IMGP6495_(resized).JPG
6736812.jpeg
1_(resized).JPG
f85104be7e9dedbeca1c6dfa54ab34efcf129e0a1c6e4d01a09de8ec32202b2a_(resized).jpg
Attach36219_20160721_081854_(resized).jpg
burn06_(resized).jpg
vf3_(resized).jpg
spacejam2_(resized).png

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

To be listed on eBay as a project.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

Well, that was painful to see. Plenty of folks would have enjoyed owning one and now there is one less in the world. And you can't even use the parts from it since they mauled it and torched it so badly. Idiots.

#3 7 years ago

All it needed was a fuse!

#4 7 years ago

Is there a back story as to why it was destroyed?

Note, how the cabinet and back box held up to the abuse, well, until the last bit.

#5 7 years ago

At least the music was good.(?)

#6 7 years ago

It's a damn shame. They probably only did for YouTube views

#8 7 years ago

I played one for the first time last week and thought it a fun, family friendly game. It's just not a great license... Well the looney toons are cool, but not so much MJ.

Rob

#9 7 years ago

The people who make these videos must be compensating for something.

#10 7 years ago

Moron's, just destroyed about 800 bucks in parts, and that is assuming they took out the boards! If they left the boards in, even more!

#11 7 years ago

What was the point of this? Fucking inbred rednecks.

#12 7 years ago

What a bunch of dumb asses. Pretty rare game too. If you don't like the game, let someone else enjoy it. Find a new hobby, we don't need people like you in this one.

#13 7 years ago

Wow dude, that's pretty dumb. Thanks for destroying part of our hobby. Get out of here, you're not welcome.

#14 7 years ago

You can tell they're dumb asses.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

It's a damn shame. They probably only did for YouTube views

Their YouTube vids are poorly edited with horrible musical bedding

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Fucking inbred rednecks.

You do know they are in England right?

FacePalm_(resized).jpgFacePalm_(resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

and?

#19 7 years ago

Holy White Trash, Batman!

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Fucking inbred rednecks with bad teeth.

#21 7 years ago

Well at least the backglass held up.

#22 7 years ago

To quote Mr. Mackey from South Park, "Drugs are Bad!"

This could be proof.

#23 7 years ago

Ok so maybe it should have been best to have added that we stripped out every single salvageable part from the machine , including wire harnesses , looms , nuts targets down its bare bones.

The machine was a second space jam bought and imported from Europe to make a fully working space jam.
Now considering we are from a country that doesn't even know who Michael Jordan is I think we did the pinball world a solid there.

Anyway it was fun to take up some pent up aggression and find new ways of destroying the machine .

Over here in England we have to be a little more creative , and we unlike you lot can't just walk into our local supermarket and pick up an AK47 and some armour piercing bullets and start shooting the crap out of it .

#24 7 years ago

And of course there were no boards left in it

#25 7 years ago

Starving kids in Africa could have eaten that Space Jam!

#26 7 years ago

Nah, no one in the world would "rate" a space jam...

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

Ok so maybe it should have been best to have added that we stripped out every single salvageable part from the machine

Playfield... wire ramps... much more...

Hell, looks like the whole playfield is still intact! Hmm.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Nah, no one in the world would "rate" a space jam...

Stupid auto correct!

#29 7 years ago

Play field was rancid and worn , wire form was rusty and trashed.... Come on guys seriously , it's a space jam and a dead one the cab was rotten it was a basket case and it died so another can live.

#30 7 years ago

Hahahahahahaha

#31 7 years ago

Pinside sense of humour bypass version with disclaimer being uploaded now

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Fucking inbred rednecks with bad teeth.

University educated, a doctor, successful businessmen, put on some of the biggest pinball and video game shows the UK has ever seen, raised thousands of pounds for cancer charities thru pinball and other events .........yep rednecks ....you got us ..how did you know ?

I'll give you the bad teeth though Apart from Will who is more pampered than a boudoir poodle.

#33 7 years ago

I love the smell of SPACE JAM in the morning!

#34 7 years ago

Go on Ive, you know the picture you've got to post....

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

Anyway it was fun to take up some pent up aggression and find new ways of destroying the machine .
Over here in England we have to be a little more creative , and we unlike you lot can't just walk into our local supermarket and pick up an AK47 and some armour piercing bullets and start shooting the crap out of it .

A shotgun would have been cool, just saying,

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Wow dude, that's pretty dumb. Thanks for destroying part of our hobby. Get out of here, you're not welcome.

Wow .....lighten up pinsiders.

As stated the machine was a BASKETCASE, it came as part of a job lot with another much better SJ. It was quickly clear that this one was beyond salvaging , you prob cant see in the video but

The playfield had some horrendous wear/touchups/patchups
Most targets etc were broken/unusable.
Many major mechs were missing ... kickers, pop bumper mechs
Metal parts were mostly rusted/corroded
Plastic stuff cracked and busted all over
Missing game specific parts
I could go on ....

Anything useful was used on the better SJ.

Cooldan tried his hardest to sell this POS - basically at bottom dollar price - that of the working boards and dmd. NOBODY was interested ...NOBODY. Not a single person wanted to take this on. And we know a LOT of people on the pinball scene.

Anything SALVAGEABLE was taken off. Hell, we even had to stop Dan taking every last nut and bolt from underneath or we would have been there all night. Yes hypothetically there could be someone out there in the world that wanted a f**ked SJ playfield ...but I doubt it somehow.

