(Topic ID: 99980)

Good method for hanging backglasses?

By NYP

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

005.JPG
    004.JPG
    F-14 004.JPG
    lb 005.JPG
    index.jpeg
    #1 9 years ago

OK, time has come for me to decorate my game-room with some of the backglasses I've been saving so I started thinking about it and I'm not really into using those clips, and I have too many to buy frames so I was going to go frameless and line them up on a ledge, maybe even make 2 rows. I can make it as long as I want, across the whole wall if I like, and screw it into the studs so it should be strong enough. Anyone like this idea or care to share theirs?

index.jpegindex.jpeg

#2 9 years ago

I've considered something similar, but you definitely need to secure it from the top too.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I've considered something similar, but you definitely need to secure it from the top too.

Yep thinking about that, most likely will require a top, otherwise I would have to make it stick too far from the wall to make them lean on the wall at a greater angle. But I can probably get by with using less screws on the top piece and could probably go every other stud.

#4 9 years ago

I will vouch for mirror clips... I have 5 backglasses and a ton of arcade marquees on the wall using just mirror clips and 1 inch screws into the drywall. 2 clips per side - 8 per glass. Works great. The ledge looks like an interesting solution though - will not make as many holes in the wall for sure.

-BB

#5 9 years ago

I would use the ledge (grooved in the wood at the very back) for the bottom for the weight and secure with the mirror clips on top.

#6 9 years ago

build your own light boxes, I did

lb 005.JPGlb 005.JPG F-14 004.JPGF-14 004.JPG 004.JPG004.JPG 005.JPG005.JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-method-for-hanging-backglasses and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.