Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DaveH
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

If your computer already has capture devices in it then you’re good. You just need something that will be able to receive the hdmi signal from the camera and allow you to use it as a camera for the stream.
    I don’t have pictures of the setup I posted above as my setup isn’t like that anymore. Sorry!

The relevant thing here being that the sonys don't have USB, so you need an HDMI input for them?

3 months later
    #16 5 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Can I get some ideas of what specs a laptop needs to stream a 3 camera setup?
    Also which OS works best with software? Does W10 have more problems than W7? Compatibility, driver etc?

I've got a 2nd generation i5 with 6gb of ram and I can stream three cameras at 1080p30, but can't hit 60

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

I do want to run main cam at 1080/60. The other two not too bothered... 720/30 is fine.

I should clarify, I was running my main cam (c922) at 60, that wasn't a problem, but I couldn't encode the entire 1080p output at 60fps without dropping lots of frames. It seemed like the final encoding had a bigger effect on the performance than what inputs I had going. the 60fps downsampled to 30fps looked a lot better than straight 30fps.

I'm not sure if OBS was using my graphics card at all, but it's a crappy geforce, like a 520m or something so I doubt it helped much. Not sure the ram was necessary either.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Thanks. I might just try out my old laptop
    7yr old Intel Core i7 2630QM 2.00 GHz with 8gb DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz, 3GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M Graphics Card, Win7 64 bit.
    Think this could be alright?

Double the cores, I assume OBS can make use of them

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Are you saying I need a processor with more cores?

No, sorry. I mean my laptop is only dual core. Yours is quad, so as long as OBS can make use of the other two cores, it should perform better

3 weeks later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-streaming-setup-on-a-budget?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.