6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I'm in the Denver area for a couple of weeks and looking for a place to play. Suggestions?

#2 6 years ago

1up, 2up, and that place in Lyons. Its an hourish from Denver but they have 40+

#3 6 years ago

Seriously! Go to 1up!

#4 6 years ago

Yup - definitely 1-up and Lyons are the places to go.

#5 6 years ago

Ditto, Lyons Classic Pinball is awesome. Flipper McGills up in Idaho Springs is pretty good as well.

#6 6 years ago

1UP is the best. Good selection of pins, more video games than I remember, 4-man Pac Man and giant Jenga. Can't beat it with a stick.

#7 6 years ago

Flipper McGill's has upped the ante recently by adding a Medieval Madness and a Metalica LE to an already great lineup. Idaho Springs is a neat little town too. If you have your spouse with you and he or she is not into pinball (or video games), there's plenty of cool stuff to see up and down the street where Flipper McGill's is located.

#8 6 years ago

Talked to the owner of Pinball Jones the other day. Based in Denver sound like good people.

#9 6 years ago

I personally like the 2up better, but both have great pins.

#10 6 years ago

Pinball Map App is usually pretty updated with info for the games all around town.

#11 6 years ago

1up, 2up, pinball jones(Ft Collins), Punch Bowl Social, Press Play (boulder), Flipper Mcgills(Idaho Springs), Lakewood Bar and Grill. And Don't forget to stop by Game Exchange and Play some Free Pinball.. We have over about 35 pinballs on the showroom floor right now. We have an event Saturday so most of Friday will be spent tearing the floor down and setting it up for the event.

JJ

#12 6 years ago

So many great places in the Denver area...

1up
    Flipper McGill's-Idaho Springs-definitely worth the trip even if you're not planning on being near.
    Lyons Classic Pinball-Lyons
    Pinball Jones-Fort Collins

and, lots of great personal collections. If you know a collector in the area, let them know you're coming. You'd be surprised how open pinball collectors are to others with the same disease.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#13 6 years ago

Just about a year since I wandered into 1up while on a business trip, having no idea what I'd find other than "they have some pinball machines there."

I still dream about it.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

Just about a year since I wandered into 1up while on a business trip, having no idea what I'd find other than "they have some pinball machines there."
    I still dream about it.

2up Now has more Pinball's then 1up does! 2up Expanded big time!!

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

1up, 2up, pinball jones(Ft Collins), Punch Bowl Social, Press Play (boulder), Flipper Mcgills(Idaho Springs), Lakewood Bar and Grill. And Don't forget to stop by Game Exchange and Play some Free Pinball.. We have over about 35 pinballs on the showroom floor right now. We have an event Saturday so most of Friday will be spent tearing the floor down and setting it up for the event.
    JJ

Thanks. I may stop by and see you soon.

- John

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

And Don't forget to stop by Game Exchange and Play some Free Pinball..

Maybe he prefers to support ops.

#17 6 years ago

We just got our Wizard of Oz LE at Lyons Classic Pinball and added Metallica Prem recently as well. Oskar Blues is next door for some great beer and Lyons Classic Video as well(16 old vids + 4 pins).
    Introduce yourself if you come in over the next few weeks. There is also a Pinball Camp out at Dory Hill camp ground on Sept 6th, 7th and 8th. A bunch of us bring games to set up on cabin porches and in tents along with the games already there and have a big tourn. I is a blast.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from ghostbc:

We just got our Wizard of Oz LE at Lyons Classic Pinball and added Metallica Prem recently as well. Oskar Blues is next door for some great beer and Lyons Classic Video as well(16 old vids + 4 pins).
    Introduce yourself if you come in over the next few weeks. There is also a Pinball Camp out at Dory Hill camp ground on Sept 6th, 7th and 8th. A bunch of us bring games to set up on cabin porches and in tents along with the games already there and have a big tourn. I is a blast.

Are you Kevin, owner of Lyons?

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Busted!

#20 6 years ago

If you drive an hour south to Manitou Springs you could go to the Penny Arcade.

#21 6 years ago

Heh, my money is on Carole making that post.

#22 6 years ago

I go to 1UP every chance I can get.... was just there two weeks ago. The DW that he has is set crazy fast!

One note. It's right down the street from Coors field. Check the game calendar. Unless you want to fight for parking and deal with a huge crowd...

faz

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Yes, if it was Carole things would be spelled correctly and there would a bunch of that puncuation and stuff.

#24 6 years ago

Thanks for all the responses guys. I didn't expect this many. I stopped by Game Exchange yesterday since it was so close to where I was working and met JJ. Super nice guy with a ton of pins and classic arcade games. I may check out some of your other suggestions if I can squeeze them in.

#25 6 years ago

"Game Exchange"??? They have games set up to play?

#26 6 years ago

I recommend Lyons Pinball. I stopped by with my sons while visiting Denver earlier this summer and we all had a great time. Fantastic pinball collection and nice folks! Lyons is a cool little town between Boulder and Rocky Mtn Natl Park too.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from ghostbc:

Yes, if it was Carole things would be spelled correctly and there would a bunch of that puncuation and stuff.

Just wondering if you got that city parking situation settled. I was there 2 years ago and that was the big issue at the time. Loved the collection.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Just wondering if you got that city parking situation settled. I was there 2 years ago and that was the big issue at the time. Loved the collection.

It got settled and we lost so I have a snarky public notice at the entrance during the summer that reads "2 hr parking on Sat and Sunday, The friendly town of Lyons will ticket you" . Its a good thing pinheads are not easily discouraged .Thanks to all of you who deal with this in summer.

#29 6 years ago

Lyons CP is fantastic!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 100.00
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 59.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 299.00
    $ 51.45
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 87.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 689.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 139.00
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside