Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dondon4720
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140427_122901.jpg
    20140309_122650.jpg
    IMAG0928.jpg
    IMAG0929.jpg
    IMAG0930.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

So the saying see where you are going to be in 6 years comes into play here. I am 19 years old and looking to get a new car, because it is a new car I hope to have it for at least 6 years so I will probably be hauling pins with it at some point so I am thinking ahead. What is a good car / crossover / truck that is good on gas mileage and can possibly haul a small trailer in case I need to go long distances I like the 2015 Honda Fit but it cant haul a trailer but that is optional.

#2 9 years ago

I would think most vehicles will take a hitch and haul a lightweight trailer. If you're open to a small trailer...I think your vehicle options are wide open.

#3 9 years ago

I have a GD3 Honda Fit and have yet to come across a pin that will not fit nicely inside. No way will it haul a trailer though. Keep wanting to get a hitch for my wife's car for that...

#4 9 years ago

Find a good used Honda Element. Plenty of room, decent mileage, good reliability, can pull a trailer, and cheaper than new! Save up the money for a sporty vehicle for date nights...

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

I have a GD3 Honda Fit and have yet to come across a pin that will not fit nicely inside. No way will it haul a trailer though. Keep wanting to get a hitch for my wife's car for that...

what does GD3 mean??

#6 9 years ago

Ford Escape of all generations can haul a pin and at least certain years with certain engines have capability (I had an 09 AWD Limited with 3.0 and it had 3500lb towing capacity).

There's a good post of what vehicles pins fit into on the Pinwiki and that would be a good start: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines

#7 9 years ago

I have a 2011 Honda Fit and absolutely love it. The "magic" seats are awesome. Pins fit perfect (even widebody). Vids are hit or miss. I fit a Tempest all the way just barely, and a R-Type was hanging out a little so I left the gate open but fortunately wasn't going far.

#8 9 years ago

Toyota Tacoma fits the bill probably better than most.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

what does GD3 mean??

2007-2008 was the GD3. The GE3 is the current model. I cannot say if the current fits a pin. It may. Hard to tell without trying it.

#10 9 years ago

What about a Chevrolet equinox or the new golf??

Quoted from Syco54645:

2007-2008 was the GD3. The GE3 is the current model. I cannot say if the current fits a pin. It may. Hard to tell without trying it.

As for the 2015 fit https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-honda-fit this is very convincing, I really don't want to buy used and I wish that honda would bring back the element. I don't really see hauling more than a few in the 6+ years I will own the car as long as it can fit the newer pins I will be fine (Like tales of the Arabian knights, South park, and Simpsons Pinball Party )

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

What about ... the new golf??

I doubt the Golf 2 or 4 door will. I ordered a Sportwagen SEL TDI, so that will but past gens of it required taking the hinge brackets off and sliding the back box forward to gain an inch of height. I'll update when I have mine in a few months.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

What about a Chevrolet equinox or the new golf??

As for the 2015 fit https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-honda-fit this is very convincing, I really don't want to buy used and I wish that honda would bring back the element. I don't really see hauling more than a few in the 6+ years I will own the car as long as it can fit the newer pins I will be fine (Like tales of the Arabian knights, South Park, and Simpsons Pinball Party )

I fit a Star Trek pro in the 2015 Equinox. You have to pull the backseat all the way forward and it is a tight fit.

#13 9 years ago

Considering I helped a guy fit an RCT into his Prius at Expo....your vehicle options are pretty wide open, and about any mid-sized vehicle can pull a small trailer (if you have it fit with a hitch)

3 months later
    #14 8 years ago

Ok so I have been getting money together and have narrowed it down to a Scion XB, Honda Fit or possibly a used jeep wrangler or truck (has to have crew cab for friends) , does anyone know what kind of trailers to look at and if the Scion can tow a trailer???

Also up to other suggestions, this car will also be my daily driver so MPG needs to be a consideration

Cheers

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

Ok so I have been getting money together and have narrowed it down to a Scion XB, Honda Fit or possibly a used jeep wrangler or truck (has to have crew cab for friends) , does anyone know what kind of trailers to look at and if the Scion can tow a trailer???
    Also up to other suggestions, this car will also be my daily driver so MPG needs to be a consideration
    Cheers

Wranglers get crappy gas mileage and have minimal storage. Good MPG and hauling are not their forte.

