7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

conquest5 (resized).JPG
    conquest4 (resized).JPG
    conquest2 (resized).jpg
    conquest3 (resized).jpg
    conquest1 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Friday night I had the pleasure of driving up to Colson's house in Levittown, PA to look at and potentially buy a Conquest 200 pinball machine. What an awesome dude! I can't say enough good things about him and his hospitality. I could have purchased this machine sight unseen, because he described it 100% perfectly and even provided a video backing up all of his claims. I wish all Pinside transactions were this simple. Upon arrival he gave me a quick tour of his mancave which has some pretty awesome pins in the lineup. My girlfriend got to play several games she has never played before while me and Colson geeked out over pinball. Since this was my first ever EM purchase, Colson took the time to show me the game inside out and what to look for if the game has any problems (A+++ service). After I paid him for the pinball machine I then went out to grab my tools and he told me not to worry about it. He single handedly took the game apart, loaded it up on the dolly, and loaded it into my mini-van. Throughout the entire transaction he gave me a plethora of pointers on tearing down games, loading/unloading them, and transporting them. Hell I had no idea I should lay cardboard down over the carpet of the mini-van to avoid snags in the carpet from the pinball machine. To top it all off, he even threw in an EM file for the switches and decent bag of LED lights. He is also now a part of Lights of Pinball, so be sure to support Lights Out Pinball and don't ever be afraid to deal with Colson, he is a stand up guy! Thanks Colson!

Game is now unloaded and in the basement. Enjoy the pics!

conquest1 (resized).jpgconquest1 (resized).jpg

conquest3 (resized).jpgconquest3 (resized).jpg

conquest2 (resized).jpgconquest2 (resized).jpg

conquest4 (resized).JPGconquest4 (resized).JPG

conquest5 (resized).JPGconquest5 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

I second that motion. I have had many a deal with Colson and he is a stand up guy. A+ pinsider for sure

#3 7 years ago

Meh, he's okay... Good guy, I guess so... Good player, TBD...

He's got this odd issue where people visit his home, and leave with their initials in the top spots of his games, but that's none of my business though...

Quoted from djreddog:

Hell I had no idea I should lay cardboard down over the carpet of the mini-van to avoid snags in the carpet from the pinball machine

I taught him this trick, thank you!

JUST KIDDING! - Colson is my dude and one of the nicest and coolest players I know. I consider him a trusted friend and a true asset to the hobby for others, like you, doing business with him. In ColsonD we trust!

#4 7 years ago

+ 1......Colson is a good dude.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from davebart5:

JUST KIDDING! - Colson is my dude and one of the nicest and coolest players I know. I consider him a trusted friend and a true asset to the hobby for others, like you, doing business with him. In ColsonD we trust!

Well thanks for teaching him that trick! Helped immensely sliding the game out when I got home!

#6 7 years ago

Great to know, I've spoken with Colson a couple of times and he seems like a really good dude...Look forward to buying a pin off him in the future.

#8 7 years ago

Indeed awesome dude

1 week later
    #9 7 years ago

Chad, just came across this thread tonight. Thanks to you and everyone else that posted for the kind words.

Quoted from davebart5:

Meh, he's okay... Good guy, I guess so... Good player, TBD...
    He's got this odd issue where people visit his home, and leave with their initials in the top spots of his games, but that's none of my business though...

As for you Dave, you've had a few good games at my abode. LOL. I reset the high scores before you come over so you can set new ones and feel good about yourself. And you taught me the cardboard trick? You bastard...haha. Surely you jest. Should I tell everyone that I told you repeatedly to use cardboard at Pinfest last year, and even offered you some, only to hear from you later that you snagged your new game on the carpet of your SUV because you...cough...ignored my advice.

I enjoy this hobby and have met a ton of cool Pinsiders, and even got to hang with a few more during my trip to Cali this week. Everyone that posted in this thread is cool likewise and I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with them..thanks again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-guy-alert-colsond3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.