jessgreenberg.jpg
No.gif
Shampoo_9ff9e0_278516.jpg
sarah-palin-the-wicked-witch.jpg
images.jpeg
IMG_20140713_104908_475.jpg
image-156.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago

I'm still not getting super skill shot on mine. Curious to how you do it. I hold right flipper in and do a soft plunge. I hit left ramp and nothing.

What am I missing?

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hold right flipper on a hard plunge, it must go into the jukebox hole, then it shoots out down the right orbit, you then have ~5secs~ to hit any flashing arrow.

Thank you sir. I've been stuck thinking it needed to be a soft plunge

So on topic

What song do yinz start with?

I've been starting you shook me as im pretty good at the orbit shots and it progresses me towards tour multiball

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Triple troll jackpot! An additional 10 troll points have been awarded to you.
I own both games and each are fun. However I find ACDC doesn't keep me coming back the way WOZ does. The reasons? Not listing them as this thread isn't the place. Too bad you did the opposite and mocked WOZ...again. Maybe try something like below instead of another trolling comment? Yeah, nah...
To the OP congrats on the the new game! It's a beauty.

Different type of games completely. Its insane when you cannot rag on a game because you do not like it. I agree with Rarehero on this one.

Are we supposed to keep quite if someone compares a real turd with the likes of a great game.

WOZ is slow and AC/DC fast as hell. The scoring on AC/DC takes a long long time to figure out, while WOZ is simple and straight forward.

Personally I think WOZ is a bore fest after 3 months of ownership I hardly played it. This is true of 90% of all games I own so its not a knock on WOZ. AC/DC however is in another league IMO

Also the OP questioned both games.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

From a quick browse through the AUS thread, you have 34 posts containing over 2500 words... in one thread. Feel free to keep ragging all you want in every thread you want, but that is a lot of words to say the same thing over and over and over.

Dave,

Go read those posts. Not much ragging on WOZ gameplay in that thread. Basically, ragging on JJP for the way the situation is being handled.

I stayed out of this thread, until people started attacking someone for positing an opinion. It's a frikkin forum where opinions are welcome. No need to rag on someone who simply does not like a game.

I will state that June 2013 played WOZ at Jilly's Arcade everyday for the week we were there. I was excited to get my Woz. In Septemeber of 2013 got my WOZ played it a bit and enjoyed it. By January 2014 I was sick of it and it did not satisfy me. I kept it around, would get an update, I'd play it for a couple of days, then it would sit. Eventually I sold it to the guys at knoebels. That was a mess. Jack said he would fix a board issue I was having for Jon. To my knowledge there is an entire thread about that and how Jack took forever to make things right. Then there is the Australia mess

So fast forward to today

I do not prefer the gameplay of WOZ - I am bored with the game. I liked it for a bit and grew very tired of it - This happens
I do not like the antics of JJP and am done with the company, until the attitude changes ie the Australian group gets a resolution

I've had AC/DC for 2 or more years and still love playing it.

So if that's trolling then yes award me some more troll points and I'll award you some more FILL IN THE BLANK points as in most threads you come on to start trouble.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That is a pretty wide brush you are painting with Hank.

Accuracy: Closeness of agreement between a measured quantity value and a true quantity value of a measurand.

I'd say that statement, at least in this thread and other WOZ threads is pretty accurate or has a low variance

#50 9 years ago

ACDC

VERSUS WOZ

sarah-palin-the-wicked-witch.jpgsarah-palin-the-wicked-witch.jpg

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

This thread is about WOZ leaving and AC/DC taking its place ! Just in case you missed that.

What? No one in their right mind would get rid of a WOZ for an AC/DC!

Any other trade or game swapped out is okay, but when you get rid of WOZ, put on the flame suit.

Dave H and Panzer took this thread to a different level. It's quite comical

I also don't think anyone called WOZ a turd.

So let the op enjoy his AC/DC and let us praise his decision if we want to.

Can we block posts from other pinsiders? I for one do not want to see anything panzer or Dave h ever posts as they are drinking the kook aid big time. Kool aid, nah

#68 9 years ago

My turd comment was not about WOZ.

It was about comparing a real turd against a fantastic game and how I guess that's no longer okay

Kinda like Vacation America versus Twilight Zone and your not allowed to say anything bad about vacation America. I do not think WOZ is a turd. I think its too slow for my taste, but that's it

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

For AC/DC versus WOZ, this should have represented WOZ:
» YouTube video
Same hot chick!

I'm sticking with AC/DC in terms of superior video in almost every way

Maybe a Highway to hell versus Over The Rainbow poll is in order as another thread. Will be funny to see that reaction

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thank you Scott.

Chessiv, in real life I doubt either one of us would debate about WOZ like this. I highly doubt anyone on Pinside would make some of the more extreme comments they post on here about the game. Likewise in real life I'm not running around at pinball shows or in my league telling people about all of WOZ's toys, lol.

Panzer,

At one point I was going to ignore you, but you do contribute in a positive way, when you are not bashing those of us that dislike WOZ.

I actually enjoy reading your non troll points posts

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

wow .... sometimes the threads take a strange turn on Pinside.
At the end of the day, I'm just super excited to have a NEW ACDC Luci. The Wizard of Oz LE was great, it's a beautiful and inovative machine that will more than likely spark exciting changes in the world of Pinball everywhere but for now ... having limited space for machines ... LUCI has stolen my heart and I plan on spending some quality time with her.

And when you get bored you can use pinball browser to change Hell Aint a Bad place to be to Dirty Deeds

Switching up a few songs here and there bring some new life to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goodbye-dorothy-hello-luci?tu=hank527 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.