jessgreenberg.jpg
No.gif
Shampoo_9ff9e0_278516.jpg
sarah-palin-the-wicked-witch.jpg
images.jpeg
IMG_20140713_104908_475.jpg
image-156.jpg
image.jpg
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

WOZLE has been fun for the past 6 months ... Beautiful machine but just couldn't keep me playing day after day. SO, it's time for some ROCK !!! Haven't taken her out of the box yet but look to have some fun later today. I LOVE LUCI !

image.jpgimage.jpg

image-156.jpgimage-156.jpg

#2 9 years ago

You are a wise man Beez.

#3 9 years ago

Can't wait....6 days till I get mine!

#4 9 years ago

Post up some photos of it setup, too!
Glad to help you make the swap. Enjoy it! I know you will!

#5 9 years ago

You made the correct decision. I've had mine for 5 months now and it has slowly moved up to number 1 in my collection. Its over the top fun. Make sure to add the shaker and amp.

#6 9 years ago

My local arcade switched out our AC/DC Pro for a Wizard of Oz Emerald. Needless to say, I was not pleased until I reminded myself that I have Luci at home waiting to kick the crap out of me at any time!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You are a wise man Beez.

Agreed...very wise! WOZ is a very cool and collectible pin but LUCI is balls out fun.....GRATS kid!!!

#8 9 years ago

I think if i had a 1 pin lineup, ACDC premium would be the one. Great fun even for someone like me that has no clue about the rules.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

WOZLE has been fun for the past 6 months ... Beautiful machine but just couldn't keep me playing day after day. SO, it's time for some ROCK !!! Haven't taken her out of the box yet but look to have some fun later today. I LOVE LUCI !

But but but but...don't you miss the stereo!?!?!? ...and toys!?!?! OH THE TOYS! THE TOOOYYYSSSS!

Yeah, nah...AC/DC rocks.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

But but but but...don't you miss the stereo!?!?!? ...and toys!?!?! OH THE TOYS! THE TOOOYYYSSSS!
Yeah, nah...AC/DC rocks.

I award you 10 troll points, and give myself 5.

#11 9 years ago

Rock on..... nice choice.

#12 9 years ago

Congrats!! You won't be disappointed! I'd be pretty happy with both! IMG_20140713_104908_475.jpgIMG_20140713_104908_475.jpg

#14 9 years ago

I'm still not getting super skill shot on mine. Curious to how you do it. I hold right flipper in and do a soft plunge. I hit left ramp and nothing.

What am I missing?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm still not getting super skill shot on mine. Curious to how you do it. I hold right flipper in and do a soft plunge. I hit left ramp and nothing.
What am I missing?

Hold right flipper on a hard plunge, it must go into the jukebox hole, then it shoots out down the right orbit, you then have ~5secs~ to hit any flashing arrow.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hold right flipper on a hard plunge, it must go into the jukebox hole, then it shoots out down the right orbit, you then have ~5secs~ to hit any flashing arrow.

Thank you sir. I've been stuck thinking it needed to be a soft plunge

So on topic

What song do yinz start with?

I've been starting you shook me as im pretty good at the orbit shots and it progresses me towards tour multiball

#17 9 years ago

Wow, so awesome! I think you made a good move!

#18 9 years ago

Great loading pix!

#19 9 years ago

Super skillshot worth the try every time. 5x bonus, 2 VIP passes

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

» YouTube video

Just missing panzer. The shill squad is a little slow today.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Thank you sir. I've been stuck thinking it needed to be a soft plunge
So on topic
What song do yinz start with?
I've been starting you shook me as im pretty good at the orbit shots and it progresses me towards tour multiball

Typically on location I activate For Those About To Rock (because cannon is awesome) or TNT (love those center targets).

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Post up some photos of it setup, too!
Glad to help you make the swap. Enjoy it! I know you will!

I will for sure!
Thanks again for all your help -- had a BLAST yesterday ... have to work some crazy hours this week but will find the time to bust into the box soon!

#24 9 years ago

Let us know what you think you'll be trading that for in 6 months. Any ideas?

#25 9 years ago

I heard that Elton John wrote the music for the entire album "Goodbye Yellow brick road" in something like 3 days .
That's impressive !

