Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mystic-cl7.jpg
    mysticled6.jpg
    mystic01.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Opinions for adding some light to a dark playfield?

Recommendations?

#2 12 years ago

old games, retros look great. New games, I like the supers, as long as it's not too exposed and blinding, then go for the frosted.

#3 12 years ago

Retros

#4 12 years ago

Its for my bk. I had a good recommendation written down but misplaced it.

Retros for a bk?

#5 12 years ago

+1 Warm retros

#6 12 years ago

I put cointakers in a machine and the play field got darker. Too dark to play with room lights off. Are the retros the best for spreading light sidewards to light up play field or maybe original lamps for GI lighting.

#7 12 years ago

stock
    cool white frosted
    warm white retro

in that order

mystic01.jpgmystic01.jpg mysticled6.jpgmysticled6.jpg Mystic-cl7.jpgMystic-cl7.jpg

#8 12 years ago

I just asked Cointaker and they told me their GI kit mostly contains Super brights for GI on Black Knight..

My main goal is to add more light to a really dark playfield.

#9 12 years ago

Ordered.

I bought: warm white super brights for most of the GI lighting. Warm white retros for the slingshots, as they are the ones exposed.

I guess i'll just try them out and see!

Hopefully it adds some light to that dark BK playfield.

#10 12 years ago

I rarely say this, but Black Knight to me looks the best with Standard Bulbs in the GI. I did a full restore of one last year and played with every combo. If you are going to do warm LED, for the cost and look just do regular bulbs.

The inserts however look great to me with matching LEDs. Just be sure to use ghost busters, or Premium LEDs from cointaker (when they get them in stock).

#11 12 years ago

I feel regular bulbs don't look bright enough at all. Hoping the supers do the trick.

#12 12 years ago

I use everything under the sun for GI. The Ablaze 3-LEDs are great under plastics because they are cheap and give off a good amount of light. I really like Cointaker's new frosted LEDs with the white domes because they are bright and spread the light nicely. They even work great under some inserts.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-leds-for-gi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.