So then when we basically had a painted wooden box filled with junk ... we had some fun with. F.U.N ....remember that ?? ...Good old fashioned childlike smashing stuff up fun.

Nobody got hurt, nobody got offended ..until now Seriously some of you guys need to remove the shooter rod from yr ass and enjoy life.

And believe it or not beyond 1 ...yes 1 beer shared between 2 ...we were all entirely sober.

In regards to destroying the hobby - you clearly know nothing about any of us. See my above post regarding charity work, pinshows etc Not to mention the many games we have saved over the years.

As for anyone hating the music, its frickin Iggy Pop ....show some respect !!! Maybe we should have used Rush

Love and peace from your friends across the pond.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

Play field was rancid and worn , wire form was rusty and trashed.... Come on guys seriously , it's a space jam and a dead one the cab was rotten it was a basket case and it died so another can live.

On YouTube you're saying you removed all of the harness and "stripped it like piranhas" but at the end of the video you can clearly see the entire underside of the playfield is still intact, even down to the optos or whatever those things are. Harness too, of course. Just seems like a waste, and I sure hope you didn't strip it to sell afterwards!

Screenshot_2446_(resized).pngScreenshot_2446_(resized).png

#38 7 years ago

My prediction for this thread as the day goes on and different international time zones wake up......

UK - we know the guys and know the machine was screwed. Basically enjoying it (and the Stooges are cool). Also it allows us to put off cleaning our bad quality teeth
Central Europe - Really like the Stooges but are a little confused about the people over the channel. Blame it on our warm beer (and bad food)
Australia / New Zealand. Disappointed in the lack of violent and creative ways used to destroy the machine, why didn't they think of doing ________ (Plus although the Stooges are cool why didn't they use Cold Chisel, Rose Tattoo, Hunters & Gathers or another band that confuse the hell out of UK people)
Canadians. Why is there a pin dedicated to a sport no one cares about when they could have had an excellent ice hockey themed game with a Rush soundtrack?
US folk. Still very angry until someone suggests sticking Kevin inside one of his Predator machines and doing the same thing to it. Take credit for the Stooges, so win the argument in the end

#39 7 years ago

Bad Girls up next here we are raising a glass to her . Cheers !

uploadfromtaptalk1461097139447_(1)_(resized).jpguploadfromtaptalk1461097139447_(1)_(resized).jpg

#40 7 years ago

Now that's really going to far....
Don't you realise that the bottom of that wine glass is going to leave a stain on the playfield glass that you may or may not be able to wipe off. Luckily you can buy pincoasters/diffusers to avoid such unsightly glass rings ,just $10 (+$345.99 shipping) from PPS. Pre-order now.

#41 7 years ago

This is great , some doufus who thinks he is Rocky is over on the YouTube video crying about some messed up plastic and opto boards WTF!?!

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

Ok so maybe it should have been best to have added that we stripped out every single salvageable part from the machine , including wire harnesses , looms , nuts targets down its bare bones.
The machine was a second space jam bought and imported from Europe to make a fully working space jam.
Now considering we are from a country that doesn't even know who Michael Jordan is I think we did the pinball world a solid there.

See if you take people's Guns away they start burning pins. Not everyone in the US has an ak47 with armour piercing bullets. Some of us have ar15s. It would take at least 45 min if not an hour, to get an ak!
*rolls eyes*

#43 7 years ago

You can't just go to a super market and buy an AK, despit what your fucked up liberal media says. You have to go through universal background checks, and buy from a federally licensed firearms dealer. And you're still destroying the hobby for?

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

You can't just go to a super market and buy an AK, despit what your fucked up liberal media says. You have to go through universal background checks, and buy from a federally licensed firearms dealer. And you're still destroying the hobby for?

I live in a more open state. I have 2x choices if I want an ak now. Gun shop down the street can check me in about 15 min (once it took about 30 min). Choice 2 is easier but I am not getting into that as I don't want to help expand government!

#45 7 years ago

Wow..this thread is crazy! Wonder what Todd Tuckey thinks? He throws his junkers off the roof.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

And you're still destroying the hobby for?

the hobby !! the hobby !! the almighty, all seeing hobby !!

Get some perspective. I explained above. This machine was JUNK .... between us we have been in the 'almighty, all seeing hobby' for decades, have owned, restored hundreds of machines. We know JUNK. Do you think for one minute we would destroy a working machine? Or valuable parts.

You weren't there, you didnt see the machine - the ramps may look ok from the video but they were JUNK, warps, cracks, broken etc. Do you get it. It was JUNK. Our JUNK to do with as we pleased.

Perspective please.

#47 7 years ago

I think the real travesty here is Space Jam 2 on the way...

sj2_(resized).jpgsj2_(resized).jpg

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You can tell they're dumb asses.
» YouTube video

Wow. Thanks for the insult. Do you know me ? Do you know my family or friends ?

So some guys have a couple of beers and have silly fun in the games room ?? WOW - call the fun police ! These guys are dumbasses and I can prove it ! Look they have feathers, and a beer and everything.

You must be a lot of fun to hang out with.

#49 7 years ago

Fantastic video!!

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Wow..this thread is crazy! Wonder what Todd Tuckey thinks? He throws his junkers off the roof.

He also did not unanimously positive reactions on that...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goodbye-space-jam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.