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I heard that Elton John wrote the music for the entire album "Goodbye Yellow brick road" in something like 3 days .

That's funny, I think that's just about how long WOZLE lasted in my collection.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, nah...AC/DC rocks.

Triple troll jackpot! An additional 10 troll points have been awarded to you.

I own both games and each are fun. However I find ACDC doesn't keep me coming back the way WOZ does. The reasons? Not listing them as this thread isn't the place. Too bad you did the opposite and mocked WOZ...again. Maybe try something like below instead of another trolling comment? Yeah, nah...

To the OP congrats on the the new game! It's a beauty.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Just missing panzer. The shill squad is a little slow today.

Double troll jackpot! 5 troll points have been awarded to you, lol.

#29 9 years ago

You've been playing too much WOZ - that was worth at least 100,000 troll points!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I own both games and each are fun. However I find ACDC doesn't keep me coming back the way WOZ does. The reasons? Not listing them as this thread isn't the place. Too bad you did the opposite and mocked WOZ...again. Maybe try something like below instead of another trolling comment? Yeah, nah...

Different type of games completely. Its insane when you cannot rag on a game because you do not like it. I agree with Rarehero on this one.

Are we supposed to keep quite if someone compares a real turd with the likes of a great game.

WOZ is slow and AC/DC fast as hell. The scoring on AC/DC takes a long long time to figure out, while WOZ is simple and straight forward.

Personally I think WOZ is a bore fest after 3 months of ownership I hardly played it. This is true of 90% of all games I own so its not a knock on WOZ. AC/DC however is in another league IMO

Also the OP questioned both games.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Different type of games completely. Its insane when you cannot rag on a game because you do not like it. I agree with Rarehero on this one.
Are we supposed to keep quite if someone compares a real turd with the likes of a great game.
WOZ is slow and AC/DC fast as hell. The scoring on AC/DC takes a long long time to figure out, while WOZ is simple and straight forward.
Personally I think WOZ is a bore fest after 3 months of ownership I hardly played it. This is true of 90% of all games I own so its not a knock on WOZ. AC/DC however is in another league

Another double troll jackpot! 5 WOZ troll points have been awarded to you. Your are very resourceful in your trolling.

#32 9 years ago

Hey Tank, go troll this thread and argue about why his grand kids stopped playing WOZ !

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-my-wozecle#post-1774667

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Hey Tank, go troll this thread and argue about why his grand kids stopped playing WOZ !
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-my-wozecle#post-1774667

Troll jackpot 1! Only 1 troll point this time. All of Pinsides WOZ trolls can now earn various WOZ troll jackpots leading up to the yet to be awarded SUPER WOZ TROLL JACKPOT.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Its insane when you cannot rag on a game because you do not like it.

From a quick browse through the AUS thread, you have 34 posts containing over 2500 words... in one thread. Feel free to keep ragging all you want in every thread you want, but that is a lot of words to say the same thing over and over and over.

#35 9 years ago

Well, this is just another example of every pin having a different audience. That's what makes this hobby great and constantly interesting. I'm a huge AC/DC fan, and would have loved to own that pin (if it wasn't so freakin' ugly...and come on AC/DC fans, you've gotta admit, the art could have been way better...). But I just can't get into it. I've played it and played it and played it and I just hate that friggin' game. Yes, it's fast as hell, but it's a massive drain monster (one of WOZ's complaints), and I get tired of hitting the bell (my favorite shot) only to have it go SDTM.

On the other hand, WOZ is still the favorite of most people in my house (I'm currently on a Congo kick, but the honeymoon isn't over). It's plenty fast - I've got it at 6.5 degrees and keep it waxed. A widebody will never be as fast as a standard - wider playfield, longer distances for the ball to travel, slower ball speed. It's physics, nothing more.

I've traveled to New York City to play AC/DC twice now and made a point to play it extensively at Allentown as well. It's just not for me. My personal opinion is that Beez made a mistake. BUT...as I said, everybody has a favorite pin, and it doesn't always have to be WOZ (as much as I love it). I'm sure there's someone out there that thinks Baywatch is the best machine ever...

#36 9 years ago

OP made the right move !

#37 9 years ago

Congrats!

I need a new pin. I'm happy for you but for selfish reasons I'm also kinda not

Lucky

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I get tired of hitting the bell (my favorite shot) only to have it go SDTM.

i hear this is a problem but i've played maybe 50-60 games on one and never had that happen. Anybody know why some machines do this and others not?

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i hear this is a problem but i've played maybe 50-60 games on one and never had that happen. Anybody know why some machines do this and others not?

Tilt and pitch can likely effect that. I've seen a couple games that use a larger post rubber to the left of the bell lane to purposely ensure that SDTM shots do not occur.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

ACDC can be cruel and like real life doesn't always play fair. That's what makes it so interesting. You can't just shoot safely for the bell shot (the most powerfull shot in the game IMO due to the playfield multiplier) with complete impunity. There is a high risk for shooting at it and many times a punishment for making it. You have to be strategic about shooting at it (like during the ball save timer or from the cannon shot at the start of a multiball (ball save timer again). Otherwise take the risk and reap the reward or quite possibly get B-slapped.

The bell shot I can handle since its my choice to shoot it or not, my only gripe is when it SDTM from the pops. If anyone can tell me a way to save the ball here aside from using the force, please let me know. I tried ruffing her up a bit but, no luck so far.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Never been an issue with my BIB. My suggestion is to PLAY BETTER!

#42 9 years ago

Congrats. I'm an owner and agree it rocks. Would like to own WOZ someday. FOR the rules, which I question highly the comment that they are "easy, and straight forward". They seem extensive and sophisticated from my experience on the game.

Another successful Pinside thread indicating a pinhead acting on experience and buying what he likes!

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

From a quick browse through the AUS thread, you have 34 posts containing over 2500 words... in one thread. Feel free to keep ragging all you want in every thread you want, but that is a lot of words to say the same thing over and over and over.

Dave,

Go read those posts. Not much ragging on WOZ gameplay in that thread. Basically, ragging on JJP for the way the situation is being handled.

I stayed out of this thread, until people started attacking someone for positing an opinion. It's a frikkin forum where opinions are welcome. No need to rag on someone who simply does not like a game.

I will state that June 2013 played WOZ at Jilly's Arcade everyday for the week we were there. I was excited to get my Woz. In Septemeber of 2013 got my WOZ played it a bit and enjoyed it. By January 2014 I was sick of it and it did not satisfy me. I kept it around, would get an update, I'd play it for a couple of days, then it would sit. Eventually I sold it to the guys at knoebels. That was a mess. Jack said he would fix a board issue I was having for Jon. To my knowledge there is an entire thread about that and how Jack took forever to make things right. Then there is the Australia mess

So fast forward to today

I do not prefer the gameplay of WOZ - I am bored with the game. I liked it for a bit and grew very tired of it - This happens
I do not like the antics of JJP and am done with the company, until the attitude changes ie the Australian group gets a resolution

I've had AC/DC for 2 or more years and still love playing it.

So if that's trolling then yes award me some more troll points and I'll award you some more FILL IN THE BLANK points as in most threads you come on to start trouble.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Congrats!! You won't be disappointed! I'd be pretty happy with both!

IMG_20140713_104908_475.jpg 165 KB

That's what I was thinking. They are completely different in terms of game play, so they complement each other nicely. Luci and WOZ are my go to games at the moment.

Congrats on the new machine.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

as in most threads you come on to start trouble.

That is a pretty wide brush you are painting with Hank.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That is a pretty wide brush you are painting with Hank.

Accuracy: Closeness of agreement between a measured quantity value and a true quantity value of a measurand.

I'd say that statement, at least in this thread and other WOZ threads is pretty accurate or has a low variance

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Waah waah waaah....one day maybe you'll have a sense of humor about yourself. Wah wah wah!

#48 9 years ago

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#49 9 years ago

Is there a glory hole in that box?

#50 9 years ago

ACDC

VERSUS WOZ

sarah-palin-the-wicked-witch.jpgsarah-palin-the-wicked-witch.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goodbye-dorothy-hello-luci and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.