7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jodini
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3957 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

I had recently posted about a 1964 Midway Space Gun that I had picked up. Cabinet and backglass are nice and I am working through a series of different restoration issues.

When I bought the game, the right hand side service panel was missing (which I understand is pretty common on these games, much like missing back doors on pins). No big deal as I figured I would at some point get around to making a replacement although it would be tough to match the patina of the old game.

Out of the blue I get a PM from 'Bowlerguy' - who some may recognize as Chris from St Louis Ball Bowlers. Turns out he saw my posting, recognized the operators sticker on the front of my game and recalled that he had THAT panel. Turns out it was in the back of a cigarette machine (!) that was part of a multi-game purchase he made awhile back.

IMG_3957 (resized).JPGIMG_3957 (resized).JPG

Just went and picked it up today, Chris refused any money for the part and gave me some good tips on replacing a sprocket I need to get the game going. Chris is in the final process of moving into a new building so I got to check out a small part of his inventory. If I ever get the space, St Louis Ball Bowlers is the place I will look to for one of these great games.

Thanks again Bowlerguy, yet another great guy in the hobby!

#2 7 years ago

Great story!!

#3 7 years ago

Another plug for Bowlerguy! He saw I wanted a "Penny Pitch" and reached out to let me know that he has one. Good guy and does amazing work on those bowling games!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-guy-alert-bowlerguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.