• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this score question stupid?”

• Hell yes, you are an idiot. 1 vote
    33%
  • IDC about you, you don't own 10+ pins. Your question is worthless. 0 votes
  • Who cares, I'm going to somehow derail this thread to be about Otaku like other threads 1 vote
    33%
  • No, great question you are a genius. 1 vote
    33%

(3 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Barkz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

last night, in my mind, I absolutely murdered Capt. Card. Rolled it over twice and scored 308k. Blew the previous house high score out of the water.

It got me thinking, what is a good high score? Not in just Capt., but in all games. And not just to me in my house, but to others?

Do you base it off of replays earned (ex. two replays is a good game, 3+ is great) for those replay games?

Obviously there is no "right" answer as it's all based on what your standards are, but I'm curious what those standards might be for others.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Some folks have posted high scores here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/capt-card/scores

It really depends upon the game. Some games might score in the thousands, while others in the millions (or even billions).

Yeah, but I mean not just high score. I know scores can vary, but at what point do you consider it a "good" score? If you earn a free game? If you get on the high scores list? If you score the high score? Personal best? Things like that.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

A good score for me means that you enter in your initials. At our house, we actually keep a separate white board to track scores of my friends and family as its quite hard to get on the actual high score list.

This is more so what I was wondering. Like on my C37 I get specials and fill the thermometer all the time, but my score doesn't even earn a replay so I don't think it's all that great. That being said, earning two replays now on that machine doesn't get you on the home high score board. People ask me when they play what's "good" and I say anything over 100,000 but to get in the high score board you have to put up 160k.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Barkz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-game-score?tu=Barkz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.