Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25a (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Where can I get good quality replacement pinballs?
I searched old threads and pinball life and pinbits come up as the two but neither have them anymore so what are people using.
In a rush to play my new ghostbusters I used the stock ones but they are already looking neat and I don't want to leave them in there so what is a real good replacement?

#2 7 years ago

pinball life's oohhhh shinny balls are all i use at this point. Last i heard though they were out of stock and not getting more till the 1st or 2nd week of Nov (which is basicly here)

#3 7 years ago

I use marco silver jet big difference

#4 7 years ago

I've been following this recent thread. Same basic topic. Hope it's helpful to you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-you-buying-balls-from

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

I use marco silver jet big difference

Those are fine for games without magnets, but with magnets they often play like crap because of the balls magnetizing.

Most modern/recent games seem to have magnets.

#6 7 years ago

I started with no games with magnets, Star Wars, Lethal Weapon 3, Sopranos.
But than went the other way, Got Star Trek, (Sold Lethal Weapon 3 to a friend), got WOZ, got WCS, Got Johnny Mnemonic.
To be fair I also got a MMR during that time.
I moved Sopranos and Star Wars to Mom and Dads (Mom loves to play).
So right now I'm magnet heavy, but happy with collection and two gamerooms.

#7 7 years ago

What are the recent modern styled games that do not have any magnets?

Tron, Kiss Pro, GOT Pro, AC/DC, RZ, BDK, TF...what else?

#8 7 years ago

So I have a GB which doesn't have traditional magnets but has the magna slings so where does that put that as far as better choice for balls?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

So I have a GB which doesn't have traditional magnets but has the magna slings so where does that put that as far as better choice for balls?

Magna slings = magnets.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Likely not good to use Silverjets.

I just noticed the Pinside game description for GB pro says it has two magnets. Is that incorrect?

#11 7 years ago

Makes sense my games are all 91 and prior.. was there aware of this...

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Magna slings = magnets.

This much I understand but since it doesn't lock a ball on a metal circle and hold it I was wondering if the magnetism transfers the same way.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I just noticed the Pinside game description for GB pro says it has two magnets. Is that incorrect?

That's interesting. I own a GB pro, and to my knowledge, there are no magnets. If someone knows otherwise, let me know...

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I was wondering if the magnetism transfers the same way.

Absolutely, it just takes a lot longer for the residual mechanism.
Probably you will change the balls long before specific considering this feature however due to scratching, the concerns are lessened.
This is the same methodology of design feature as TAF "Feel the Power" except with three magnets instead of two.
Another example of the same under playfield magnet design is "The Shadow" which also magnetizes balls in the same manner due to the high use of "The Wall" feature.
The balls magnetize.

Everything you ever wanted to know about "balls".
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/balls-and-magnetism#post-3419393

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from jasino313:

That's interesting. I own a GB pro, and to my knowledge, there are no magnets. If someone knows otherwise, let me know...

I believe it is a mistake. I corrected it. Also, I assume the Pro game does not come with a shaker.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from jasino313:

No magnets on any GB Pro, unless a Stern factory employee seriously $#@!ed up (and installed the wrong software).
Not sure the game would be able to work properly anyway, if it was a "hybrid" due to the added software features.

"Another big change for the LE and Premium models is the use of Magna-slings. These do away with the traditional solenoid kicker to repel the ball and instead use electro-magnets below the playfield, much like the Magna-Flip feature on the powerfield in Twilight Zone."

25a (resized).jpg25a (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 103.00
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-pinballs-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.