Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_13869.jpg
    mb shine.JPG
    370153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Ok so I just picked up a ft and some screws and a few other parts have some corrosion and I wanted to polish things up plus i plan to restore all my other pins at some point . So I know nothing about these im assuming there are different sizes and different things to use as the abrasive , so anybody have a idea of a good one for pinball parts ? Id like one big enough to do flipper mechs and mabyve some ball guides?

#5 9 years ago

Cool thax guys maybe I should get a good one because I like to shoot guns also and ssve my brass to get reloaded and that needs tumbled also hmm....

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

for your media buy it from pets mart. corncob bedding for birds and walnut shells from the retile bedding area. And buy flitz tumbler polish.

Cool thax for the info

#11 9 years ago

Ok so I want a ultrasonic cleaner also lol whats the deal with those I really know nothing about them

#13 9 years ago

Glad I put this up ive learned alot already thax guys

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from waltrr:

If you want a really nice finish, don't waste your money on a tumbler. They will NEVER match the finish of mechanical buffing. A simple 6" cotton wheel and some polish does the best job you can hope for. I have 2 tumblers including a Berrys and have always been disappointed. If you're lazy, a tumbler will do just an OK job, but if you want a nice shine, hand buff the parts, you won't be disappointed. Screw heads, balls and all. Plus, the polish seals the surface for the future.

Well dang lol another option ugh

#25 9 years ago

Man so many options so do I need ultasonic or tumbler im mainly doing flipper mechs and tiny screws and posts ?

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Really ? How does this tumbled part look ? I don't use cheap shit like Berry or Harbor freight tumblers!

mb shine.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Id be very happy with that outcome

#32 9 years ago

Thax everybody I ordered one hopefully everything works out appreciate the help

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

Cabelas tumbler is awesome

Its on the way and im sure it will be better than what I really need it for

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-tumblers?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.