Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by SiN13
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

treebeard-lotr.gif
    Bridge (resized).png
    Pinball Fucking Wizard (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

So now t-shirts require you to pay upfront (preorder)?

https://pinballwizard.com/products/legendary-mothman-tshirt

#2 1 year ago

Pre-order means they can take everyone's sizes and then order the right amount of each, instead of trying to guess and stock up and have too many Smalls and not enough XXLs. So it's not that weird in that sense.

What's corny is that

A) the company is called Pinball Wizard, ffs, the most over-used phrase in pinball. Every time a little local paper highlights some pinball personality they're a "pinball wizard". Stooooooop.

https://spectrumnews1.com/oh/columbus/news/2023/01/04/pinball-wizard-

Pinball Fucking Wizard (resized).pngPinball Fucking Wizard (resized).png

B) It's a Jersey Jack shirt, and it's so obviously wishing it was Stern's Godzilla. Mothman with shots to collapse the bridge huh? Right.

Bridge (resized).pngBridge (resized).png

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Every time a little local paper highlights some pinball personality they're a "pinball wizard". Stooooooop.

I was at my local Sprouts two days ago wearing a TPF 18’ hoodie and the cashier sarcastically asked in an elevated tone:
    Oooh, are you THE PINBAALLL WIZZERRD???
    Trying not to strangle them with my eyes I calmly took a second, and replied:

No, no, I am but a humble PINVESTOR, like most these days… Trying hard to bolster my retirement nugget of past pins purchased.
    BUT, I did manage to beat THE WIZARD, just ONCE!
    On a game of Seawitch…

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

So now t-shirts require you to pay upfront (preorder)?
    https://pinballwizard.com/products/legendary-mothman-tshirt

God I got this garbage today too

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

the company is called Pinball Wizard

treebeard-lotr.giftreebeard-lotr.gif
    #6 1 year ago

Sure wish JJP would be more focused on releasing long overdue code updates GNR and Pirates versus announcing new t-shirts...

3 weeks later
    #7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Pinball Wizard, ffs, the most over-used phrase in pinball. [...] Stooooooop.

This, absolutely.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Pre-order means they can take everyone's sizes and then order the right amount of each, instead of trying to guess and stock up and have too many Smalls and not enough XXLs.

absurd, have you seen the pinball crowd?
    just order 25% Large
    50% XL
    25% XXL

#9 1 year ago

At Pincinnati we are going to give everyone the option to preorder shirts, but will also have a bunch at the show. It’s very difficult to know what sizes and quantities you need.

This way all the people that worry about missing out have the pre order option.

Shirts are very expensive especially if you’re left with a lot of them unsold. I always try to under buy, but this past year we ran out on Friday. That’s not good either.

We shall see.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

absurd, have you seen the pinball crowd?
    just order 25% Large
    50% XL
    25% XXL

This split is no where near correct. It literally changes every year, and you’re missing 3x and 4x. Oh and people want T sizes too.

#11 1 year ago

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

This split is no where near correct. It literally changes every year, and you’re missing 3x and 4x. Oh and people want T sizes too.

probably cover 90%+ and you can't satisfy everyone

#13 1 year ago

probably cover 90%+ and you can't satisfy everyone

You’d think, but it didn’t even cover 75% this past year. It covered about 90% the year before that.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’d think, but it didn’t even cover 75% this past year. It covered about 90% the year before that.

so the pinball crowd is getting larger?

#15 1 year ago

so the pinball crowd is getting larger?

Different groups are coming each year.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

B) It's a Jersey Jack shirt, and it's so obviously wishing it was Stern's Godzilla. Mothman with shots to collapse the bridge huh? Right.
    [quoted image]

Whoa, talk about a niche theme! But awesome in the creepiest way. And if you're not familiar with Mothman, well yeah (SPOILER ALERT) he collapses the bridge. Allegedly it actually happened (well the bridge collapsing did. Whether it had anything to do with a Mothman is where the legend comes from).

Anyway that's a great shirt. My daughter's junior-college roommate is from near Point Pleasant and a huge Mothman fan so... might have to get one. I would never have known without this topic so, thanks!

1 month later
    #17 1 year ago

Did anyone ever order this shirt and receive it? I bought one 2 weeks ago and it still hasn’t shipped and they don’t seem to respond to customer support emails.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.