10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ccotenj
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

a new (to me, anyway) youtube video on how to disassemble and reassemble a decagon score reel... he doesn't clean it, but he does take it all the way apart...

todd's videos (the second two) are good on this subject as well... they were the ones that took the fear out of the rebuild process for me...

1 week later
    #2 10 years ago

Yeah, me too. Good video. After doing a dozen or so of these they are not bad at all.

#3 10 years ago

Great videos.

We could do with a sticky video EM fix thread!

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Yeah, me too. Good video. After doing a dozen or so of these they are not bad at all.

i'm hoping it becomes easier... i had never seen a williams score reel before the "current project", and i r&r'd 4 of those in less time than it took me to do 1 decagon reel... heaven help me if i should ever have to do a rat trap reel...

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Great videos.
    We could do with a sticky video EM fix thread!

agreed! one for em video fixes, and one for stevefury's animations as well... those animations he does are incredibly well done...

#5 10 years ago

Still remember the first time I pulled apart a Decagon score reel. I kept thinking that I must be doing something wrong because there's no way this thing could be such a PITA to disassemble and reassemble. But no, they really are a PITA.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

Still remember the first time I pulled apart a Decagon score reel. I kept thinking that I must be doing something wrong because there's no way this thing could be such a PITA to disassemble and reassemble. But no, they really are a PITA.

yea, it's almost like the mechanical engineer who designed it had the goal of "make this as difficult as possible to maintain"...

of course, as alluded to earlier, they WERE coming from the rat trap reel, so they probably thought the decagon would be child's play...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-youtube-vid-for-decagon-score-reels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.