7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jellikit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    pinhandles.jpg
    pinball_lifter.JPG
    IMG_6482.jpg
    stock-illustration-19030991-cartoon-ca.jpg
    IMG_6481.jpg
    IMG_6479.jpg
    IMG_6478.jpg

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

just an update on a previous post i made a few weeks ago...

these were just sent to me by my employees dad. he revised and improved his 'overnight' design..

he made them himself and shipped them to us. he bumped the guage of the wire, properly crimped everything, heat-shrinked cleanly.. i can't express how much easier these make moving games.

big thanks to gordon doull!

-jon - reciprocal nyc

IMG_6478.jpg IMG_6479.jpg IMG_6481.jpg

#2 7 years ago

I missed your previous post, are these used as handles, screwed where the legs would go, etc?

#3 7 years ago

Yeah, I don't get it. But you seem excited so cool!!

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

I missed your previous post, are these used as handles, screwed where the legs would go, etc?

bingo!

#5 7 years ago

Steps and long hauls around the back of my home would still be an issue for me. Maybe a nice addition to a good appliance dolly.

#6 7 years ago

Do two people just carry the pin, then?

#7 7 years ago

Those look great! Would you use all 8 on one game and is there a difference between right and
    left ones?

#8 7 years ago

Not knocking them cause they are a good idea but my dolly was 40 bucks and I can move a machine by myself. Is there something I'm missing with these?

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Not knocking them cause they are a good idea but my dolly was 40 bucks and I can move a machine by myself. Is there something I'm missing with these?

+1

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

Those look great! Would you use all 8 on one game and is there a difference between right and
    left ones?

no, only 4 per machine.. the difference is in the angle of the grip.

#11 7 years ago

Goodbye back, hello chiropractor?

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Yes, I believe there is. There are many ways to skin a cat. There are even more ways to move a pin. You can use an old school Wico dolly, a hand truck, pin skates, tri-dollys, sliders, Escaleras and all different types of Harbor Freight lift conversions, just to name a few. Each has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

The hardware I see pictured above, which I have never seen before, appear to have one very big advantage over all those others methods. Assuming they are already installed on the game and you have one or more cohorts nearby, you can move a game damb fast with those things! Just unplug and go!

I very much approve.

#13 7 years ago

Neat, simple idea!

Doc

#14 7 years ago

Another good use is for those of us who couldn't fit a dolly in our vehicle with a pin. Takes almost no space. Too much negativity around here.

#15 7 years ago

sometimes on the internet, no good deed goes unpunished. either way, i love using these, i highly recommend them and i'm happy to have shared..

-jon

#16 7 years ago

They look neat, but then do you just drag them?
    stock-illustration-19030991-cartoon-ca.jpg

#17 7 years ago

I don't get it....

It looks like you made a 1-man job into a 4-man job, for the low cost of $125...

Ive had 3 jack and cokes, I'm probably missing the gee-wiz application... Can you explain?

Edit: just saw that you DON'T use all 8 at once
    Makes a LITTLE more sense that way....

#18 7 years ago

FYI, for those interested...

I moved a machine with these, myself and a friend. It was amazingly easy to lift and maneuver. Quite the opposite of the 'back problem' prediction.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

I moved a machine with these, myself and a friend.

I'm guessing they won't really help my one man operation then. Or will they?

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I don't get it....
    It looks like you made a 1-man job into a 4-man job, for the low cost of $125...
    Ive had 3 jack and cokes, I'm probably missing the gee-wiz application... Can you explain?
    Edit: just saw that you DON'T use all 8 at once
    Makes a LITTLE more sense that way....

it's like being a pallbearer, but it ends in more fun..

everyone needs to just relax. it's just an easy, innovative way to move alot of machines. it works for us. if it doesn't work for you, that's ok too.

but i really wish it was still possible to share ideas on this forum without somebody making you regret it.

-jon

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm guessing they won't really help my one man operation then. Or will they?

no, you have to be with another human being, which i generally am.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

you have to be with another human being,

You mean another useful human being.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

but i really wish it was still possible to share ideas on this forum without somebody making you regret it.

I think people honestly don't understand all about it, the details are just not there in your post. You mention a previous post, but with no link to it, very few will go and search for it.

Do you leave these in all the time?

How often do you move your machines around?

I think if these are answered, it will make more sense.

#24 7 years ago

Does each person pick up from the side or one front and back. I don't see how it makes it much easier than just picking it up but I'm sure I'm wrong.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think people honestly don't understand all about it, the details are just not there in your post.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

#26 7 years ago

i don't have any photos because when i'm using them, i'm not usually snapping photos. so here's a rundown..

step 1: remove legs
    step 2 : screw handles into leg holes
    step 3: lift

#27 7 years ago

also...

2 people. 1 person grabs the front, 1 person grabs the back. pretty straight forward.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Miknan:

Does each person pick up from the side or one front and back. I don't see how it makes it much easier than just picking it up but I'm sure I'm wrong.

