View topic image gallery

IMG_2996.JPG
IMG_2995.JPG
IMG_2993.JPG
IMG_2991.JPG
IMG_2988.JPG
IMG_2987.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Just got back my wireforms for my TFTC from Alex.

There's just one problem. Words and Pics can simply not do it justice...
(I always thought his stuff looked nice in pics but it's a totally different ball game in person)

They are simply stunning in every sense of the word. The color is so rich and detailed and SMOOTH! Seriously, these things are like polished chrome and reflect light with absolutely no blemishes. I couldn't have asked for a better end product. Truthfully the ramps I sent him were from a warehouse game that had just been sitting for almost 10 years and were "pretty rough."

The game isn't ready to be put together yet and I have shitty lighting but I set the wireforms in the game and snapped a few pics.

All I can say is you have to experience it to believe it....

IMG_2987.JPGIMG_2987.JPG

#2 11 years ago

Close-Ups

IMG_2988.JPGIMG_2988.JPG IMG_2991.JPGIMG_2991.JPG

#3 11 years ago

In Game

IMG_2993.JPGIMG_2993.JPG IMG_2995.JPGIMG_2995.JPG IMG_2996.JPGIMG_2996.JPG

#4 11 years ago

Looks awesome. Alex does an amazing job and is a class act. Can't wait to see the finished product. He did my mm,mb,and afm parts and they are going to look amazing when the restores are done. I am actually sending him my bsd rails and legs this week

#5 11 years ago

It honestly will make me work harder on the rest of the game because I want to do the rails justice, haha.

#6 11 years ago

Looks cool. From what I have seen he does excellent work.

#8 11 years ago

Glad you are happy with them! That candy purple really pops. I can see why you wanted them done, looks like they should have been those colors from the start.

The side rails, lockdown, and legs should match

#9 11 years ago

They look awesome! I wonder if the inverted ramp will scrape off any of the powder when inserting the wireforms in the holes. Mine were really tight.

Please post pics when you have it back together!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I wonder if the inverted ramp will scrape off any of the powder when inserting the wireforms in the holes. Mine were really tight.

In doing a quick test fit I did notice that the wireform ends are "slightly" bigger than the holes now but this is due to the powder being about 1/16th of an inch deep (which I don't mind, I would rather have a thicker coating anyways). I plan on taking a drill bit and widening the holes just a smidge.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

In doing a quick test fit I did notice that the wireform ends are "slightly" bigger than the holes now but this is due to the powder being about 1/16th of an inch deep (which I don't mind, I would rather have a thicker coating anyways). I plan on taking a drill bit and widening the holes just a smidge.

That's typical, even if you had re-chromed them. No biggie...easy to fix as you note.

They do look awesome. I'm becoming a big fan of powder coating!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#12 11 years ago

I usually try to plug the holes on parts but on wireframes it doesn't make sense. Easy to open the hole up if need be but there is always extra clearance because they are either machine screws that require nuts and don't screw into the wire forms themselves (ie the trail holes aren't threaded) or are rivets.

#13 11 years ago

Those do look great

#14 11 years ago

God I wish I had the money to get Rollergames done...

#15 11 years ago

nice work Alex, thanks for sharing pics fattrain

#16 11 years ago

Wow! Looks awesome!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

nice work Alex, thanks for sharing pics fattrain

Thanks! See you soon at deaths's house!

#18 11 years ago

Looks great as always nice work Alex.

Fattrain nice lookin TFTC you have there.

I think it would look even better with mirror blades or some type of custom side art.

Wireforms look great.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Thanks! See you soon at deaths's house!

Sounds kinda creepy doesn't it, LOL.

Nice work Alex, might have to ask to put you on the payroll for a few of my own if you don't mind.

Mike

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20 11 years ago

Mike,

Absolutely no problem. You can even come to the shop and watch it get done

#21 11 years ago

Alex,

That would be awesome. Do you have the Blood Red that they use for BSD or can you obtain it?