#16 8 years ago

I doubt a Scion xB is rated to tow anything. Neither is my Hyundai but I've used the $15/day U-Haul trailer a few times without issue. It can hold any pin and saves me having to store a trailer of my own.

#17 8 years ago

I love my MB GL for hauling one or two games. Usually with 2 you can only fit people in the front row. Gets 27mpg highway as well. Diesel is about the same as has now so that makes it even nicer. Also can tow 8000 lbs.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I love my MB GL for hauling one or two games. Usually with 2 you can only fit people in the front row. Gets 27mpg highway as well. Diesel is about the same as has now so that makes it even nicer. Also can tow 8000 lbs.

A Mercedes is way out of my budget, I am looking to spend around 20k. I planned on renting a u haul when I need to transport more than 1 but finding something in my budget is going to be challenging.

#19 8 years ago

I wouldn't try towing anything with it, but the Scion XB gets good enough gas mileage to make two trips. This is a 2004 first generation.IMAG0928.jpgIMAG0928.jpgIMAG0929.jpgIMAG0929.jpgIMAG0930.jpgIMAG0930.jpg

#20 8 years ago

Scion XB is defiantly a contender, it is sad that they are discontinuing them after this year, it is great that they swallow pins I am just worried about if I ever need to pick up more than 1 I would be out of luck, I am looking for a hauler that can take one pin and also tow a small trailer for multiple if needed. I really don't want a truck

#21 8 years ago

I've hauled several pins in it, but only one at a time. This XB was one of the first in the country. My wife flew from St. Louis to San Diego and drove it back. It was later totaled by soft ball sized hail in Kansas. We bought it back from the insurance company, put new glass in it and have been using it as a pin fetcher since. It now has 270,000 miles on it and is still going strong.(has a timing chain, no belt to break)

#22 8 years ago

Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on your choice but I couldn't be happier with my Nissan Xterra. It sits a bit higher than the Scion but you can slide a pin right in the back and you can add a tow kit to it very easily. Or grab one that comes with it. I have a 2005 model and its still running strong. I love the car. I'm actually thinking of purchasing another one since I would like to update my ride.

chris

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Wranglers get crappy gas mileage and have minimal storage. Good MPG and hauling are not their forte.

The upside is they're 4 wheel drive, can be convertibles and aren't humiliating to be seen in. It'll have no problem pulling a trailer if the original buyer went with 3.73 gears. I think an Unlimited (4 door) with the back seat out will fit a pin with ease.

Can't imagine a cooler all-around vehicle for someone the OP's age. The chicks might not even run away when he tells them he's into pinball.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

The upside is they're 4 wheel drive, can be convertibles and aren't humiliating to be seen in. It'll have no problem pulling a trailer if the original buyer went with 3.73 gears. I think an Unlimited (4 door) with the back seat out will fit a pin with ease.
    Can't imagine a cooler all-around vehicle for someone the OP's age. The chicks might not even run away when he tells them he's into pinball.

Chicks dig my current car, a 1997 Plymouth breeze , goes 0-60 eventually with a 2.0L 4 banger with a 4 speed transmission, less than 70k mies on it, was a gift from my great aunt, would be keeping it if I didn't need 2k in suspension work ( car is only worth that).

20140427_122901.jpg20140427_122901.jpg
    20140309_122650.jpg20140309_122650.jpg

#25 8 years ago

My sister had that exact car in purple! What the heck kind of suspension work is 2k? Were the Duke boys driving it? Holy crap.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

My sister had that exact car in purple! What the heck kind of suspension work is 2k? Were the Duke boys driving it? Holy crap.

The front bushings are going out, the parts are like 100 but they have to remove the entire front end, the labor is what makes it about 2k, that and the tranny might be on its way out too, the car sat for a year and a half before I got it. It was also in a rental fleet at one time so who knows.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-pin-arcade-hauler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.