Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gumnut01
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

024BF0DE-6997-4992-97B5-D0F6744201F4 (resized).jpeg
    FD3F5227-8B9E-402F-9841-9EC858258C5C (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

I’ve searched everywhere for this trick I discovered. Maybe it hasn’t been posted or put on YouTube because it’s so basic.

In the past I’ve struggled with levelling pins side to side because ZY does not put convenient horizontal lines in his playfield art. So a lot of the time I approximate a straight level line across the playfield to line my level up with. If I don’t get it perpendicular to the side rails I’m not getting a true reading.

So after years of struggling to work out how to get a straight level line across the playfield to line my level up with, I suddenly realised a really simple way of getting a correct level line.

Use the playfield glass. Pull it down so the top is level with where you want to measure. Look from above, line your level with the edge of the glass. You may want a second person to stop the glass from sliding out. Was the only way I could level GZ and DP.

FD3F5227-8B9E-402F-9841-9EC858258C5C (resized).jpegFD3F5227-8B9E-402F-9841-9EC858258C5C (resized).jpeg
    #3 2 years ago

Nice! The glass idea does help with the upper portion of the playfield though. I guess you can keep adding lego from the slings up the playfield. Yours was the one topic I missed!

#5 2 years ago

But that does not tell you if your phone is parallel with the sides of the machine. It is very hard to place a phone horizontally straight. Most machines do not have straight level lines on the playfield. Any diagonal tilt will give you an incorrect reading.

#6 2 years ago
    024BF0DE-6997-4992-97B5-D0F6744201F4 (resized).jpeg024BF0DE-6997-4992-97B5-D0F6744201F4 (resized).jpeg
    #7 2 years ago

Nice. But won’t help get side to side at the back of the pin. That reminds me. My left flipper is a bit droopy. God I love this game, hope you are enjoying yours!!

#8 2 years ago

A) play the game, if it's way wrong you will notice wonky ball physics. If that's the case then B) Remove glass, drop ball at back center and watch, if it rolls left or right and not straight down then adjust legs and try again.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from gumnut01:

Nice. But won’t help get side to side at the back of the pin. That reminds me. My left flipper is a bit droopy. God I love this game, hope you are enjoying yours!!

It’s mint - loving it! I’ve never leveled it at multiple points, maybe I need to check that!!

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from gumnut01:

But that does not tell you if your phone is parallel with the sides of the machine. It is very hard to place a phone horizontally straight. Most machines do not have straight level lines on the playfield. Any diagonal tilt will give you an incorrect reading.

Place the phone on the flippers. I have set up hundreds of pins, it really isn't that hard, nor does it have to be absolutely exact. The first time you nudge it, it will all be off anyway.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

Place the phone on the flippers. I have set up hundreds of pins, it really isn't that hard, nor does it have to be absolutely exact. The first time you nudge it, it will all be off anyway.

This trick is mainly useful for getting the back section level.

If Godzilla isn’t level at the back the horseshoe shot left of the building will go sdtm and destruction jackpots can be impossible.

Also deadpool katana and Snikt shot won’t work if not level.

I have old wooden floors over 100 years old where levelling the front doesn’t mean back is levelled. Just trying to help out others if they are experiencing problems because the backend not levelled.

Placing a phone on the flippers won’t fix these issues.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-trick-for-levelling-side-to-side and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.