the translite and playfield could have been sold for at least 100$ together. oh well, get drunk and burn some shit up i guess.

#113 7 years ago

Ok, I admit my initial comment was a bit harsh. Sorry about that.

In all fairness, there was no indication who recorded/posted the video--if it was you or just some random video on the net.

I appreciate the follow-up photos. I don't feel quite as bad, but I still do think there were still a lot of salvageable parts left, even if some of the most desirable parts weren't usable.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

the translite and playfield could have been sold for at least 100$ together. oh well, get drunk and burn some shit up i guess.

Seriously, the playfield was horrific. There was a huge section on it that had been painted brown for some reason! I was not there for the sacrifice but I did see pics of the game a while ago. It was a mess.
Also, Dan also has a working Space Jam in his collection. So of course he saved all the parts he could. The plastics etc that were left on were not worth saving.
The translite could have been saved though. I'll give you that!

Honestly, these are good guys that love pinball. It was just a bit of fun.

#115 7 years ago

I cleaned up my workshop last week and I threw away the gay "cat" plastic I had removed from Lethal Weapon 3 back when I owned it.

I should've taken a video of me snapping it in half and posted it just to see the outrage.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

Seriously, the playfield was horrific

but, it was totally populated, topside and bottom. irregardless of the condition of the pf, i am sure some people would have liked the components for their sega whitestar machines (interchangeable). a lot of stuff looked good on it, just saying. glad you guys had fun.

#117 7 years ago

let us all just take a deep breath, and remember that these guys are British. did you seriously expect more class?

#118 7 years ago

I have a mostly populated playfield if anyone needs parts.

space_jam_keep_complete_(resized).JPGspace_jam_keep_complete_(resized).JPG

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

You should probably just smash it

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

Are you thinking "Shall I burn it, or, should I be going down the AK47 route?"

#121 7 years ago

But what about the D CUPS ??

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#123 7 years ago

LOL. You kill me brougham. We gotta get together soon...

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Nah. It's all lies. Lies I tell you.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You would never get past looking at their teeth my friend

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

LOL. You kill me brougham. We gotta get together soon...

I'm in Indy/Columbus a couple nights a month, hit you up next time I'm in town

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

The translite could have been saved though. I'll give you that!
Honestly, these are good guys that love pinball. It was just a bit of fun.

Actually the translite was saved - Matt is a total softy and rescued it intact . The backbox never really caught light which was a bitter disappointment to all involved

Here it is pictured today.

IMG-20160801-WA0005_(resized).jpgIMG-20160801-WA0005_(resized).jpg

#128 7 years ago

Well there you go! It was saved!

#129 7 years ago

I'd like to see you guys blow up one of these fancy new machines. Like a GBLE, a Hobbit, or maybe an MMr. That would give people something the cheer about.

#130 7 years ago

an orbitor would have been a better choice

#131 7 years ago

weird_(resized).jpgweird_(resized).jpg

#132 7 years ago

Ha...that old pf still has less ghosting than a new Stern.

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from cooldan:

one thing about this thread, is that at least the forum moderators didn't just step in themselves and join the baying mob. right? because they moderate instead of instigate, and so they set an example to others. sheesh

The moderators of this site are also members of this site and actively participate here. ForceFlow made a comment as a regular member, he is allowed and encouraged to do so as he deems fit.

You were not moderated. The person who now drug in moderation to this thread was you alone with your comment directed at ForceFlow as a moderator. Again, you are not being moderated but I want to be clear - if you have an issue with our volunteer staff you may only raise that issue in a feedback thread to us, not here like you elected to do.

#134 7 years ago

so a moderator can publicly criticize and and the OP cannot be given the right to publicly reply ?

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The moderators of this site are also members of this site and actively participate here. ForceFlow made a comment as a regular member, he is allowed and encouraged to do so as he deems fit.
You were not moderated. The person who now drug in moderation to this thread was you alone with your comment directed at ForceFlow as a moderator. Again, you are not being moderated but I want to be clear - if you have an issue with our volunteer staff you may only raise that issue in a feedback thread to us, not here like you elected to do.

Exactly, How would you ever get someone to volunteer to moderate(yes they are necessary), if they can't enjoy this site.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from bartron:

so someone can publicly criticize and and the OP cannot be given the right to publicly reply ?

I understand it is late where you are at so I'll have some patience for your question, though you should know this after being here for ten years anyway:

ForceFlow is a member of this site. He made a comment as a member of this site. He did not issue a moderation. He did not mention moderation. He did not provide instructions of how the OP should behave here. He made a base comment about the subject here.