Mike

#22 11 years ago

Fattrain those look so awesome! Can't wait to get my LOTR done in Brass.

Hey Alex any chance that you are getting caught up and might be able to fit my LOTR in to the schedule?
Please send a PM and give me an update.
Thanks.

#23 11 years ago

Dannng those look good and then even better in the game! Very nice match

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from tekhmaster:

Fattrain those look so awesome! Can't wait to get my LOTR done in Brass.
Hey Alex any chance that you are getting caught up and might be able to fit my LOTR in to the schedule?
Please send a PM and give me an update.
Thanks.

Tek,

I'm not doing plating anymore just powder However most LOTR i'm getting now believe it or not are in gloss bronze.. and it looks STELLAR! I would go that route more than brass/gold. Looks too "Stock"

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Alex,
That would be awesome. Do you have the Blood Red that they use for BSD or can you obtain it?
Mike

Mike,

I am placing an order for "Oxblood hues" in a few days. Another pinsider is sending me all his BSD parts to plate them in blood/coagulant red

When I powder the pieces if he is cool with it I'll let you peek at them before i ship them back. He generally reads my posts so he can either respond or PM me/you

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/PPB-4536/

#26 11 years ago

Nice job on fattrains wireforms Alex....I never heard back from you so I have a local guy powdering my IJ parts.....keep up the great work, those things look awesome.

#27 11 years ago

I'd love to have some work done in the near future.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Nice job on fattrains wireforms Alex....I never heard back from you so I have a local guy powdering my IJ parts.....keep up the great work, those things look awesome.

Loren,

I did reply. Did you not get it?

#29 11 years ago

Nope....waited over a month after I sent more pics with the details you asked for....no biggie. I hope the local guy can keep up the level of work you have shown.

I will head over to fattrain's house and check the forms out but from what I have seen in the pictures I like the work a lot.
The next pin I restore (if I restore) I will get a hold of you.

#30 11 years ago

Wow now im upset. I hope it didn't get caught in a spam filter. I got your pics to my gmail and responded from there. Shit. Train has my cell. Get me on that when you need something going forward.

#32 11 years ago

I'm waiting on a response as well. Whenever you get time.

1 week later
#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Tek,
I'm not doing plating anymore just powder However most LOTR i'm getting now believe it or not are in gloss bronze.. and it looks STELLAR! I would go that route more than brass/gold. Looks too "Stock"

Alex, yea that's what I was looking for that glossy gold/brass/bronze(whatever ) 2 tone Powder Coating that you mentioned in your Price Thread.

Send me a PM if you can and let me know when/cost/details etc. I just finished the Shop Job so it is just waiting for that final touch.

Edit: you called it Transparent Brass in the pricing thread. But anything similar is fine.

#34 11 years ago

Transparent brass is off the table. I did some experimentation and it doesn't shine enough. It must have been photo magic on prismatics site but I put 6 coats (not what you would normally do under any circumstances) and it still wasn't that shiny.

I've been doing gloss bronze which is actually a metallic. Goto www.prismaticpowders.com and choose a color

#35 11 years ago

Alex, I was going to PM you, but figure this is worth asking you here. I have Ms Pac Man Midway Coin door as well as some other metal pieces from the machine like the rear wheel housings. Is this something you do (Or at least the coin door)?

Thanks and I apologize for jumping on the thread but figure it is worth asking if others are looking for this stuff too.

#36 11 years ago

What are you looking to do? Just powder them? If its metal ill powder it for you.

#37 11 years ago

Yes, all metal stuff. Will send you a PM. Thanks.

#38 11 years ago

Hey Alex,

What color are you using from Prismaticpowders for a brass look? For an Indiana Jones.

Thanks

#39 11 years ago

A shame about the transparent brass, the photos of it looked so good.
Hmm, didn't see a gloss bronze only transparent bronze on Prismaticpowders site and that looks a bit dark in the photos. Got any better photos of something done by you in that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-guy-alex-levy-powder-w-o-w and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.