I was wondering the same thing. Not trying to be a jerk, I just don't really understand. How is this different from just picking up the pin and carrying it? Except that you're putting the full weight of the pin on 4 bolts instead of holding underneath the cabinet itself.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

step 1: remove legs
    step 2 : screw handles into leg holes
    step 3: lift

That does sound straightforward. And you say it provides a definite advantage over leaving the legs on, putting on some good gloves and grabbing under the cabinet between the legs, one in front one in back?

#30 7 years ago

it's just much easier to grab 2 handles then to grab a cabinet that's flush against the floor. it's not really any deeper than that.

i'm sorry that i brought this up. i hope i didn't waste too much of people's time with this.

#31 7 years ago

Are you moving it 5 feet in the store, or are you like moving it to a truck or something?

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

it's just much easier to grab 2 handles then to grab a cabinet that's flush against the floor. it's not really any deeper than that.
    i'm sorry that i brought this up. i hope i didn't waste too much of people's time with this.

Don't be sorry, we are honestly curious.

I don't think we understood that you were moving them to be set on the floor, or picked up off the floor.

I think we all got the impression you were just using these handles to rearrange.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

it's just much easier to grab 2 handles then to grab a cabinet that's flush against the floor.

Now that makes sense! It would be perfect for a game with no legs!

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That does sound straightforward. And you say it provides a definite advantage over leaving the legs on, putting on some good gloves and grabbing under the cabinet between the legs, one in front one in back?

no, i'm not saying that. but not everyone is moving machines around their basement or arcade, so leaving the legs on isn't always an option. some have storage spaces, and other locations which require moving machines without legs.

#35 7 years ago

I'm starting to see the advantage.

#36 7 years ago

i apologize to everyone if i seemed defensive. they were just great when i used 'em, and i wanted to share it.

i now understand where the confusion came in..

love y'all!

-jon

#37 7 years ago

I think part of the problem was that the pics were downsized. They looked kinda like little D rings at first. If you open them up full size, it becomes more apparent how they work.

You think 3 of those things would work on a baby grand piano? I've got a buddy who collects pianos. (he's a Steinway snob)

#38 7 years ago

great question. i was told they could hold over over 500lbs each. not sure how much a baby grand weighs tho..

#39 7 years ago

and thanks for the clarification phish! makes sense why that's very confusing... here's a pic for perspective.

i realize these aren't for everyone, but still just another idea.

word!

IMG_6482.jpg

#40 7 years ago

Quoted from bigehrl:

#41 7 years ago

Holy Cow, those are a lot bigger than the first photo showed. (yeah, yeah, that's what she said, I know lol) . The prior photo made them look like they were the size of the D rings I hold my car keys with. (okay, so that's not very clear either. Maybe 3" long)

Shoot, I bet you could create a sling that goes underneath the machine at front and back that these would attach to for people that already have the legs on but want convenience. Or take that cable and make it long enough to fit the bill.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

not sure how much a baby grand weighs tho..

About 540 pounds.

LTG : )

#43 7 years ago

These look dangerous and unsafe.

My 1500 lbs. handtruck was a measly $60 and safely holds the game strapped in place.

Too much human error involved with these.

I admire your friend trying to reinvent the wheel.

However, there are better, faster, cheaper and more efficient types of equipment already out there than this primitive method.

#44 7 years ago

pinball_lifter.JPG

#45 7 years ago

i am jack's sense of utter shock. thanks.

#46 7 years ago

Fight Club reference! Love that movie.

#47 7 years ago

Looks like a good idea to me. I saw something similar from a Pinsider in England so I knew exactly what they were. His were solid metal handle bar looking things which bolted to where the legs attach.
    I don't use a hand truck and getting the pins in and out of my pickup is hard on the fingers and back. Once it is out of the truck and on the sawhorses to attach the legs I am not sure if it is any better than not using them but that would be personal preference. But I do see the utility in them.

#48 7 years ago

I like it!

Pappy

#49 7 years ago

As a person who used the previous product these are based on (and wanted a set for myself but haven't gotten a moment to create a set for myself), I can say they are super useful when moving a pin...even if on a hand truck, loading the pin in or out of a vehicle, or hetting a cab that is sitting flat on the fooor up to a handtruck or lifting to pit the lega on, the handles provide easy and secure grip and provide a definite place to hold/lift the pin, rather then the edge of a cabinet with as much as your hand/fingers you can get a hold of the cab with.
    Like the product or not (this one or the version these are based on from a while back), the post was simply to pass it along to other people that might like the idea and find it useful

#50 7 years ago

Like I said, not bye bye hand truck as much as the perfect compliment to one

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Filament Printing
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 79.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Starcade Amusement
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 999.00
    $ 100.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 29.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    bB Customs
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    Tools
    Troxel Repair
    $ 12.00
    Tools
    Troxel Repair
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside