Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5027.JPG
IMG_5026.JPG
IMG_5025.JPG
IMG_5024.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Every year for the last few years I've donated a pinball machine to our local high school fund raising auction. Tonight I loaded up this Bally Wizard into my truck for its trip tomorrow to the venue. It will be sold Friday night. I hope it does well and I hope it goes to a non-pinhead as it's always good to get a new person into the hobby.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of the game as I was getting ready to take it apart and put it in the truck.

Dave

IMG_5024.JPGIMG_5024.JPG IMG_5025.JPGIMG_5025.JPG IMG_5026.JPGIMG_5026.JPG IMG_5027.JPGIMG_5027.JPG

#2 11 years ago

Nice game and nice gesture! May the pinball gods shine upon you!

#3 11 years ago

Really great of you, that's my favorite EM, wish there were pins at the school auctions I attend!

#4 11 years ago

Thanks...I decided I'd donate one a few years ago and it's been something I've done every since. Our high school has an auction every year and the middle school has one every other year so I've been donating to each for the last few years.

It is getting harder to find games to donate though as the prices keep going up and games get harder to find. I'll continue to do as long as I can.

I know that it's introduced a few new people to the hobby though and that's a good thing.

Dave

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Every year for the last few years I've donated a pinball machine to our local high school fund raising auction.

Very cool of you to do that! They still rocking the Warriors mascot?

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Very cool of you to do that! They still rocking the Warriors mascot?

If you're talking about Muskego High School, I believe they still use the Warriors name but their logo is an M with a spear through it. I'm not sure when it changed from the Indian head to the M with spear but that's what they have now.

My kids don't go to Muskego high though. They attend Martin Luther and the auction I'm donating to is the Lutheran High School association of greater Milwaukee, which includes Martin Luther, Milwaukee Lutheran, and Lake Country Lutheran. Probably more than you wanted to know

Dave

#7 11 years ago

Gotcha, I just asked as they had that long battle to save the Mukwonago mascot, Im not even sure where they are with that anymore....

#8 11 years ago

So, just in case anyone cares, the Wizard! sold last night for $1550. I'm pretty pleased with that and I think the guy that bought it will like it too.

Eventually, I'll be on the hunt for another "project" that I can pick up on the cheap to fix up and donate.

Dave

#9 11 years ago

That's a great thing your doing! I hope it goes to a good home and not someone that's looking to make a buck and flip.

#10 11 years ago

It appears you did a real nice job of fixing that one up. I think it's great that you are raising money for charity and hopefully introducing pinball to someone new. Other than good karma, there may be at least one tax deduction in there too!

#11 11 years ago

awesome. great way to give back to your community and share pinball with others.
amazing game. I logged many hours on wizard at the fast stop when I was a kid.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

That's a great thing your doing! I hope it goes to a good home and not someone that's looking to make a buck and flip.

As it happens, the guy that bought it has bought the last 3 games I've brought to the auction. I delivered it to his house over the weekend and he still has the other games that he bought so I know they're in a good home. However, he is out of space so I don't think he'll be buying the game I bring next year (assuming I find another good candidate). Unfortunately, when I set the game up it had a problem that I wasn't able to figure out while I was there so I need to get back over there and see if I can figure it out for him. Fortunately, he doesn't live that far from me.

I do get a tax break and it always brings a smile to those at the auction as it is set up and playable. It's fun to listen in on everyone's stories of playing as a kid when they're playing the game.

Dave

#13 11 years ago

Nice work Dave. I've done a couple pin raffles for the Make A Wish foundation. I can't remember the last pin I sold but I'll never forget how it felt to send those checks in.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Nice work Dave. I've done a couple pin raffles for the Make A Wish foundation. I can't remember the last pin I sold but I'll never forget how it felt to send those checks in.

Thanks...I always get a little nervous when the game goes up for bid. I'm always hopeful that it will sell for a good price. It started slow but then got into a nice two person battle and the guy who bought it wasn't going to be denied. I was surprised it brought $1550 but am happy it did.

Keep up the good work with Make-A-Wish. My family (son) has actually benefitted from that program and it's an awesome thing.

Dave

#15 11 years ago

I'm looking for a Wizard if anyone has one for sale, a little further south than WI.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goodbye-bally-wizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.