• Latest reply 7 years ago by Cserold
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9329 (resized).JPG
1jbptb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MapleSyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 7 years ago

I echo the Ops cheers for Stern.

Pinside is full of great people. You need help with your pin? You'll find it here. Want the latest news? It's here.

There are thousands of threads here civilly discussing repair techniques, strategies, EM maintenance etc etc. Unfortunately, the pinball threads I'm most interested in seems to be dominated with vitriolic grandstanding. It's a shame. It ruins the experience.

I love my modern Sterns. I've been pretty vocal about that.

I don't love them because of blind allegiance.
I don't love them because I don't appreciate other eras of pinball.
I don't love them because I hate JJP.
I don't love them because I don't care about price or quality control.
I don't love them because I have a long standing beef with another Pinsider.

I'm a huge Stern supporter because they continue to design, build, and ship pinball machines I'm excited about.

Hooray for the company that has Lyman, Borg, Ritchie, Gomez, Trudeau, Sullivan, Freres, Dirty Donny, Zombie Yeti, and now Elwin?!

Hooray for the company with 10 machines in current production. TEN machines to choose from. Right now. 6 of those are HIGHLY polished, and I would argue with anybody that MET and TWD are the best pins ever made.

The only reason I would hedge my bets on those 2 machines, is I feel Lyman is going to knock BM66 out of the stratosphere! Just a hunch.

I love pinball, and that's why I'm a huge fan of Stern. Keep it positive!

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I love them too and have about 25K I would love to give to them right now (BMLE GBLE, AEROLE).
However, their quality is at best sketchy which is inexcusable at the prices they now charge for their machines.

It would easy to allow this to descend in to a mudsling festival. I totally hear your apprehension. I get it. We've seen some issues. I would offer that the issues are more rare than Pinside makes it seem. There are thousands of happy customers who don't hop on line to say, "Hey, I got my machine, and it has zero issues!"

I bought TWDle NIB. Needed to install the ramp flap fix. No issues. Best game ever.

I bought MET Pre NIB. Chased hammer magnet issues for ages. Right Ramp entrance and exit were misconnected. 2nd best game ever.

I bought GBle NIB. I'm one of MANY people who had no issues with my GB. I lowered the right ramp height. Helps that shot IMO. Added the Outlane plastic covers. Huge help. One tiny piece of the CC flaked off the side of my playfield under the Outlane post when I moved it. I don't care. If it gets worse, or shows up elsewhere on the machine, I'll call Stern. Its a super fun game. Music is amazing. Crazy.

I bought a BM66SLE. Code is at the ZYGOTE stage, but I love how the machine shoots. I think it's going to be great. A few small QC issues. LED tops busting off. Little things. Nothing like @iceman44's Weed Whacker mech tangle!? I'm thrilled to have the SLE. It's stunning.

I'm seriously considering Aerosmith. I think the Toy Box gag is stellar. Machine looks incredible. I need some hands on time with it.

This is not meant to be, "Hey look at me, I spend a Sh!T-Ton of money on Pinball!". Just a guy who's had repeatedly great NIB experiences. I see all the issues too, but they don't worry me. Serious issues will be dealt with. Minor issues I can easily handle myself.

Truth be told, I'm playing the HUO IM 1st gen I picked up more than anything these days. Also my Fathom, and my Quicksilver.

I suppose it's a ridiculous luxury that my collection is large enough, that the wait for code, and a machine being down for a technical issue doesn't phase me.

Just want to reinforce and echo a positive experience.

I will continue to support and champion Stern because they make pinball machines that make me REALLY, REALLY happy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 26.50
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MapleSyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-job-stern?tu=MapleSyrup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.