Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by HeyYouSir
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Stopped at Rocco's Pizza in Little Canada, MN to play some pins in the wild.
Chatted with the owner (Eddie). You can tell that he loves pinball.
Owns and maintains them himself. His current lineup is:

Lethal Weapon 3
No Good Gophers
Gladiators
WWF Royal Rumble
Red & Ted's Road Show

Machines are pretty well maintained. Check it out if you are in the area.

#2 11 years ago

I need to stop by there and play ngg's soon. Funny he has gladiators as well. I just snagged that game.

#3 11 years ago

He got a Bone Busters a few months back he was shopping out.

#4 11 years ago

Is it wrong to just show up and play the pins, haha? I always feel like a bum showing up to restaurants to only play pins and not order any food. Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to trying WWF and playing some RS/NGG.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Is it wrong to just show up and play the pins, haha? I always feel like a bum showing up to restaurants to only play pins and not order any food. Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to trying WWF and playing some RS/NGG.

This restaurant is take out only. While I was there I called my wife suggesting
we order a pizza for supper. Would have, but she already had dinner planned
and was cooking it.
I played a number of games. Money he wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
Maybe next time? I like supporting those that offer decent pins to play in the wild.
As an added bonus, I enjoyed talking pinball with Eddie. He will occasionally have
one of his pins for sale.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

He got a Bone Busters a few months back he was shopping out.

Yep. He said that when I was talking with him.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I need to stop by there and play ngg's soon. Funny he has Gladiators as well. I just snagged that game.

He mentioned to me that NGG was the first pin that he bought.

#8 11 years ago

I'll be down in a few weekends, I'll hit that place up. I grew up in Roseville. Didn't play pins really until a year ago. My friend lives near there so I'll suggest we go there!

10 months later
#9 10 years ago

I stopped by Rocco's today... The current lineup is:

The X Files
WWF Royal Rumble
Gladiators
Super Mario Bros
The Flintstones

Had never played X-Files. Very nice example of the game. Fun game!
Also played a few games of Super Mario Bros. Great fun with classic callouts.

#10 10 years ago

Ed's a great guy.

Very good pizza too !

LTG : )

#11 10 years ago

Awesome, I just sold Eddie that game. He's a heck of a nice guy and very into Pins too. I need to make it out to Rocco's yet..

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Awesome, I just sold Eddie that game. He's a heck of a nice guy and very into Pins too. I need to make it out to Rocco's yet..

I haven't played a Flintstones in forever. Maybe only one time ever on vacation in FL. I'll have to stop over there.

Address is... 2750 Lake Shore Ave, Little Canada, MN 55117

#14 10 years ago

I'll be down sept. 6-8th if you wanna go and meet up. I'd like to try xfiles and Flintstones.

#15 10 years ago

I had no idea they had pins there. I'll have to check it out

1 year later
#16 9 years ago

I stopped by Rocco's today... The current lineup is:

The X Files
Super Mario Bros
The Flintstones
The Bally Game Show
Terminator 3

I gravitated toward T3. Fun game. Metal ramps.
Looks to be pretty well made. I'll need to put T3
on my wish list.

#17 9 years ago

He got rid of gladiators and lw3, hey. I want to try smb, i'll be there Saturday!

#18 9 years ago

He had both The X Files and The Flintstones for sale on CL locally recently.

#19 9 years ago

WHAT?! he did...hmmm I am looking for a pin for my business.

1 month later
#20 9 years ago

I am in the habit of keeping some quarters in my car and stopping to play pinball in the wild. Every once in a while I will stop in at Rocco's Pizza to play some games. Today after work I stopped and of course it was busy in there with folks calling in and picking up pizza orders. (Note to self, next time go when it is not so busy.) I proceeded to put the first quarter into T3 (OK) and the second quarter got stuck in the coin slot. I could see it in the slot and it wasn't going anywhere. Mentioned to Eddie that it was stuck in there.. He came out when things settled down a bit. Opened the coin door, fished out my quarter and gave gave me another from the coin box. When I asked what was wrong with my quarter he said it looked "worn" and proceeded to tell me that he has a dollar change machine and that I should use his fresh quarters. (Excuse me, but I didn't have any dollars with me at the time and came prepared with some quarters to play some pinball.) At any rate, Eddie locked the coin door on T3 and went back to help out with pizza orders. Well, you guessed it, when I tried to put the second quarter in T3 the credit didn't register staying at a half credit. The place was too busy to worry about getting some help so I played a game of Game Show and left.

His T3 is currently listed on CL for around $2500. Overall in good shape. Some wear around the flipper buttons. minneapolis.craigslist.org link
I have played it on previous outings, but this time around the coin mechanism had an issue. Right coin slot is taped up. Left side had the issue with quarters getting stuck or not registering.

For those interested, Rocco's has the same lineup as before:

The X Files
Super Mario Bros
The Flintstones
The Bally Game Show
Terminator 3

I'll return sometime when it's not so busy. In case you're wondering, I sometimes order pizza.

#21 9 years ago

Ed is a good guy. I will have to stop in again soon as it has been a while since I last saw him and played his games.

#22 9 years ago

I've talked to him in the past and he was really nice. I think it is hard to be busy running a shop and helping someone with a machine...I understand the frustration but don't take it personal. We all have good and bad days.

SUnray lanes has all plastic coin mechs (laundry mat?)....I would suggest those for route, no mech issues to deal with. I'll be getting some for my routed machines.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I understand the frustration but don't take it personal. We all have good and bad days.

Agreed. I happened to visit during a very busy time for them. Eddie is a great guy and a big reason why I stop there to play pinball. I'll certainly continue to do so.

#24 9 years ago

and his pizza is great too. Gonna order one this weekend.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and his pizza is great too. Gonna order one this weekend.

From the Little Canada store? There are a number of Rocco's Pizza locations in the Twin Cities.
I could be wrong, but I suspect that Eddie only owns the Little Canada one. He has mentioned
to me that he also has some pins on location at a VFW.

Thumbs up on the pizza. When my wife is thinking about ordering pizza I'll suggest Rocco's and volunteer to go and pick it up... arriving early so that I can play some games.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

From the Little Canada store?

Yup, I'm out of the delivery area so I have to go pick it up.

#27 9 years ago

I keep forgetting to swing in there when I go to my parents house.... dang it! I wanna try xfiles.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ed's a great guy.
Very good pizza too !
LTG : )

Agreed.

2 months later
#29 9 years ago

Just stopped by. The new line up is:

Super Mario Bros
The Flintstones
The Bally Game Show
Terminator 3

T3 is now the 75 cent game. All others are 50 cents.

1 year later
#30 7 years ago

Elvis
Fish Tales (DMD out of order)
Baywatch

50 cents per game.

6 months later
#31 6 years ago

Pistol Poker (1993 pin according to ipdb with a production run of only 200)
Elvis
Fish Tales (Color DMD is working fine now)

50 cents per game.

10 months later
#32 6 years ago

Mustang
Dialed-In (LE)
Fish Tales

$1.00 per game.

#33 6 years ago

Dialed in?! Crap!!! I was just at my parents and had no free time. I’ll have to make sure to swing back in

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Dialed in?! Crap!!! I was just at my parents and had no free time. I’ll have to make sure to swing back in

** Spoiler Alert ** Dialed-In is an impressive game. I was surprised and somewhat shocked when it took my picture upon receiving a high score!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-guy-alert-eddie-at-roccos-pizza-in-little-canada-mn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.