(Topic ID: 161103)

Good prize if someone brings more than 8 games for free play?

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dmarston
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Im looking for ideas for ways to reward people who go above and beyond the call of duty and bring 8 or more games to a show and put them in free play. Thoughts?

#2 7 years ago

A couple of dinner certificates and a couple savings bonds? A basket of pinball goodies??
    They also should not have to lift a finger unloading or loading if they don't want to. supervise only.

#3 7 years ago

A nice dinner certificate would be my suggestion. Typically goodie baskets, etc will be something most people don't need so they just end up putting stuff into a corner or giving it away. Gift card would also work and then they can buy what they want with it. But most importantly would be a personal THANK YOU.

That was one thing I missed this year at Pinfest. Last year Ivan walked around and thanked each of his vendors - this year I never even had a chance to say hello to Ivan at Pinfest. I know he was very busy and I know he had several issues to address but I still missed talking to him for a few minutes. I am not blaming Ivan just saying nothing is better than a thank you when someone is doing something that helps you.

#4 7 years ago

Ok so say it's a dinner certificate how would you base the value?

#5 7 years ago

If you bring 8 games, you can bring the 9th for free.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

A pinball wizard t-shirt?

Special t shirts are tough to do. Small limited runs are exspensive.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

How many people are you talking about? You can get 10 or 12 custom t-shirt from custom ink or vista print for around $150. That's not too bad per person.

#9 7 years ago

Seems a special t-shirt plus $100 gift certificate per "hero" should be a special way to thank them. One that they'll remember. An alternative idea would be to raffle off a donated pin. Bring six pins and get one entry form, eight pins earns two entries, while 12 or more equals three entries. Drawing should only have about 20 tickets in it, and could be held Sunday @1p (must be present to win. No-show would mean they chose another winner. Got to like those odds, and a good chance to win ... another pin

#10 7 years ago

Parts & materials to help clean/shop the games that were there?

#11 7 years ago

I think I'm going to do a Pintastic embroidered hat. On the back it will say KING of free play 2016. Also a gift card to the Oxford tavern next door so they can get dinner.

#12 7 years ago

Maybe offer a free color Dmd to that person who brings 9-10 games...I would think money would be the enticing factor...10 games minimum brought gets that owner $300-500....and a free t shirt after all the sweating from moving 10 games lol..

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Maybe offer a free color Dmd to that person who brings 9-10 games...I would think money would be the enticing factor...10 games minimum brought gets that owner $300-500....and a free t shirt after all the sweating from moving 10 games lol..

I thought the same thing. But when I started talking to people they did not want cash or high end gifts. They wanted something special and limited that seperated them from other game bringers. I guess it's not all about money.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I thought the same thing. But when I started talking to people they did not want cash or high end gifts. They wanted something special and limited that seperated them from other game bringers. I guess it's not all about money.

Makes sense to me. In the end you can never compensate someone a fair monetary value for the hassle of bringing games to a show. Once you start putting a price on it, like a gift card, it makes one think "I did all this for $100?".

Specialized merch sounds like a great idea. And for the kind of money you were going to spend on gift cards, you can do some nice low run items.

#15 7 years ago

Also remember that if someone is bringing 8 or more games they most certain brought someone along to help. I would offer the "assistant(s)" at least a hat. To help manage this have the owner register any assistants that will be assiting

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

Also remember that if someone is bringing 8 or more games they most certain brought someone along to help. I would offer the "assistant(s)" at least a hat. To help manage this have the owner register any assistants that will be assiting

Good point

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

Im thinking about getting this done all alone! Lol.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Im thinking about getting this done all alone! Lol.

Your a set up machine. How many games did you set up last year?

#20 7 years ago

Probably as many as he's sold me since! :> (damn you Bushey!)

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Once you start putting a price on it, like a gift card, it makes one think "I did all this for $100?".

of course, under the original rules, bring eight games and you get $0 for it. Actually its kind of surprising they didn't charge you for the priviledge Hat and dinner certificate idea sounds great.

#22 7 years ago

How about a nice custom-engraved plaque with the Pintastic logo, their name and some "In recognition of your generosity in supporting Pintastic 2016" writing underneath? Maybe have it pre-signed by all the guest speakers/designers who will be in attendance? I know I'd love something like that.

PlaqueMaker.com has custom 8x10 plaques for $49 a piece.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Find someone with a Direct To Garment printer and they can do small runs as long as you have the artwork ready to go. I have one,if you are interested PM me.

#24 7 years ago

You pinheads really like your tees!

1 week later
    #25 7 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Maybe offer a free color Dmd to that person who brings 9-10 games...

We want to encourage people to bring electromechanical games, too! And segment-display solid-state games, pre-flipper pinballs, pitch-and-bat baseball games, etc.

Personally, I consider seafood dinners an incentive.
    .................David Marston

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-prize-if-someone-brings-more-than-8-games-for-free-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.