Your friend responded to this by making a public attack on a volunteer moderator in his role as as a moderator. Your friend could have quoted ForceFlow's statement and then responded with his viewpoint on why ForceFlow was wrong, that would be fine, but he elected not to do this...he instead unambiguously said ForceFlow did something wrong as a moderator, which is absolutely not the case.

If you would like to discuss this aspect of the thread further, open a feedback thread bartron...

#138 7 years ago

It's done, nothing can be done about that.. I just mentioned they burned up a lot of part money. I just wish it had been a street fighter II, they tossed one of those off the roof, the more of that title destroyed the better!

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from cooldan:

what, this one?
yeah, that is a tragedy i agree. i feel bad about that now.

you can see those two saucers i mentioned in this picture as well. maybe i can suggest you make one? using many of the plans on the internet, some lexan and a printer. i swapped all the plastics that weren't completely snapped up like the one you mention, to my working Space Jam. anything you see in the video was basically unrepairable junk. even the legs were all rusted up and bent, with mangled rusted feet. do you want a nice lock down bar perhaps?

one thing about this thread, is that at least the forum moderators didn't just step in themselves and join the baying mob. right? because they moderate instead of instigate, and so they set an example to others. sheesh.
i hope some of the angry ones up there remember to step back and enjoy life. everything has a natural beginning and a natural end. even that beloved thing so dear to all our hearts, pinball. you can nowadays make flat missing plastics fairly easily. the internet is awash with replacement parts for 90s games. knackered old parts are not worth saving when their value is less than postage, and when they're twisted, rusted bent and decayed, beyond what the time-to-try-to-fix is worth. for rare and popular items yes, for the others, sorry no.
that Queen Kate teeth picture was fantastic btw, i enjoyed that one. though i expect by now she's been sent to the royal toothologist. actually when i think of perfect American teeth, you know which image springs to mind? that dentist who shot a lion for his pleasure. i expect that what we did may seem to some of you to be very similar. yes. yes, like on a dog forum.

Actually that plastic, although no where near perfect, is about the same condition of the one I have now. So no loss there.

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Actually the translite was saved - Matt is a total softy and rescued it intact . The backbox never really caught light which was a bitter disappointment to all involved
Here it is pictured today.

Awww. What a beautiful smile.

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

let us all just take a deep breath, and remember that these guys are British. did you seriously expect more class?

I am glad I have met so many nice Americans,
or I may have thought your comments were normal

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

So it's been 2 days and no one contacted me for parts, interesting.
I would like to take this time to thank the UK for some of the worlds greatest bands, here's a few off top o my head:

Beatles
Yes
Led Zeppelin
Queen
King Crimson
Porcupine Tree
Pink Floyd
Black Sabbath
Gomez
Genesis
Cream
John Mayall
Eric Clapton
Deep Purple
Iron Maiden
John McLaughlin
Motorhead
Rod Stewart
Fleetwood Mac
Bowie
Who
Jeff Beck
Rolling Stones
Roxy Music
Ozric Tentacles
Stone Roses
Alex Harvey
Camel
Caravan
Alan Parsons

#143 7 years ago

I believe you forgot one

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#144 7 years ago

You forgot CARCASS !!!
But really, where would my ears be without our Mum England ? Lost. They'd be headless, and lost.

#145 7 years ago

So it's been 2 days and no one contacted me for parts, interesting.

Beepnutz,

Don't forget Uriah Heep!

BTW, do you have more plastics for SJ?

#146 7 years ago

I did forget UH, seen them a couple times, another great band.
What you see in the picture is what I have.

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I, for one, would love to party with you dudes. I'll bring my Stooges albums, you guys bring stuff we can annihilate.

I'll bring Johnny Thunders and the Damned, and we will put a little "danger" back into pinball (which was cooler when it was countercultural and had the power to enrage folks like mayor La Guardia).

Also, lighten up Francis(s)! I sometimes get the impression that many Pinsiders enjoy hanging out here griping/arguing/being curmudgeonly old farts more than they enjoy actually playing the games! I thought the guys were hilarious; it was their f'n machine to do with as they pleased, the entertainment value from its destruction was apparently worth more to them than tediously parting it out any further, and in the end they were STILL left with one good machine - good times!

#148 7 years ago

Rat Scabies ? Just got rid of em.

#149 7 years ago

Oops. That was the other Damned. Probably a lot of other Damneds.

#150 7 years ago

This Damned:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goodbye-space-jam/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.